First On Location Pictures of Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 31, 2016, 01:37:30 PM

Author
First On Location Pictures of Alien: Covenant! (Read 102,281 times)

Corporal Hicks

Updated 01/04/2016 – I have added another 2 pictures to the gallery below. Thanks to Stolen for the close up one.

Updated 02/04/2016 – Added another one.

010416_03

We have our first on location pictures of Alien: Covenant! Filming is due to start on Alien: Covenant in the next week or so and news of the crew moving into Fiordland National Park in New Zealand has been cropping up on social media over the last few weeks. Now, we finally have our first look at what’s going on in Fiordland!

These pictures (more below) were taken in front of Mitre Peak, an iconic mountain in the South of New Zealand. They are constructing what would appear to be a spaceship (possibly the Covenant?). In its current state it’s hard to tell for certain what exactly it might be though. Is it just some generic section of the hull or might it be an airlock?

Thanks to Stolen for this one.

In related news, a recent article (that has since been removed from the website) posted by the Otago Daily Times confirmed that Alien: Covenant would be filming in the Te Anau region of South New Zealand (thanks to Stolen for the tip!):

“Details of exactly what is being filmed, how many people are involved and how long filming will take are shrouded in mystery, but it has been confirmed scenes for Alien: Covenant are at present being shot in the Te Anau-Milford Sound area.

A company spokesman, who declined to be named, said 13 trucks fitted out as camera, make-up, wardrobe and office trucks had been hired ''for a few weeks”. Most were already in Fiordland, with the rest on their way south. They were being used for Alien: Covenant scenes, he said.

He knew Fiordland was to be a location for Alien: Covenant and had heard some filming had begun. Scouts had been scoping locations for the past six to eight weeks, he said. ''I know Fiordland is ideally suited to their needs. It is a grand-scale production … which will use Fiordland’s natural scenery overlaid with special effects.”

T Dog

Oh look at that delicious fog!

The Airlock looks Prometheusy I do believe!

Stolen

Oh great found !

Prometheus vibes! I love it !

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I'm getting a very "Ron Cobb" vibe from that partial spaceship/dropship prop.  ;D

It's hard to tell exactly from the low-res photo but it looks kinda weathered and battered, like something that belongs in the Alien universe.

Enoch

Phenomenal news!!! :o I cant wait ;D

Excellent job, Corporal... I believe you earned your promotion :D ;)

Whiskeybrewer

Its looking good :)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Where are those photo's from Corporal? Do you have an undercover agent operating in New Zealand?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 31, 2016, 01:49:21 PM
Where are those photo's from Corporal? Do you have an undercover agent operating in New Zealand?

;) That would be telling.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 31, 2016, 01:44:49 PM
I'm getting a very "Ron Cobb" vibe from that partial spaceship/dropship prop.  ;D

It's hard to tell exactly from the low-res photo but it looks kinda weathered and battered, like something that belongs in the Alien universe.

Exactly my thoughts too!

Enoch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3-aAx4SOn0

Long wait till the August next year :( :( :( :-\ :-[ :-[

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

It's trending on twitter now. Quite a scoop Corporal and Darkness!

Hope you guys don't get a C&D from Fox.

Stolen

So the ship will land on water
And I'm pretty sure the Juggernaut (with Shaw) will be under water

I'm so excited, this is normal? and you ?  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 31, 2016, 01:49:21 PM

I will clarify though that these are what I obtained, not from the ODT article.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah it's so hot, Bloody Disgusting will only provide a link to here, they won't even host the pictures.  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 31, 2016, 02:06:45 PM
Hope you guys don't get a C&D from Fox.

We'll oblige if they do.

Perfect-Organism

Very cool.  Looks like they're going for an earthy paradise vibe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed