Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers*

Started by goose_3387, Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM

Author
Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers* (Read 157,276 times)

SpeedyMaxx

SiL

All good, used to happen a hell of a lot.

Johnny Handsome

I haven't read much of this thread as i don't want to get spoiled too much, but, could somebody tell me how many Predators are in the script for this movie?

And i read something about good Predators... like, good in the sense of a team up out of necessity (like in Predators, which i thought was OK for that instance) or like really "good spirited" ones?

Russ840

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Apr 19, 2017, 02:02:51 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 19, 2017, 01:51:43 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Apr 19, 2017, 11:34:11 AM
Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 18, 2017, 08:40:42 PM
That's what I mean dude. My point was that I can't see why people complain because the film is not using the same template that has come before.

The things that are going to happen in this movie, whether they be as the leak describes or different. Why are they bad. Why couldn't they be things that happen in the Predator universe.

Anything goes as long as it's executed well

The Predator borrows the Predators story,
wich is ,nothing new.
Friendly classic preds pussies helping humans against a new bigger badder supah pred.
Already done, already hated by the fans.

How does it borrow the story from Predators ?

I'm a fan. Have been for a long time. I don't hate it.

Friendly classic preds pussies helping humans against a new bigger badder supah pred.

There was nothing super and better about the Preds in PS really. They were just a different ethnicity/sub species.

I can see what your getting at though but that is the only similar element. It's not the story either it's an event in the story. So TP and PS having the same story is really a sound critique. It's up to you what you like though so I'm not gonna argue with you about it.

OWLF

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Apr 19, 2017, 02:50:28 PM
I haven't read much of this thread as i don't want to get spoiled too much, but, could somebody tell me how many Predators are in the script for this movie?

And i read something about good Predators... like, good in the sense of a team up out of necessity (like in Predators, which i thought was OK for that instance) or like really "good spirited" ones?

Spoiler
As far as I know from the script, there seems to be a so called "Cold War" between the different Predator types, (Classic preds vs Super hybrid enhanced preds) The Classic preds seem to have sided with humans in the fight against the Hybrid 10 foot predators.
[close]

SpeedyMaxx

The Predators are not "good spirited" in any iteration in this movie. They still have no qualms about killing any 'innocent' humans who are in their way.
Spoiler
OWLF is correct: Any team-up is out of necessity.
[close]

goose_3387

Quote from: OWLF on Apr 19, 2017, 03:20:16 PM

Spoiler
As far as I know from the script, there seems to be a so called "Cold War" between the different Predator types, (Classic preds vs Super hybrid enhanced preds) The Classic preds seem to have sided with humans in the fight against the Hybrid 10 foot predators.
[close]

I hate this idea; mainly because like what we saw in Predators, when you try and make bigger and badder Preds than the original, it's more than likely going to fail badly. The aim should always be to equal what we see in the original, not set out to better it from the off.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: greygoose on Apr 19, 2017, 05:32:45 PM

Spoiler
[close]

I hate this idea; mainly because like what we saw in Predators, when you try and make bigger and badder Preds than the original, it's more than likely going to fail badly. The aim should always be to equal what we see in the original, not set out to better it from the off.
But take Robert Rodriguez and put him against Shane Black filming a Predator movie and tell me who will win...I take Black all day and think this movie is gonna surprise some franchise fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedyMaxx

Spoiler
[close]

They're not setting out to 'better' it. The new breed are the 'bad guys' to be destroyed. The classic Predators are grayer characters but still badass.

OWLF

Must admit there are quite a few similarities between The Predator and Predators ( Merc Protagonist, Classic Preds vs. Super Hybrids, Pred dogs..) Heck, even the ending is similar, but I think Shane Black will do a much better job with the material at hand.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: OWLF on Apr 19, 2017, 06:19:47 PM
Must admit there are quite a few similarities between The Predator and Predators ( Merc Protagonist, Classic Preds vs. Super Hybrids, Pred dogs..) Heck, even the ending is similar, but I think Shane Black will do a much better job with the material at hand.

Whoever the director is, seeing another supah pred owning a classic pred in 5 sec will suck and ruin the whole movie.

SpeedyMaxx

goose_3387

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 19, 2017, 05:44:30 PM

Spoiler
[close]

They're not setting out to 'better' it. The new breed are the 'bad guys' to be destroyed. The classic Predators are grayer characters but still badass.

All types of Preds should be the bad guy.

AVP and Predators ran with the whole 'enemy of my enemy is my friend' theme and it divided the fans.

I'm still hoping Shane can deliver with this movie. Rodriguez failed with his bullshit execution.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 19, 2017, 03:49:07 PM
The Predators are not "good spirited" in any iteration in this movie. They still have no qualms about killing any 'innocent' humans who are in their way.
Spoiler
OWLF is correct: Any team-up is out of necessity.
[close]

I like this, it keeps to the idea that they have a very alien mindset and "morality" (if we can even call them that lol.)

Just because the "good" ones
Spoiler
get help from our government and are shielded doesn't mean it keeps us safe as a whole.
[close]

echobbase79

Quote from: greygoose on Apr 19, 2017, 06:49:08 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 19, 2017, 05:44:30 PM

Spoiler
[close]

All types of Preds should be the bad guy.

AVP and Predators ran with the whole 'enemy of my enemy is my friend' theme and it divided the fans.

I'm still hoping Shane can deliver with this movie. Rodriguez failed with his bullshit execution.

Why do people blame Rodriguez? Yeah, it was his story, but wouldn't it be Antal bullshit execution?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed