Possible Trailer Description?

Started by Darkoo, Dec 01, 2016, 07:45:45 PM

Author
Possible Trailer Description? (Read 44,850 times)

Scorpio

Scorpio

The original Alien was supposed to have nudity and even a sex scene was in the script.  Unfortunately this all got vetoed by the higher ups, probably not to offend Catholic countries.  :P  They should have maybe inserted a cross over the offending bits..

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Ugh!! No one yet knows the set up of the scene it may or may not be explicit.. Sigh already the negativity campaign has started. ::)

Quote from: Ephemer Nine on Dec 02, 2016, 05:43:55 PM
I think it's absurdly safe to assume it's fake...

...even though this is scaring me:

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 02, 2016, 12:50:00 PM
I've spoken to some folk and it looks like there is indeed a shower scene in the film as described. This maybe legit.

Corporal, could you elaborate? Does it really resemble this report?  :(

Yes please. 8)

Bughunter S. Thomson

The shower scene doesn't bother me. You are naked, at your most vulnerable. I think that was part of the reason Ripley gets undressed down to her underwear in the Narcissus before the final showdown.

What bothers me is a mix of Alien and Prometheus footage. Ridley didn't do the best job of keeping the visuals consistent between the two which was one of my many gripes. The contrast might be jarring.

Unless by 'lots of scenes from either Prometheus and/or Alien' he means carbon copies with different characters. Either way, doesn't sound great. If any of this is legit. He's very vague.

Scorpio

Scorpio

If there's archive footage in the trailer, it could be like the Revenge of the Sith teaser:

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 02, 2016, 06:48:45 PM
If there's archive footage in the trailer, it could be like the Revenge of the Sith teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKZMI5tYq3s
I'm thinking that's what it is in regards to Prometheus, but I think the person is confusing Alien with Covenant scenes!!

motherfather

motherfather

I get that some of our/my views can seem knee-jerk, Im very liberal generally, its not the t&a that bothers me per se. Its rather that it will be in the movie and have undue focus, or too much camera time for very little plot payoff, or be out of place, while other perhaps more pressing and important aspects are not captured by the camera lens.

This should be a film that deserves greatness. Not cheap tricks that would be more fitting in a high school slasher "I know what you did last summer travelling to your final destination of Scream"

I also worry about who the target audience is supposed to be at this very early stage in marketing when already the t&a starts. Neanderthals? Funny they don't show someone on the john if they want to shock and catch someone in a vulnerable moment. Nope thats always skipped over completely in favor of good ole reliable sexy shower scene.

What exactly did Charlize Theron doing press ups in underwear add to Prometheus? Her character was a complete waste of space in my eyes. Its also dangerous to be doing exercises on a wet SLIPPERY floor. Especially after you have just awoken from cryosleep and shouldnt be attempting any extreme movements until you have served yourself from the vending-machine that advises you to drink lots of fluids and consume protein presumably to also counteract the vomiting.

The only other shower scene in scifi I can think of was the Xfiles episode about the soon to be man-sized flukeworm that was coughed up by the host as he was taking a shower. That scene was probably about 30 seconds tops and allowed the worm to squidge off into the sewer network.

As for the montage of Alien/Prometheus clips. Completely unimaginative.

Bughunter S. Thomson

I'm thinking it won't be too dissimilar from Clemens death through the plastic curtain in Alien 3.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: motherfather on Dec 02, 2016, 06:53:39 PM

What exactly did Charlize Theron doing press ups in underwear add to Prometheus?

Showing the character in intimate moments gets the audience to identify with them more.  Otherwise she's just a cold bitch standing in the background.  I didn't think her character was much, personally, but that was her best scene in the movie IMO.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Its impossible to show Alien clips if the movies events haven't happened yet!!! Something is off about this churls description!!

Bughunter S. Thomson

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 02, 2016, 06:59:41 PM

What exactly did Charlize Theron doing press ups in underwear add to Prometheus?

Showing the character in intimate moments gets the audience to identify with them more.  Otherwise she's just a cold bitch standing in the background.  I didn't think her character was much, personally, but that was her best scene in the movie IMO.

That whole bit was laughable. When the characters in the movie think she might be an android because she has all the emotional depth of a banana, you know you've got a stinker.

Ingwar

Ingwar

What exactly did Charlize Theron doing press ups in underwear add to Prometheus? Her character was a complete waste of space in my eyes.

She was doing push-ups to stretch her muscles after the cryosleep. That's why she was dressed in underwear.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Bughunter S. Thomson on Dec 02, 2016, 07:03:41 PM
Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 02, 2016, 06:59:41 PM

That whole bit was laughable. When the characters in the movie think she might be an android because she has all the emotional depth of a banana, you know you've got a stinker.

Didn't Ridley Scott mention something about being "possibly two" androids?

Lonely Universe

Hey man, some of my best friends are bananas.

I don't think a shower scene is going to kill the franchise if it survived AvPR. We'll just have to see how it goes down.

I can say that I thought the sex in Prometheus was stupid as F, especially when it comes to Janek & Vickers. Luckily it was off screen but seriously, no one should be f**king in a situation like that. No one should be drinking, smoking, f**king, antagonizing, arguing, or doing most of the unprofessional stuff they were doing on that ship. Frickin' ridiculous that a trillion dollar mission in space would be allowed to go down like that. The clearly imbalanced guy they hired even smuggled weed on board, & then stuffed it in his f'kng respirator.

Doobies! In space! Arrrgh!!!

Bughunter S. Thomson

Quote from: Lonely Universe on Dec 02, 2016, 07:28:32 PM
Hey man, some of my best friends are bananas.

I don't think a shower scene is going to kill the franchise if it survived AvPR. We'll just have to see how it goes down.

I can say that I thought the sex in Prometheus was stupid as F, especially when it comes to Janek & Vickers. Luckily it was off screen but seriously, no one should be f**king in a situation like that. No one should be drinking, smoking, f**king, antagonizing, arguing, or doing most of the unprofessional stuff they were doing on that ship. Frickin' ridiculous that a trillion dollar mission in space would be allowed to go down like that. The clearly imbalanced guy they hired even smuggled weed on board, & then stuffed it in his f'kng respirator.

Doobies! In space! Arrrgh!!!

You're just jealous that you couldn't get high af, have sex with Vickers and then kamikaze into an alien ship based on very little info.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Lonely Universe on Dec 02, 2016, 07:28:32 PM
I can say that I thought the sex in Prometheus was stupid as F, especially when it comes to Janek & Vickers.

Stupid? If I was Janek I would f*ck Vickers :). Don't see a problem about that. He couldn't just keep observing pyramid scan 24/7.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed