Alien: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 27, 2016, 11:07:57 AM

Author
Alien: Life and Death (Read 27,707 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

As much as I need to see NECA redo that figure, I'm not sure I'd welcome it into the literature world.  :laugh:

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

That's what the living mountain is: a xeno king's birthing pod.  :laugh:

Prez

Prez

Finding the Life and Death series so far (Predator and Prometheus #1) a good step up from Fire and Stone.

Looking forward to the Aliens chapter of this crossover.

Think Aliens Defiance has been brilliant so far - loving the artwork - some of the panels really captures the vibe and terror of the first film.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Prez72 on Jun 24, 2016, 10:59:58 AM
Finding the Life and Death series so far (Predator and Prometheus #1) a good step up from Fire and Stone.

Looking forward to the Aliens chapter of this crossover.

Think Aliens Defiance has been brilliant so far - loving the artwork - some of the panels really captures the vibe and terror of the first film.

That is good news. Really happy Dark Horse has finally got it's shit together with Aliens comics in the story and art departments. I spent some time the last few days trying to read all my 1990's Dark Horse Alien comics and 95% of them are total fkin crap. Except for Alien Berserker, Labyrinth & Nightmare Asylum & 1 or 2 more, I found the rest to be total nonsense. Man, who was overlooking this stuff back then?

Thank God it's 2016. Now if only someone could stop that uglay Sachin Aliens: Life and Death variant cover from happening? It's below 1990's quality. Seriously wtf is that thing, can someone tell him it seriously sucks?

I'm looking at all his variant covers and thinking this is not even close of a fit to the AVP universe. More suited for Manga or Barbie.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=sachin+aliens+cover&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi4p8-l8cDNAhXKaD4KHUPfCwcQ_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=615

426Buddy

426Buddy

I enjoy pretty much all the alien comics in some way or another, its a format I am very lenient with when it comes to story and art, I've just always loved them even since I was just a boy. I'm not really into any other comics, its always been Aliens/AvP/ and Predator for me, they just hit that sweet spot I guess.

I should add that I've yet to read colonial marines or deadliest of the species sooo.... I think i'm pretty lucky in that regard.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm a bit lenient when it comes to story because of the limited space but artwork...it's a visual format, it needs appropriate and talented visuals. I don't think the old ones are as bad as 95% terrible, they're mostly okay with a few gems, I think. Definitely some stinkers though.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I usually quite enjoy the many alien art styles, there are some that I can't really enjoy at all though like female war and Lovesick.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Previews World has a one-page preview of Aliens: L&D #1. Beware of spoilers for those who are intending to go in blind.
http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/977?articleID=180807&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Spoiler

So, in addition to Galgo (who seems to have gone bald), we know that Chris (one of the couple) is still alive. The brunette in the first panel may also be Angela.

Looking confirmed that we'll be seeing some weird xeno morphologies in this. I'll have to see more to decide how much I like the art, but I can see that DH has chosen artists with broadly similar styles so that transitions between series aren't as jarring. Having Rain Beredo coloring the whole thing helps, too.
[close]

426Buddy

426Buddy

Wow really really not feeling that art right now, hopefully when I see more Ill change my mind. So far at least... I would say the art of predators L&D has been the best of the run. I wish the art for the aliens arc wasn't so cartoony, can Plunkett please just do one more aliens series?

Tristan, Plunkett , or Beauvais please  ;D

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Great...more terribly drawn Aliens.  ::)

Nostromo

Nostromo

Art I can deal with up to a certain degree, but if the story is sh!t that's what makes me feel like going ape shits.

So 17 issues of Galgo wasn't enough now we're going for another 17? I really don't get Dark Horse... You'd think sometimes it's run by.......Galgo himself? I'm ready for another low IQ mediocre story...

Can they also hire Tristan Jones as the only Aliens artist? 30 years and they still don't get it. Anyhow, maybe I'm being too harsh let's read an issue first..

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I actually like Galgo, especially when he has Ahab to play off.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Me too. I really enjoyed Galgo. Not digging on this artwork though. The Alien just looks terrible.  :-\

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah I liked galgo as well.

SM

SM

Quote from: Nostromo on Jul 01, 2016, 06:18:33 PM
Art I can deal with up to a certain degree, but if the story is sh!t that's what makes me feel like going ape shits.

So 17 issues of Galgo wasn't enough now we're going for another 17? I really don't get Dark Horse... You'd think sometimes it's run by.......Galgo himself? I'm ready for another low IQ mediocre story...

Can they also hire Tristan Jones as the only Aliens artist? 30 years and they still don't get it. Anyhow, maybe I'm being too harsh let's read an issue first..

Galgo wasn't in 17 issues of Fire & Stone or Life & Death.  He was in 10 issues of Fire & Stone and wasn't in any of the first five issues of Life & Death.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed