What's Wrong With AvP?

Started by overthere, Dec 05, 2015, 12:25:08 PM

Author
What's Wrong With AvP? (Read 34,730 times)

SM

SM

:laugh:

QuoteThe director's didn't have a pregnant fetish.

Pregnancy ended up being a thing in Skyline too...

echobbase79

echobbase79

But Shane Salerno's the one that wrote all of that stuff.

The ending of Skyline showed Jarrod protecting his child I thought?

SM

SM

The egg barfing wasn't in the original draft and Zee Strauses claim to have had a lot of input into subsequent drafts, so maybe it was their idea.

I just thought it was odd that pregnancy was featured twice in their only two films.

echobbase79

echobbase79

But in a draft called Colorado Nights that I was able to read it was in there. That script was dated 8/21/06. Not sure if the Bros were involved by this point our not. I think Crom told me it was one of the producer's idea about the egg barfing. It originally started out with a regular Alien having this reproduction method and the Bros changed it to the Predalien.

SM

SM

I have no idea whose I idea it was - it just, as I said, struck me as odd.

Scorpio

Scorpio

It was economical for the budget to use barfing instead of morphing.

The Strauses actually improved a horrible script and getting Daniel Pearl to shoot the movie and Brian Tyler to score it was a good move.  Puts it way above your usual b-movie.  And ADI's work is top notch as usual, even though people have issue with the designs.

SM

SM

Far and away ADIs worst work on an Alien flick.  Not helped by very average suit performances (even by Woodruff), bad direction and editing.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Yep, worst Aliens design for sure.

SiL

SiL

Pearl's work was destroyed in the colour grade. Salerno's first draft was a, well, first draft, but hay more potential than what we ended up with.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Scorpio on Apr 12, 2017, 12:11:13 AMPuts it way above your usual b-movie.

AVP:R is nothing like as good as your usual b-movie.

happypred

happypred

I remember when I was so f**king excited for AvP and then crossing my fingers for an amazing AvP-R

Recently heard Predator 4 is gonna have some autistic kid hoodwink the Predators...no hope

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'm keeping an open mind about Preda4.

If it does end up sucking, I'll be doubly disappointed, not just because it's yet another missed opportunity for Predator, but because it'll be the first Shane Black movie that I haven't liked.

SrSpinelli

SrSpinelli

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 11, 2017, 07:58:35 PM
Quote from: SrSpinelli on Apr 09, 2017, 02:27:03 PM
This is everything the AvP movies did wrong and what it generated
The HumanXPredator fanart that was created because of it.

Ever heard of Machiko Noguchi?
Machiko was a warrior
Lex was a helpless princess

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Machiko was a colony administrator.

She had no more prior combat skill than Lex did.

genocyber

genocyber

The only problem people have with the Aliens is just their teeth, mainly. The rest of them looks perfectly fine.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed