First On Location Pictures of Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 31, 2016, 01:37:30 PM

Author
First On Location Pictures of Alien: Covenant! (Read 108,665 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 31, 2016, 02:14:27 PMWe'll happily oblige if they do.

Fingers crossed then.

Cool pics!

426Buddy

Nice!

Exclusive content helps getting some good exposure for the site I would imagine too. I think the public hype for covenant is going to really start kicking into gear now.

Perfect-Organism

In addition to hanging out with some really great people and discussing one of our favorite topics (The Aliens Universe), seeing such hot-off-the-press footage is what makes AVP Galaxy so great.  Well done.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thanks for the love fellas. There's a reason we're still here after over 14 years serving this community. We're dedicated to bringing you all the best news and as quickly as possible. No clickbait, no flimsy fluff pieces. We want you to get the most reliable information with actual content. Fox called us the "pulse of the online Alien/Predator community" for a reason!  ;D

Sorry, I'll get off the soapbox. I'm just proud of the site and of all you guys.  :)

Enoch

Is this ship on photos actually sinking into the water?? :o

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Judging from it being built right on the shoreline, that's certainly a good possibility!

426Buddy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 31, 2016, 02:39:00 PM
Thanks for the love fellas. There's a reason we're still here after over 14 years serving this community. We're dedicated to bringing you all the best news and as quickly as possible. No clickbait, no flimsy fluff pieces. We want you to get the most reliable information with actual content. Fox called us the "pulse of the online Alien/Predator community" for a reason!  ;D

Sorry, I'll get off the soapbox. I'm just proud of the site and of all you guys.  :)

This is really the best site, not just for AvP, but of it's kind. You guys should be proud, you've done a great job here and helped create a great online community!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Here are a few old Ron Cobb designs. Notice the rounded and angled surfaces of the white spacecraft as well as the red banding that we can see on the prop as well. The prop in the photo could very likely be a Wayne Haag design who has recently been praising Cobb's work.

https://twitter.com/ankaris/status/712124489203638272

LordCassusSnow

I really hope these nature bits are for earth scenes or scenes of an earth-like planet. Avatar was fine but i'd rather we not get something similar for the engineer paradise. I'm personally hoping we get something more similar to Giger's bio mechanoid landscapes. A dark world bio modified to fit the needs of alien geneticists who create living ships and weapons. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 31, 2016, 03:23:19 PM
Here are a few old Ron Cobb designs. Notice the rounded and angled surfaces of the white spacecraft as well as the red banding that we can see on the prop as well. The prop in the photo could very likely be a Wayne Haag design who has recently been praising Cobb's work

It definitely looks Cobb inspired. I'm hoping Haag might comment on it later. Be nice to know if he designed the Covenant.

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Mar 31, 2016, 03:31:14 PM
I'm personally hoping we get something more similar to Giger's bio mechanoid landscapes. A dark world bio modified to fit the needs of alien geneticists who create living ships and weapons. Keeping my fingers crossed!

More than anything, this is what I hope to see in the film.

Enoch

There must be some facilities or temples... Alien never was exterior movie! So we ll possibly see more of
Engineers technology or technology of some other creature in those temples or facilities? Gigeresque landscapes and
designs always were a key part of this franchise (and I only count first two and maybe third movie), so I m 100% sure that
we ll have huge Gigeresque or Gutalin (and maybe someone new) designs all over the movie.

By the look of ship (airlock) on this photos, it seems like it crashed on that Planet (Paradise),
or thats not Covenant at all...?

Stolen

http://application.denofgeek.com/images/m/COBB/Alien_Tug.jpg

Nice find!
The reactor seems very close to the work of Ron Cobb!

The ship looks pretty small, much like the Nostromo

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Stolen on Mar 31, 2016, 04:03:35 PM
http://application.denofgeek.com/images/m/COBB/Alien_Tug.jpg

Nice find!
The reactor seems very close to the work of Ron Cobb!

The ship looks pretty small, much like the Nostromo

We know that in the past Scott had his people design small exterior sections of the ships in 1:1 scale.  I would think the images we've seen represent just such a small section of a much larger vessel.  But if you consider the Nostromo to be small, then this would probably be small by your standards as well.

Stolen

Sorry confusion, I thought to Dropship (Aliens)

Maybe the Covenant stay in orbit and this one makes the connection with the planet!

Perfect-Organism

That can't be the whole ship.  In the left side of the object we see what are possibly thrusters.  You would need those in other corners of the ship but they're not there.  If they're going with a similar design to the ships as to the Nostromo and Prometheus, that would mean 4 landing thrusters.  one in each corner.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed