Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers*

Started by goose_3387, Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM

Author
Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers* (Read 156,870 times)

echobbase79

Quote from: ithinkitshawkins on May 17, 2017, 08:12:26 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on May 17, 2017, 07:43:08 PM
Quote from: ithinkitshawkins on May 17, 2017, 05:41:04 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on May 17, 2017, 05:10:18 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 17, 2017, 03:35:48 PM
I don't remember any indication of
Spoiler
the defected Predator seen in the first two acts having human blood.
[close]

Yeah, all I remember
Spoiler
was 'human eyes'.
[close]

And that makes sense how? Why would it have...?

Spoiler
Apparently their planet is dying out. It's becoming colder. So they're taking human DNA and using so they can adapt to our world. And from I gathered from the script, to take it over. It doesn't say that specifically, but that's how I read it.
[close]

Spoiler
So the predators in this movie will look more human than P1 and P2 for example? Did the upgrade have the human eyes or the regular predator(s)?
[close]

Spoiler
Just the Hybrid.
[close]

black

Spoiler
Then why between predators war if they need to escape from their planet? or some predators want to live peacefully with us on our planet?
[close]

Master

It's The thing that makes me despise this script much.

Spoiler
Predators, interstellar super advanced species that hunted on great many worlds just now realised they need our backwater earth. So what? Invasion! Come on...
[close]

Master

Spoiler
Nope, it's  suggestion. There is bit of dialogue that events in this one started a war and the answer is the war already started. Plus this whole mumbo jumbo of genetic changes to better cope with our atmosphere
[close]

echobbase79

Spoiler
Thanks! Just to be clear. The regular predators are really just regular predators? And the Hybrid is a human/predator hybrid? Or does he have other species in his DNA as well?
[close]
[/quote]

Spoiler
Yes, the regular Predators are normal. As for the hybrid, it's more Predator than human, but I guess it's evolving. We never see the full realization of what that would look like though.
[close]

black

Quote from: Master on May 17, 2017, 08:53:07 PM
Spoiler
Nope, it's  suggestion. There is bit of dialogue that events in this one started a war and the answer is the war already started. Plus this whole mumbo jumbo of genetic changes to better cope with our atmosphere
[close]
Spoiler
In the script, how do they explain why the main characters should put these friendly predators on a hybrid ship and send them back home? And why are the fate of these predators so concerned about the protagonists?
[close]

Master

Quote from: ithinkitshawkins on May 17, 2017, 09:02:13 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Okay last question then i will shut up. A war between regular predator and hybrids? The regular ones don't want to take over the earth?
[close]

It's not answered straight.

Quote from: black on May 17, 2017, 09:17:16 PM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
In the script, how do they explain why the main characters should put these friendly predators on a hybrid ship and send them back home? And why are the fate of these predators so concerned about the protagonists?
[close]

They shouldn't. They are just fighting common enemy.

SpeedyMaxx

The Upgrade has
Spoiler
"human eyes."
[close]
Not any classic Predator.

The classic Predators
Spoiler
do not care about conquering Earth - they are dissidents embroiled in a civil war with the Upgrades, who know our planet is warming and seek to take it over because theirs is cooling down. They need a hot climate to thrive. The classic Predators seen in the third act came to Earth and contacted agents in our government to alert them to the threat and work to defeat a common enemy: the Upgraded Predators.
[close]

Ushella

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 18, 2017, 03:44:05 AM
The Upgrade has
Spoiler
"human eyes."
[close]

The classic Predators
Spoiler
do not care about conquering Earth - they are dissidents embroiled in a civil war with the Upgrades, who know our planet is warming and seek to take it over because theirs is cooling down. They need a hot climate to thrive. The classic Predators seen in the third act came to Earth and contacted agents in our government to alert them to the threat and work to defeat a common enemy: the Upgraded Predators.
[close]

That sounds god awful.

Kurai

Quote from: Ushella on May 18, 2017, 06:56:44 AM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 18, 2017, 03:44:05 AM
The Upgrade has
Spoiler
"human eyes."
[close]

The classic Predators
Spoiler
[close]

That sounds god awful.

Not only does it sound god awful, it also makes absolutely no sense.

Spoiler
There are two known sapient species in our universe if we ignore AvP and we know for a fact that Predators have terraformed hot humid game preserve planets which can easily be inhabited.
[close]

This and "Predators" cannot function in the same canon unless they manage to explain this bullshit. Seriously, even throwing "Predators" out the window we still know that the Predator species has FTL travel which they use at their leisure.

Then there's the whole
Spoiler
"indepth discussion as to why we call them Predators when they aren't really predators" thing I read a while back. Seriously? Who the hell wrote the damn script if that's actually a part of it? I can't remember them ever actually being referred to as Predators in the movies, only Hunters or something like that. This reeks of stupidity pretending to wak philosophical.
[close]

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Kurai on May 18, 2017, 07:36:43 AM

Spoiler
There are two known sapient species in our universe if we ignore AvP and we know for a fact that Predators have terraformed hot humid game preserve planets which can easily be inhabited.
[close]

Do we? From what? I don't know of anything in Predators that explicitly indicates terraforming, and comics and AVP don't count. And regardless of any terraforming elsewhere, that still doesn't mean it's not plausible for them
Spoiler
to look to Earth. Just because there could be other worlds to use does not make Earth less of an option, it just means you personally think they should go somewhere else. That's not 'no sense,' that's your opinion.
[close]

Spoiler
Seriously? Who the hell wrote the damn script if that's actually a part of it? I can't remember them ever actually being referred to as Predators in the movies, only Hunters or something like that.
[close]

They're referred to as that in this film. Then it's explored and unpacked in terms of backstory.

That sounds god awful.

K

Doomofman

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 18, 2017, 07:46:03 AM
Quote from: Kurai on May 18, 2017, 07:36:43 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Do we? From what? I don't know of anything in Predators that explicitly indicates terraforming, and comics and AVP don't count. And regardless of any terraforming elsewhere, that still doesn't mean it's not plausible for them
Spoiler
to look to Earth. Just because there could be other worlds to use does not make Earth less of an option, it just means you personally think they should go somewhere else. That's not 'no sense,' that's your opinion.
[close]

Spoiler
Seriously? Who the hell wrote the damn script if that's actually a part of it? I can't remember them ever actually being referred to as Predators in the movies, only Hunters or something like that.
[close]

They're referred to as that in this film. Then it's explored and unpacked in terms of backstory.

That sounds god awful.

K

You're spot on about
Spoiler
The terraforming, it's never even hinted at in the movies anywhere, just extended universe comics, books etc I'd imagine.
[close]

As for

Spoiler
Them being referred to as predators in the movie, that's fine, Keyes already referred to the one in P2 as a predator. It's been done, no big deal
[close]

Master

Master

Turning one of the most distinct franchise in to yet another alien invasion truly is God awful.

Why AvP don`t count? Cause you don`t like it? It`s funy cause it`s even acknowlaged in the script :D

Spoiler
Holy shit -- THE BATTLE-SCARRED PREDATOR BIOHELMET.
The iconic WAR MASK from five separate films. It DWARFS this
suburban boy's delicate hands.
[close]

EJA

Quote from: Master on May 18, 2017, 09:25:19 AM
Turning one of the most distinct franchise in to yet another alien invasion truly is God awful.

Why AvP don`t count? Cause you don`t like it? It`s funy cause it`s even acknowlaged in the script :D

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
That, in and of itself, does not confirm that the AVP movies are explicitly acknowledged within the story of the film itself.
[close]

Master

Quote from: EJA on May 18, 2017, 10:25:59 AM
Quote from: Master on May 18, 2017, 09:25:19 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
That, in and of itself, does not confirm that the AVP movies are explicitly acknowledged within the story of the film itself.
[close]

None other story, except first film maybe is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed