The black lords ?

Started by Xenorgue, Jun 26, 2016, 10:24:45 PM

Author
The black lords ? (Read 1,042 times)

Xenorgue

Xenorgue

Hello people

In this old interview conducted by Valaquen, Ian Whyte actor who plays engineer responds to several question including one that aroused my curiosity. :

Valaquen : "The Engineer is a mysterious being. We don't know where he came from, and we have only the thinnest understanding of his mission. When you play such a creature do you formulate a backstory and attitude in your head ? Who, as far as you're concerned, is the Engineer ?"

Ian Whyte : "Someone on the crew, (I forget exactly who) described them absolutely perfectly as "Truck drivers of the apocalypse!" They serve a higher power/intelligence, unnamed and unknown."

My questions are: Who is this unknown power force who controlling the engineers ? Is this the creature from the movie Alien ? Will we see these creatures in the future?

This response confirms that engineers are just pawns of something bigger.

This answer is not trivial. What do you think ?

Link to the interview : https://alienseries.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/strange-shapes-interviews-ian-whyte/

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

You know if it is the Alien that rules the engineer; that could improve on the terror factor of the creature. Like myself, I know a lot of us prefer the evolutionary survivor route, perfect creature thing. However seeing the alien as a greater power than the engineers would be nuts. In fact it would make the creature perfect. Perhaps some aliens become what we see in the movies and others arise to godlike stature.

Seegson

Seegson

The Queen knows it well...

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Wasn't there a concept for the original Alien that had the lifecycle end with an advanced being, and the Alien we know (and love) was actually just the adolescent version, left without the guidance of the adults?

QuoteO'Bannon's original conception of the Alien race was not that of a deadly bioweapon. Instead they were an ancient, cultured, yet annihilated race. "The planetoid was now dead," O'Bannon explained, "and this civilisation had been gone for millions of years." This "unique race" sported a strange, apparently religion-based reproductive system that necessitated three sexual partners—two consensual, one sacrificial. The reproductive process was undertaken within pyramid structures.

Quote"In Dan's original conception the Alien race had three entirely different stages of its life-cycle," Ron Cobb explained when talking of the purpose of the pyramid. The Alien eggs are tended to "by the third stage adults and housed in a lower chamber of the breeding temple. When ready to hatch, the egg is placed in the middle of a sacrificial stone and a lower animal, the equivalent of an alien cow, is then led on to the stone. Sensing the warmth, the facehugger springs out, attaches itself to the animal and deposits a foetus into the stomach." At some point in the planetoid's history, a "cataclysm causes the extermination of the adults ... leaving no one to tend and nurture the young. But in a dark lower chamber of the breeding temple a large number of eggs lie dormant, waiting to sense something warm ..."
Both passages taken from Strange Shapes

It might be interesting to see that idea—or an expansion of it—explored here.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Ridley clearly imagines the alien as a bioweapon however with Prometheus he clearly is using a lot of concept material from alien. The sacrificial engineer may have been trying to resurrect their lost brethren the alien. Hell that engineer did look rather upset at weyland's "live forever" demand. However I don't think Scott is going down that road.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed