Remember When The Aliens Had A Home World?

Started by XenoZipper, Sep 04, 2016, 05:05:35 PM

Author
Remember When The Aliens Had A Home World? (Read 2,488 times)

XenoZipper

Personally, I always preferred this kind of idea over the Aliens just being a biological warfare type deal that were created by the engineers. Them having natural enemies on their home world I find a lot more interesting and seems more plausible to me that they were taken off their home world rather than created. These pages are from the comic "Aliens:Theory of Alien Propagation"

Ultramorph

I do miss the hive-world from the original comics! It wold be fun to go back in some new comics.

XenoZipper

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 04, 2016, 05:08:30 PM
I do miss the hive-world from the original comics! It wold be fun to go back in some new comics.

I agree. This is the kind of stuff I've been wanting to come back to the comics for a long time now. I don't have a high level of interest in the human characters at all in the stories as I'm not super huge for humans in general so it's always been the Alien I've been attracted to and how it lives, it's physiology, all that stuff. Makes them far more interesting then the mindless beasts they get portrayed as these days. I feel the same about how Dark Horse dealt with the Engineers (or as I prefer, Space Jockeys) back in the day too where they actually were really alien & weird looking. I'm not a fan at all on how they're portrayed in Prometheus & the comics that have come since. To me it just seemed like Ridley went off & read Chariots of the Gods & decided to base the Space Jockeys off the Annunaki from that. Even borrowing the same story of the Annunaki being our creators. Just bleh to me. I want them to be bizarre aliens again.

Nostromo

Nostromo

My problem with that concept is they are portrayed too much like mindless bugs with no character..like ants or bees. I prefer the smart deadly solo wasp resemblance.

XenoZipper

They kinda have been for a while though. Even in Aliens they have that conversation about them relating them to Ants, the comic Hive deals with the same thing. Still better than them being engineered in my opinion anyway. I'll never like that concept.

RakaiThwei

I think the Hiveworld was more or less implied to be a world which was either created for the Xenomorphs by the Space Jockeys. Or that's what I remember hearing from other fans but yeah.. I liked this idea more than what we're getting now.

SM

When was that implied?

The comic above as well as the Book One comics implied the Aliens were naturally occurring and had natural predators on their homeworld.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Sep 04, 2016, 11:08:05 PM
When was that implied?

The comic above as well as the Book One comics implied the Aliens were naturally occurring and had natural predators on their homeworld.
I can't recall anything implying what Raka is saying, but the novelization of 'Genocide' goes out of its way to point out that the "homeworld" may not actually be a homeworld, and that the Aliens may in fact might not even have a homeworld at all.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 05, 2016, 12:13:26 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 04, 2016, 11:08:05 PM
When was that implied?

I can't recall anything implying what Raka is saying, but the novelization of 'Genocide' goes out of its way to point out that the "homeworld" may not actually be a homeworld, and that the Aliens may in fact might not even have a homeworld at all.

Yeah, I recall this as well (the book, not what Rakai is saying) I think Genocide kind of implies that a hiveworld is what happens when Aliens overrun a world completely. That was a good book!

Local Trouble

The aliens could theoretically be introduced into an ecosystem without destroying it if a large number of species turn out to be unsuitable as hosts for their young.  Take Earth for example: anything smaller than a cat would probably not be large enough for embryo implantation.  That leaves millions of species of flora and fauna that could co-exist with the alien in relative harmony.

Xenomania

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 05, 2016, 01:07:11 AM
The aliens could theoretically be introduced into an ecosystem without destroying it if a large number of species turn out to be unsuitable as hosts for their young.  Take Earth for example: anything smaller than a cat would probably not be large enough for embryo implantation.  That leaves millions of species of flora and fauna that could co-exist with the alien in relative harmony.
I guess the question is, do the aliens need to eat?

I kinda dislike the idea that Aliens have natural predators on some homeworld or that they exist in equilibrium with their surrounding enviroment.

If they have a homeworld/natural origin of some kind I'd prefer if they were much less dangerous originally (protomorphs?), until the jockeys/engineers discovered them and started experimenting.

TBH, this is one of the reasons why I dislike Prometheus and the idea of Alien prequels. Kinda takes away the mystery and speculation. :P

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Xenomania on Sep 05, 2016, 01:14:38 AM
TBH, this is one of the reasons why I dislike Prometheus and the idea of Alien prequels. Kinda takes away the mystery and speculation. :P

I get the feeling Alien Covenant will bring in more mystery than we can handle...or more than what we've seen before. I say give it a chance, I don't think everyone at Fox and Ridley Scott will make a crapbomb of a movie with so much on the line this time.

Now here is a thought I just had and why I hate with a passion the idea of Aliens looking like their hosts. Not only do Aliens that don't look like the original Alien (minus the deacon, the ultramorph, the beluga alien, etc, those are awesome scary looking), look like total shyte, gimmicky resident evil total shit, but they can easily cause confusion and story discontinuity.

If you look at the first picture, it should be clear. How did those Aliens evolve into "human" Aliens when there are no humans on that planet? Or all the other Aliens in all those comics. I just wish these dumbass gorilla aliens, scorpions, crocodiles, etc would just be erased from the franchise forever. That is something Paul Anderson or the Strause bros. would create. These resident evil monster lookalikes would dilute the franchise...

Quote from: XenoZipper on Sep 04, 2016, 05:05:35 PM
These pages are from the comic "Aliens:Theory of Alien Propagation"

Ok enough about that, I'm kind of derailing there, thanks for putting those scans Xenozipper, I remember reading that for the first time and thinking damn, wish there was more to see and read. A series strictly with only Aliens and/or other aliens or their ecosystem would make for a nice comic/series.

Local Trouble

They have to get their mass from somewhere, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're carnivorous.

Xenomania

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 05, 2016, 01:55:44 AM

They have to get their mass from somewhere, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're carnivorous.
I'd have a hard time wrapping my head around them being herbivores though. :D In Alien 3 during the tunnel chase at the end, the alien spends a lot of time mauling Gregor (the guy who was with Morse) after killing him. Perhaps it was eating him?

XenoZipper

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 05, 2016, 01:38:47 AM
Quote from: XenoZipper on Sep 04, 2016, 05:05:35 PM
These pages are from the comic "Aliens:Theory of Alien Propagation"

Ok enough about that, kind of derailing there, thanks for putting those scans Xenozipper, I remember reading that for the first time and thinking damn, wish there was more to see and read. A series strictly with only Aliens and/or other aliens or their ecosystem would make for a nice comic/series.

Wasn't really derailing there. Was just letting people know where the pages came from in case anyone was wondering or hasn't read it that's all. I could deal with a series strictly on the aliens and others. Doesn't always need to be humans there for me personally. Text dialogue like how that comic went would work fine for me.

The aliens have been shown to eat pig before in the past so I can assume they do eat. Maybe they just don't need much to sustain themselves. We don't know how they work inside at all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed