What do you think the new angle or twist will be?

Started by Keith, Apr 16, 2016, 07:18:46 PM

Author
What do you think the new angle or twist will be? (Read 6,603 times)

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Apr 17, 2016, 08:45:58 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Apr 17, 2016, 06:29:58 PM
The fact that Black talked himself about the predator female being a possibility , is a hint , also the tagline was
'you'll never see HIM coming' maybe because we will see HER comin instead.Or maybe i'm just paranoid, but given how they badly
screwed the pred franchise it seems possible.It would be of course an instant boycott and even a boycott campaign.

Have they really screwed the Predator franchise?  If you ignore the AvP abortions, the original is a classic, Predator 2 is a good sequel and Predators was a pretty solid movie.

Predators is garbage, as both AVPs.

426Buddy

I didnt love Predators but it wasnt garbage and not nearly as bad as the AvP films IMO.

HuDaFuK

Predators was definitely a lot better than the AVPs.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 18, 2016, 06:24:03 PM
Predators was definitely a lot better than the AVPs.

Well , they're all in the same bag, I couldn't care less about wich one is worse.This bag was dropped in the trashcan.

HuDaFuK

Not at all. I watched Predators again recently and enjoyed it a lot.

Novak 1334

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 18, 2016, 06:35:40 PM
Not at all. I watched Predators again recently and enjoyed it a lot.

Agreed.  I think Predators is fine.  I get why some people don't like it.  But it is nowhere near as bad as the AvP movies.  Predators might be guilty of failing in some areas, but unlike the AvP movies, it didn't take a huge shit on continuity

Keith

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 18, 2016, 10:51:31 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 18, 2016, 09:08:13 AM
On Earth or wherever. The Bad Blood could actually be after our human characters and doing it in less than a sporting way. The humans don't have to team up with the "good" Predator at all.
I see the idea but why would a predator even care about the bad bloods hunting tactics. Man it's quickly becoming bloods and crips in here.

I admit it, I didn't like the bad blood predators. I mean I can accept it, as in the classic is the white aristocratic hunter and the bad blood are the big dumb vikings. Same Species but different parts of the planet. It never was stated what the difference was, right? I mean aside from Nolans' wolves vs dog blood feud thing.

Not sure I would have another Predator show up to take out the Bad Blood, because then it starts entering AVP/Predators territory. I would just have the humans battle the Bad Blood.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Keith on Apr 19, 2016, 02:28:39 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 18, 2016, 10:51:31 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 18, 2016, 09:08:13 AM
On Earth or wherever. The Bad Blood could actually be after our human characters and doing it in less than a sporting way. The humans don't have to team up with the "good" Predator at all.
I see the idea but why would a predator even care about the bad bloods hunting tactics. Man it's quickly becoming bloods and crips in here.

I admit it, I didn't like the bad blood predators. I mean I can accept it, as in the classic is the white aristocratic hunter and the bad blood are the big dumb vikings. Same Species but different parts of the planet. It never was stated what the difference was, right? I mean aside from Nolans' wolves vs dog blood feud thing.

Not sure I would have another Predator show up to take out the Bad Blood, because then it starts entering AVP/Predators territory. I would just have the humans battle the Bad Blood.
Exactly.

What interested me has always been "poncho's(remember Afghanistan)" comment after finding da choppa. Of course this is present day but a desert location would be neat.

The Shuriken

No twists please, just make a fun action movie with a great looking creature.

Vermillion

Predator takes the White House.
And the 300 Spartans come to take it back.
With Charlton Heston leading the 300.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Vermillion on Apr 20, 2016, 03:38:37 PM
No that makes no goddamn sense at all. With the Predator in the white house guns would be free for all.  I don't care if this is zombie Heston; in what universe would the former NRA director not be friends with the Predator race. Especially if the predator wins the popular vote during the takeover. :P

The Alien Predator

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 20, 2016, 06:51:55 PM
No that makes no goddamn sense at all. With the Predator in the white house guns would be free for all.  I don't care if this is zombie Heston; in what universe would the former NRA director not be friends with the Predator race. Especially if the predator wins the popular vote during the takeover. :P

Don't forget that hunting would be easier to get a license for!

whiterabbit

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Apr 20, 2016, 08:00:09 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 20, 2016, 06:51:55 PM
Don't forget that hunting would be easier to get a license for!
I wonder if the Predators have bag limits... ehh skull limits I suppose. Then again with 7 billion humans, I doubt it! :P

jimmylace

jimmylace

There'll be some kind of new angle. Can't help but wonder if we'll see a twisted human become a copycat Predator, or a Predator worshipper. Could be a clan member. It's been moving in that direction for some time. Noland used the tech. As did Dallas in AvP2. Edwin marvelled at their world. Lex had an unspoken bond, learned their ways. The cameo written for Dutch in Predators had him leading a Predator clan. That's a possible route.

Now, you could have that hero taking on someone from the Company's bio-weapon division. A villain who has enhanced himself with Alien genetics. There's your Blomkamp style AvP3 right there...

bobcunk

It turns out that the predator is just a suit and they are all engineers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed