Story Arc - Prometheus trilogy to Alien (1979)

Started by Backburster, Dec 22, 2016, 10:29:42 PM

Author
Story Arc - Prometheus trilogy to Alien (1979) (Read 3,245 times)

426Buddy

Yeah i didnt outright hate her character but I didn't like her either. That line "its what I choose to believe" was terrible.

Corporal Hicks

I found her whole faith arc to be really horrendous. I just couldn't get on with it.

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 23, 2016, 09:45:06 PM
I couldn't stand Shaw. I really couldn't. Hopefully Daniels will be better! And better than the likes of Lex and lady from AvPR's who name I can't remember. Kelly?

I'm an atheist but I don't mind religious stuff. It can be fascinating on philosophical level but when main character in Alien universe, who is scientist (archaeologist) believes in God at the end of 21st century ... it's just childish. I cannot buy that.

BonesawT101

Same. Plus, they should have went with her natural accent. Would have sounded much better. Same with Millburn 'biology'. That was awful. Every scene he was in his accent sounded like he was from a different state.

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

how am i like the only person on this forum who really liked Shaw and absolutely LOVED Prometheus?

Im a Buddhist, but agnostic... i adored the message Prometheus posed. If you met your maker, and it was NOT "god", would you still keep your faith even if that faith was proven 100% wrong?

BonesawT101

I liked Prometheus too man, a lot. I just have a few issues with it. The performances being one. No film is perfect and I still really like the film.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Dec 23, 2016, 10:09:37 PM
I liked Prometheus too man, a lot. I just have a few issues with it. The performances being one. No film is perfect and I still really like the film.

I like it too but it's very uneven movie. There are amazing moments and some mediocre stuff. A:C will fix that.

Quote from: DorkiDori on Dec 23, 2016, 09:56:30 PM
how am i like the only person on this forum who really liked Shaw and absolutely LOVED Prometheus?

Im a Buddhist, but agnostic... i adored the message Prometheus posed. If you met your maker, and it was NOT "god", would you still keep your faith even if that faith was proven 100% wrong?

No. It's irrational. Sorry mate :).

thexenomorph

Quote from: DorkiDori on Dec 23, 2016, 09:56:30 PM

I'm an agnostic Buddhist and I also loved Prometheus!! I hope the "Meet the creators" theme continues in ether this or a sequel!

BishopShouldGo

Yeah, Prometheus was amazing. I hope Covenant can scratch my Engineer itch.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed