Shane Black Q&A at Empire Showing of Nice Guys

Started by HuDaFuK, May 19, 2016, 08:32:50 AM

Author
Shane Black Q&A at Empire Showing of Nice Guys (Read 5,944 times)

Shaeffer11

I really want to know which special effects company they'll be using...as an oldtimer I can remember like it was yesterday that summer when Predator came out and how blown away we were by it- I was in 9th grade and thankfully had parents that would bring me to the occasional R rated film...I have high hopes about this film

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I really wanted to ask, but like I said I think he'd said as much as he wanted to say about the new movie.

Corporal Hicks

Hopefully we'll get an opportunity to ask about that closer to production. I know Black said he wasn't going to focus on the miniature of the suits and stuff but we all know that's something we're gonna be really interested in hearing.  :laugh: Poor guy.

Shaeffer11

I wonder how the success of The Nice Guys affects his directing of The Predator? If it flops does that benefit our fandom in that it makes him go the extra yard with The Predator?

HuDaFuK

If it flops I don't think it will be the fault of the movie or Shane's writing/directing. It's getting great reviews and I've seen it and thought it was very good indeed.

If it flops it will probably be because it's an original, unknown product rather than a big-name franchise picture. That's not a problem The Predator will have.

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 19, 2016, 08:41:15 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 19, 2016, 08:32:50 AM
Oh yeah, Black also had an amusing little rant about Prometheus - safe to say he isn't a fan! Anyway, the whole thing was apparently recorded for Empire Podcast, so it'll probably crop up online before long if people want to listen. There were a few technical issues on the night, but I imagine they'll be able to use most of the interview.

Awesome. Hopefully that wont take too long to get posted. No worries about not getting the follow-ups in. I know where he's coming from but we just can't help ourselves. I wonder if that means he's going to be a tight-lipped from now on.

Quote from: ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR on May 19, 2016, 08:34:32 AM
Hey this is Mike I officially created this account, I like it a lot. Are we allowed to put custom Avatars I want to put one of the Badass Royce himself. Thanks

I've sent you an PM, Mike. I'll help you in message. And welcome to the club!  ;D
Hicks I was also wondering about using a custom avatar. Would be able to help me out too? Thanks!

Predator_Spirit

'50 preds riding motorcycles'  :laugh:

This happened in the abomination written by Rodriguez....

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on May 19, 2016, 05:49:12 PM

Hey! Comeon now! They were flying bikes!  :laugh:

RakaiThwei

Did you get to page 90 or page 92?

Especially with uh... golden shower scene?

Infected

Lets be honest, Prometheus was a beautiful princes compared to Iron Man 3.

What a f**knuts, im starting to slowly dislike this guy and his thoughts.

overthere

I haven't seen Iron Man 3, but Prometheus was horrible. From what I understand Iron Man 3 did a weird twist that fans didn't like, but Prometheus is horrible as a movie itself.

Infected

Quote from: overthere on May 19, 2016, 08:05:31 PM
I haven't seen Iron Man 3, but Prometheus was horrible. From what I understand Iron Man 3 did a weird twist that fans didn't like, but Prometheus is horrible as a movie itself.

Prometheus was a beautiful movie, not as an alien movie but as a stand alone movie it was beautiful and very entertaining.
Iron Man 3 is just overall bad as a movie, thats when you are a good director/producer you still make a good movie,
even if it doesnt fit the universe its supposed to be in, and thats what Ridley brought with Prometheus, and thats probably what Black doesnt have as a skillset, same as Rodriquez did with Predators, even if you didnt liked the concept etc he still delivered an entertaining movie.

overthere

I thought Prometheus was horrible. Characters made no sense, scientists who behaved nothing like scientists, taking off their helmets just because the air is breathable, poking an alien creature just for giggles, and that's just from the top of my head. It's just not a coherent movie.

I can't defend Iron Man 3 because I haven't seen it, but if it's just Mandarin that's bothering people, that's just a decision that people didn't like, but the overall coherence could be there.

Prometheus was not fun to me at all.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 19, 2016, 05:55:15 PM

Hey! Comeon now! They were flying bikes!  :laugh:

True :D

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 19, 2016, 07:44:12 PM

Did you get to page 90 or page 92?

Especially with uh... golden shower scene?

Yeah I've read that to the end, I also remember the human slaves traders making deals with preds using
a translater.

Infected

Quote from: overthere on May 19, 2016, 09:03:08 PM
I thought Prometheus was horrible. Characters made no sense, scientists who behaved nothing like scientists, taking off their helmets just because the air is breathable, poking an alien creature just for giggles, and that's just from the top of my head. It's just not a coherent movie.

I can't defend Iron Man 3 because I haven't seen it, but if it's just Mandarin that's bothering people, that's just a decision that people didn't like, but the overall coherence could be there.

Prometheus was not fun to me at all.
True, all that happened and didnt make sense.
But still it made for some good brain candy to me ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed