Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers*

Started by goose_3387, Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM

Author
Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers* (Read 156,822 times)

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Master on May 18, 2017, 10:29:01 AM
Quote from: EJA on May 18, 2017, 10:25:59 AM
Quote from: Master on May 18, 2017, 09:25:19 AM
Turning one of the most distinct franchise in to yet another alien invasion truly is God awful.

Why AvP don`t count? Cause you don`t like it? It`s funy cause it`s even acknowlaged in the script :D

Spoiler
Holy shit -- THE BATTLE-SCARRED PREDATOR BIOHELMET.
The iconic WAR MASK from five separate films. It DWARFS this
suburban boy's delicate hands.
[close]

Spoiler
That, in and of itself, does not confirm that the AVP movies are explicitly acknowledged within the story of the film itself.
[close]

None other story, except first film maybe is.

Predators is referenced , when they talk about the predator cold war.It's a script note not a piece of dialogue, but still, they aknowledge Predators.

goose_3387

Does the Hybrid Predator get a cool intro like Wolf did (throne room)?

BigDaddyJohn

Hello everyone !

I'm new on the forum, but i've read everything posted on this topic, and I'm very excited so far despite the fact that some new stuff may be weird for a lot of people (including me), but I think Black is a talented filmmaker, and he can make us adhere to what we will be seeing in some extent, the execution is crucial I believe. But regarding the leaked script, SpeedyMaxx can you please tell me if you saw anything about new predator weaponry, especially concerning the upgraded predator ? Maybe new weapons/gadgets that he specifically brought for his tasks on earth ? Though if you don't want to spoil this I will understand. Anyway for the most part I agree with you on this, I think Shane Black could do very well, I hope we get a very fun, entertaining movie !

JokersWarPig

None of this sounds like something I wanted...

Kurai

Kurai

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 18, 2017, 07:46:03 AM
Do we? From what? I don't know of anything in Predators that explicitly indicates terraforming, and comics and AVP don't count. And regardless of any terraforming elsewhere, that still doesn't mean it's not plausible for them
Spoiler
to look to Earth. Just because there could be other worlds to use does not make Earth less of an option, it just means you personally think they should go somewhere else. That's not 'no sense,' that's your opinion.
[close]

Ok, I really wonder why I have to spell this out but here it goes...
Spoiler
Predators takes place on an alien planet specifically made to resemble Earth, right down to the flora. Now, perhaps this was terraformed by some other race or maybe it just magically happens to have plants that can be identified by anyone watching the film and even the characters IN the film, none of that changes anything. It's still a viable world for the Predators to damn well inhabit. Seriously, how do people have a blind spot for this?  ???
[close]

And on the other point.

Spoiler
It's all about motivation, why go do something you have even a possibility of failing at when you have a location you won't be faced with a fight? Any attempt at explanation you give is simply "This is the way the movie wants it so there", it's a handwave or trolling, I can't tell.
[close]

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 18, 2017, 07:46:03 AM
Spoiler
Seriously? Who the hell wrote the damn script if that's actually a part of it? I can't remember them ever actually being referred to as Predators in the movies, only Hunters or something like that.
[close]

They're referred to as that in this film. Then it's explored and unpacked in terms of backstory.

Still poor writing trying to mask itself as intellectual.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Master on May 18, 2017, 09:25:19 AM
Why AvP don`t count? Cause you don`t like it?

Because it's a piece of shit and any defense of it leads me to stop listening to the poster.

Quote from: Kurai on May 18, 2017, 02:46:36 PM
Spoiler
Predators takes place on an alien planet specifically made to resemble Earth, right down to the flora.
[close]
How do we know it was made to resemble Earth? Because a fan wiki entry suggests it might be? Or is it in the film?

Even so, just you saying 'well, they should just use that world if they have it' does not invalidate the writers choosing to use a different story turn and make a different choice in this movie. Anything else is your personal opinion.

QuoteStill poor writing trying to mask itself as intellectual.

The script is not exactly what I'd call intellectual.

Quote from: ithinkitshawkins on May 18, 2017, 01:35:22 PM
Spoiler
So the jungle hunter and city hunter weren't hunting humans for DNA (spines)?
[close]

I think they may well have been - along with trophies - but the implication in the story
Spoiler
is that the classic Predators now feel the Upgrades are going too far with the hybridization. Getting away from the original race.
[close]

Master

Ok. so stop. Not that I care. The fact is you're twisting facts when you see fitting.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Master on May 19, 2017, 12:00:23 AM
Ok. so stop. Not that I care. The fact is you're twisting facts when you see fitting.

What am I twisting? That the script 'sucks'? I disagree - as a Predator fan I like it a lot.

I'm answering things as honestly and plainly as I can. I said from the beginning this movie will divide the hardcore fanbase and definitely not be for everyone. We're seeing that now.

Just because I like it and you don't doesn't mean I'm 'twisting' a thing. It means we disagree. I also happen to hate the AVP films and deeply dislike P2. It's not a big deal if we disagree. You and a couple other posters are the ones making it personal. I don't give a shit.

black

Too hot here in the forum on the site of predators, I would have moved here.

Master

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 19, 2017, 12:05:13 AM
Quote from: Master on May 19, 2017, 12:00:23 AM

What am I twisting? That the script 'sucks'? I disagree - as a Predator fan I like it a lot.

I'm answering things as honestly and plainly as I can. I said from the beginning this movie will divide the hardcore fanbase and definitely not be for everyone. We're seeing that now.

Just because I like it and you don't doesn't mean I'm 'twisting' a thing. It means we disagree. I also happen to hate the AVP films and deeply dislike P2. It's not a big deal if we disagree. You and a couple other posters are the ones making it personal. I don't give a shit.

You say 'avps don't count' yet existence of five films is even acknowledged in script you like so much. It's not twisting? I'm confused. The fact you don't like something,  doesn't make it any less valid in discussions.

The Alien Predator

I'm curious about the mention of AvP in the script.

So both AvPs count? Do they mention Wolf and the Xenomorphs in that suburb?

Master

Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 19, 2017, 12:29:37 AM
I'm curious about the mention of AvP in the script.

So both AvPs count? Do they mention Wolf and the Xenomorphs in that suburb?

It's not mentioned, it's acknowledged.

black

black

I cant believe it :o HOW????

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on May 19, 2017, 12:34:24 AM
It's not mentioned, it's acknowledged.

The f**k?!!

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Master on May 19, 2017, 12:20:47 AM
You say 'avps don't count' yet existence of five films is even acknowledged in script you like so much.

Man, the only mention of AVP is in a non-story stage direction mentioning that the being we know as the Predator has been featured in five different movies - which everyone knows IRL. That's not the same thing as AVP being addressed in story, and you know it. That's also not me twisting a thing - that's you trying to twist a stage direction to validate your continuity angst - but over what, exactly? Or perhaps more relevant, it's to validate your anger that I don't like AVP. Which has nothing to do with this movie or this script.

This is literally the definition of 'twisting' something - it's you claiming AVP plays a role in the movie and getting fans all excited. It doesn't, at all. It's astonishing how hypocritical and trollish you're choosing to be here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed