Possible Trailer Description?

Started by Darkoo, Dec 01, 2016, 07:45:45 PM

Author
Possible Trailer Description? (Read 44,759 times)

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 16, 2016, 08:23:44 AM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 16, 2016, 12:02:09 AM
Lol. Covenant is probably so far away from anything Spaihts and Scott talked about. After they talked about trilogy plans, Scott then talked with Lindelof. Then Paglen wrote the movie, then Green rewrote, then Logan...

Shaw was likely the main character, for one...

I reckon they'll have actually returned to more of Spaihts' original concepts with this about-turn back to Alien. We've already got Spaihts' proto-Aliens (Neomorphs) back. I think it's more likely Covenant will be far away from anything Scott and Lindelof talked about.

True. I imagine Lindelof's idea was full of Shaw and engineers exclusively. With a chronicles of riddick vibe.

D88M

D88M

Quote from: lv_226 on Dec 16, 2016, 02:58:12 PM
Quote from: Himmelblau on Dec 16, 2016, 02:46:31 PM
Quote from: lv_226 on Dec 16, 2016, 02:33:27 PM
PERSONAL LOG: DAY [Lost Count]:

I remain hopeful that the trailer may arrive any moment now. The lingering sense of anticipation is the only thing that keeps me going on at this point. With every new announcement I remain balanced, amidst a growing sense of excitement that now borders on resentment. Dear God, why must they keep us waiting this long? Why?!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3hZpe3H6bc
Cannot.Take.The.Hype.

I enjoyed the video, however. I agree with his attitude toward Prometheus—it's nowhere near the atrocity some make it out to be. 

Prometheus is a good movie, some people just confuse not understanding something to that something being bad, tought it would be nice to see the deleted scenes IN the film, still it is perfectly coherent and logical, sorry for the people who did not understood it

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: D88M on Dec 16, 2016, 09:35:35 PM

I remain hopeful that the trailer may arrive any moment now. The lingering sense of anticipation is the only thing that keeps me going on at this point. With every new announcement I remain balanced, amidst a growing sense of excitement that now borders on resentment. Dear God, why must they keep us waiting this long? Why?!!!!
Cannot.Take.The.Hype.

I enjoyed the video, however. I agree with his attitude toward Prometheus—it's nowhere near the atrocity some make it out to be. 

Prometheus is a good movie, some people just confuse not understanding something to that something being bad, tought it would be nice to see the deleted scenes IN the film, still it is perfectly coherent and logical, sorry for the people who did not understood it

Really?  ::)

lv_226

lv_226

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 16, 2016, 09:48:51 PM

Cannot.Take.The.Hype.

I am not speaking for D88M, but IMO Prometheus isn't the abomination a lot of people here on this forum make it out to be. In fact, that opinion isn't wide-spread outside of internet soundboards. One of my co-workers, who isn't an Alien fanboy, said that "you didn't really need to know Alien to enjoy Prometheus" and I think that was part of the motivation for making the movie in the first place. My mother, who got us into Alien and Aliens, really liked Prometheus as well, and so did a lot of my friends and acquaintances who aren't uber die-hards with regard to this franchise. I always contend that if another version for an Alien prequel should have been made instead of Prometheus prior to Spaiths' pitch to Ridley Scott, Fox, and other members of the production committee then it would have been made. There was no incentive, prior to the failed Alien 5 idea between Scott and Cameron, to make an Alien prequel up until Prometheus was conceived. A better idea could have existed, but it was not bankable. As much as I hate it, being something of a purist, movies are made for a lot of different reasons—money being a huge one. Prometheus was worth putting a shit-load of money and talent behind and it was the best outcome after the horrible AVP movies. Now, is it perfect? Is it at times logical? I hate to say this, but there are a few things that irk the shit out of me upon re-watching the film. However, is it an incompetent mess? I argue no. I just wish that the pacing we got would be more evenly spaced out so as to include a little better character development, that's it.

Without it, we wouldn't be getting Covenant and by the sounds of it, this is a good thing. 

Xenorgue

Xenorgue

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 16, 2016, 09:48:51 PM

Cannot.Take.The.Hype.

I loved Prometheus and I totally agree with you !

All the inconsistencies I hear about prometheus were not. The one that irritates me most is the fact that Fifield gets lost in the cave while he mapped it ... But the card is not on him, it appears on the prometheus. In any case he does not have the map. Hence the fact that it is lost

Or people wondering why shaw and vickers do not deviate from the crushing vaisel. Easy to criticize when you have an omniscient view of the action. They are not pursued by a bicycle wheel but by a huge machine of at least 100 of circumference and their combinations coupled with stress prevent them from assessing the situation.

Prometheus is unfortunately a film very underestimated. Yes he has some weakness of writing but no he does not deserve this hatred.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

First the love for the Star Wars prequels and now the love for Prometheus? I could give you all hugs!

SiL

SiL

QuoteThe one that irritates me most is the fact that Fifield gets lost in the cave while he mapped it ... But the card is not on him, it appears on the prometheus. In any case he does not have the map. Hence the fact that it is lost
He's the one giving directions to the team, reading the information off his wrist. He had a map.

Necronomicon II

^ Co-ordinates, "Pups say this way".

szkoki

szkoki

Prometheus is the shallow remake of Alien....hence the who created us question and cool religious metaphors.
It fell between two chairs and became a mess in my opinion or i dunno who you guys say it in english. It was intended to be an Alien movie by Fox and an origin story by Ridley. But no excuse for the dumb characters in it.

Why the guy who has the map get lost?
Why do you want to pet a space cobra ...or any cobra if you are not Golic?
Why do you run away from a falling object in a straight line?
Why do you take off your helmet in an alien planet?
Why do you sacrafice yourselfs happily with your captain?
Why hide Weyland?
How Shaw runs around after a surgery?

So many times the movie got me out of the mood with these dumb things.

what was indeed cool about it for me:

- Sets
- Soundtrack
- Actors in general
- Fassbender especially

But back on topic. I think(hope) the trailer hits during x-mas or new years eve..

Xenorgue

Xenorgue

Quote from: SiL on Dec 17, 2016, 04:54:47 AM
QuoteThe one that irritates me most is the fact that Fifield gets lost in the cave while he mapped it ... But the card is not on him, it appears on the prometheus. In any case he does not have the map. Hence the fact that it is lost
He's the one giving directions to the team, reading the information off his wrist. He had a map.

Fifield does not have the map !!!! There's nothing on his wrist. Stop telling stupid things! The plan of the temple appears in the Prometheus ship and not on the handle. One should look at prometheus with a little more attention.

Quote from: szkoki on Dec 17, 2016, 08:47:10 AM
Prometheus is the shallow remake of Alien....hence the who created us question and cool religious metaphors.
It fell between two chairs and became a mess in my opinion or i dunno who you guys say it in english. It was intended to be an Alien movie by Fox and an origin story by Ridley. But no excuse for the dumb characters in it.

Why the guy who has the map get lost?
Why do you want to pet a space cobra ...or any cobra if you are not Golic?
Why do you run away from a falling object in a straight line?
Why do you take off your helmet in an alien planet?
Why do you sacrafice yourselfs happily with your captain?
Why hide Weyland?
How Shaw runs around after a surgery?

So many times the movie got me out of the mood with these dumb things.

what was indeed cool about it for me:

- Sets
- Soundtrack
- Actors in general
- Fassbender especially

But back on topic. I think(hope) the trailer hits during x-mas or new years eve..

I have already answered why she was running in a straight line. They do not get sued by a bicycle wheel but by a huge machine. Their close combinations do not allow them to properly assess the stress situation and you have a maximum panic.

About milburn, easy to denigrate its reaction. But the character may not know that he plays in a horror film and that the creature in front is a recombinant creature capable of twisting arms and possessing acid blood ... Milburn is just fascinated by this thing, he Just approached a little closer. But stop saying he had fun, to believe you he put his head next to him and made a selfie.

If he hides weyland may have been by what the gentleman and thought to be dead. And he did not want the crew to ask too much. The mission was supposed to be less serious for lack of tangible evidence. Better to hide in case.

szkoki

szkoki

Thats why im afraid of Covenant....bc of Ridley.

He took out the scene where Milburn finds the little worms first....his death would make a little more sense.
He took out the scene of Janek and Vickers ...which would make Janek's sacrafice much more okayish.

Everyone makes mistakes but im just wondering why such thing as character development meant nothing to Ridley in Prometheus for some of his characters.

Fingers crossed for Covenant.

nanison

nanison

I have seen the trailer! It's not  a Bowie song but a Mark Kozelek cover of an AC/DC song.
The trailer is a dream come true, looks epic and suspenseful. The shower scene is going to be a true classic.

Just kidding I haven't seen it

lv_226

lv_226

Quote from: nanison on Dec 17, 2016, 03:20:30 PM
I have seen the trailer! It's not  a Bowie song but a Mark Kozelek cover of an AC/DC song.
The trailer is a dream come true, looks epic and suspenseful. The shower scene is going to be a true classic.
>:(

Just kidding I haven't seen it

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Bworko on Dec 17, 2016, 09:50:14 AM
Fifield does not have the map !!!! There's nothing on his wrist. Stop telling stupid things! The plan of the temple appears in the Prometheus ship and not on the handle. One should look at prometheus with a little more attention.

He could have asked Janek for directions !!!! Stop telling stupid things! You should look at prometheus with a little more attention.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

I love Prometheus, but the one that gets me is that Milburn (a biologist) is terrified of a 2000 year-old dead alien body, but totally in love with a living alien in an obviously threatening posture. It just don't jive.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed