Shapeshifting Aliens?

Started by berecet, Dec 26, 2016, 12:51:04 AM

Author
Shapeshifting Aliens? (Read 918 times)

berecet

berecet

Gotta preface my comments by saying that it's been a dozen of years since I watched the Alien movies, and frankly (plz don't stone me^^) I don't care much for the Xenomorphs. Got sucked in cuz of Prometheus and its interesting creationist plot. But the execution was rather underwhelming. So I'm hoping A:C delivers some answers which I kinda feel I'm inclined to. But I digress...

I did roam the net a little over the last couple of days and found this (not a recent drop!): http://www.joblo.com/scripts/Alien-Engineers-ORIGINAL-PROMETHEUS-SCRIPT.pdf
I'm not an Alien-Expert at all, so I don't know if this is indeed a Spaihts' draft for Prometheus or a mere fan fiction.  or mere fan fiction. But I think there's one interesting aspect apart from the the rest of the rather crappy script.

On page 87 it says: "A wet splatter behind them: they spin. But it's only a trickle of condensate from a drainpipe. They move on. Behind them, from an eight-inch diameter pipe, a WHITE MASS oozes, almost gelatinous. Silently as a liquid it pours itself into the stagnant water - and stands up. It is a humanoid demon, spindly limbs and bony back. Boneless and flexible and monstrously strong. A threshing eel's tail. Its blunt head dolphin-like and elongated. It opens its mouth. A pair of bony jaws jut out impossibly far, hungry and demonic. The Alien strikes. Card is gutted in an instant, torn up like a paper doll. He screams hideously and drops. The Alien, whiplash fast, shoots away into the darkness."

Description reads like a full grown Neomorph. Maybe the Xenomorphs have a similar ability. Meaning: They can practically shape shift - into black goo and vice versa.

That brings me to this report on 4chan which has already been discussed in this forum: http://theactionelite.com/2016/12/spoilery-details-on-alien-covenant/
Maybe somebody is bullshitting here. But I think it's at least interesting. According to that report the Aliens are alledgedly capable of some kind of trick that favors them moving around (in narrow space?): "We also find out a few new tricks that the xenos can do, which explains how they get around the ships so easily in the other films. Not going to spoil it, but the bio-mechanical appearance isn't just appearance any more. I think this one will divide Alien fans but I mostly liked it."

What do you think?

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

stopped reading after "frankly I dont care about xenomorphs"

Nightlord

Nightlord

It's an interesting idea, but pulling it off visually is another story.
Even though the general idea is that they've always just been really flexible, I wouldn't mind another explanation for how they get around.

nanison

nanison

Flexible  ;D It took the original Alien minutes to get out of his sticky situation in the climax where Ripley blasted him into space. In fact it looked slow the entire film which I loved.

Yes I realize because it's a man in a suit...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

If I remember rightly, David Twohy's Alien 3 script had a similar concept. And I think they'd been experimenting with tinkering with the Alien's genetics too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed