Story Arc - Prometheus trilogy to Alien (1979)

Started by Backburster, Dec 22, 2016, 10:29:42 PM

Author
Story Arc - Prometheus trilogy to Alien (1979) (Read 3,244 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 23, 2016, 02:07:48 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 23, 2016, 01:57:58 PM
I wonder how much of it's already been written.

You don't know that Hicks? Cannot believe it :) Being serious, it's very likely that they have idea(s) or even drafts regarding Covenant prequels. They plan in advance. They have to.

;) My knowledge is limited unfortunately. I'm curious about all the plans they had in place. Before Lindelof, Spaihts and Ridley had some plans for an Alien sequel, then comes along Lindelof and Prometheus and apparently they'd had some chats about sequels and then we get the about-turn back into Alien which is the first in an apparent new trilogy. Just curious as to how well all were planned out.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 23, 2016, 06:55:50 PM

You don't know that Hicks? Cannot believe it :) Being serious, it's very likely that they have idea(s) or even drafts regarding Covenant prequels. They plan in advance. They have to.

;) My knowledge is limited unfortunately. I'm curious about all the plans they had in place. Before Lindelof, Spaihts and Ridley had some plans for an Alien sequel, then comes along Lindelof and Prometheus and apparently they'd had some chats about sequels and then we get the about-turn back into Alien which is the first in an apparent new trilogy. Just curious as to how well all were planned out.

Whatever you say. ;)

BishopShouldGo

I'm assuming it's all very well planned out. They announced Covenant as the start of a trilogy, so I'm guessing the basic framework is mapped out. I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Green and John Logan helped Ridley outline the next two movies.

Ingwar

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 23, 2016, 07:15:13 PM
I'm assuming it's all very well planned out. They announced Covenant as the start of a trilogy, so I'm guessing the basic framework is mapped out. I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Green and John Logan helped Ridley outline the next two movies.

If Covenant succeed I hope Green and Logan will continue their work on sequels. I don't like when they change writers like socks. For that reason I like what Ridley as a produced did with Blade Runner 2049. He hired Hampton Fancher again.

Corporal Hicks

I think we ought to see what Covenant turns out like first.  :laugh:

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 23, 2016, 07:25:21 PM
I think we ought to see what Covenant turns out like first.  :laugh:

It's going to be much better than Prometheus. There is no other option.

thexenomorph

If Covenant is nearly as good as Prometheus, I'll be happy!

Ingwar

Quote from: thexenomorph on Dec 23, 2016, 07:54:53 PM

Come on! It has to be better.

lv_226

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 23, 2016, 08:25:20 PM
Quote from: thexenomorph on Dec 23, 2016, 07:54:53 PM

Come on! It has to be better.
Well, that is certainly one way to rile up the natives..

Corporal Hicks

It's gonna be more cohesive, I reckon.

skhellter

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 23, 2016, 06:55:50 PM

John Logan is probably the main writer in the drivers seat at the moment.

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

During interviews in 2012 when Ridley was asked about sequels, he said he had 2 planned (if Fox would allow for them). Basically Prometheus 2 was going to be about Shaw + David... then Prometheus 3 would delve into the creation of the Xeno we know today and would tie back into Alien.

Corporal Hicks

That's all changed now. It feels like Covenant is a retry at Prometheus and Daniels is Shaw's replacement.

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 23, 2016, 09:38:30 PM
That's all changed now. It feels like Covenant is a retry at Prometheus and Daniels is Shaw's replacement.

I like Noomi Rapace (great actress) but her character was annoying as hell ("Because that's what I choose to believe" and so on). Daniels seems bad-ass. Why just have to wait for the final result.

Corporal Hicks

I couldn't stand Shaw. I really couldn't. Hopefully Daniels will be better! And better than the likes of Lex and lady from AvPR's who name I can't remember. Kelly?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed