Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers*

Started by goose_3387, Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM

Author
Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers* (Read 155,474 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: salomonj on Jan 18, 2018, 03:15:12 PM
So I have yet to read the script but I notice the general consensus seems to be highly negative with many calling Black's script "shit". Black is one of my favorite writers and he's never written a bad script in my eyes, so I don't imagine he starts now with 'The Predator'. Is this script objectively terrible as a film or is it just pissing off hardcore Predator fans? I'm really just here to see a well made film and I'm not one to get autistic about the canon stuff.

I'd say more pissing off hardcore fans  :laugh: Personally i don't consider it a bad script at all, and i consider myself a hardcore fan, but like most scripts it has some flaws and some great stuff too. I saw really good ideas that can fit well in the predator universe, and others that can fit less, but in the end the execution will be crucial in the final product, just like for all movies.

Master

Master

I have more harsh approach towards this script. It has some Jurrasic Park 3-esque bad ideas, some Ps bad ideas (that were rightly thrown away) made even bigger and I don't buy this whole boy-wonder part. I know the script is old, I know test screenings gave us additional data and I know execution is crucial but I have bad feeling about this and can't shake it off.

BigDaddyJohn

And i totally understand your concern... Some stuff is definitely objectively worrying, i just hope that it will be at a small detail level in the final product.

OpenMaw

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 18, 2018, 01:28:48 PM
Yeah, then again i must agree with you entirely, damn  :laugh:. But before answering your question about my empathy for the pred in the upcoming movie, i need to know what you know from the script, so that i don't spoil you  ;)

I know what most other people know, the break down of the plot that was released. I haven't, as yet, been able to retrieve of a copy of the script though I have been actively searching for it as I get a kick out of seeing things evolve from script to screen. I'm not one to worry about spoilers as I am already too aware of the way films are made for that to effect my enjoyment one way or the other. Especially when we're talking early drafts that likely will be wildly different from the finished product.

So my knowledge and understanding of The Predator is probably just slightly above anyone who has read the plot break down, but I haven't seen the 'leaked' script itself. (Leaked scheaked, if it was leaked widely I would have seen it...)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 18, 2018, 05:45:55 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 18, 2018, 01:28:48 PM
Yeah, then again i must agree with you entirely, damn  :laugh:. But before answering your question about my empathy for the pred in the upcoming movie, i need to know what you know from the script, so that i don't spoil you  ;)

I know what most other people know, the break down of the plot that was released. I haven't, as yet, been able to retrieve of a copy of the script though I have been actively searching for it as I get a kick out of seeing things evolve from script to screen. I'm not one to worry about spoilers as I am already too aware of the way films are made for that to effect my enjoyment one way or the other. Especially when we're talking early drafts that likely will be wildly different from the finished product.

So my knowledge and understanding of The Predator is probably just slightly above anyone who has read the plot break down, but I haven't seen the 'leaked' script itself. (Leaked scheaked, if it was leaked widely I would have seen it...)

Okay, i'll use spoiler tags for those who may not be aware of stuff in the script,
Spoiler
and i can say that my empathy towards the lone pred that crashes in the beginning is, i guess, kinda "romantic". I explain ; the fact that he is stripped of his equipment and have to get it back gave him a little more depth than the classical hunting predator for me, and the fact that he works his way out of captivity like a badass helps me like him more, since we know the people who capture him are bastards  :laugh:. And finally, his demise gave him a more emotional dimension for me...
[close]
But you're right, a lot of what motivates this empathy matches with what you said in your post  ;)

prettyokayusername

So has anyone been able to get a description of what the new Predator from the beginning of the film looks like?

black

Quote from: prettyokayusername on Jan 20, 2018, 08:18:53 PM
So has anyone been able to get a description of what the new Predator from the beginning of the film looks like?
There is no detailed description in the script. It's hard to say something about it.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: prettyokayusername on Jan 20, 2018, 08:18:53 PM

The only thing we can say is that people from the test screening said his design was fantastic, without giving more details  ;)

Master

But consensus was the movie is crap though, right?

happypred

Really hope not...but it is what it is

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Master on Jan 21, 2018, 03:29:10 PM
But consensus was the movie is crap though, right?

It seems that the audience was divided to say the least, i don't know if there was a majority of people that didn't like it, but it's safe to say that there were more than a few yes

Whos_Nick

There was only 1 test screening and maybe 3 or 4 reactions that actually got out... not a big consensus to gauge

Master

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Jan 21, 2018, 07:42:40 PM
There was only 1 test screening and maybe 3 or 4 reactions that actually got out... not a big consensus to gauge

Terrible script(I know, I know very old, got it) and bad reactions from test screenings (I know, I know only 3 or 4 without any positive, got it), it's a hit in progress. No doubt about that...

Whos_Nick

A test screening 9 months from release with no finished vfx and not close to final edit and composition but continue the hate

Master

Oh yes, I forgot vfx and edit can change horrid script.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed