25th Anniversay of Predator 2

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 21, 2015, 08:11:30 AM

Author
25th Anniversay of Predator 2 (Read 1,412 times)

Corporal Hicks

Is today!

Hard to think it's been so long.

Valaquen

Valaquen

The gore in this film really used to disturb me; I think because it looked black on the old VHS tapes I saw it on; it just made blood look really filthy, like Robocop 2. Just a little disgusting, but I always had great fun with this movie. I rewatched it a few months ago and had fun, though it's over shockingly quickly: we're in the third act 60 minutes in! It just barrels through. It could've been great, but it's a solid feature with some very interesting extrapolations on the Predator.

Happy birthday, P2  :)

The Alien Predator

Happy birthday Predator 2!

THE CITY HUNTER

Holy crap i never even realized!oh Predator 2 how under rated you are but dont worry you will not be retconned unlike alien 3.

CthulhuQueen

God God I feel old! I have fond memories of watching this on vhs at my dad's house. He was well into all those 80's & 90's action films and I remember him being very excited they made a sequel to Predator.

I think he was quite disappointed there was no arnie in it, but I remember him carefully explaining to me why the other predators left Harrigan alive at the end (even though I was 18 at the time and perfectly capable of deducing that for myself!) Dad loved the whole honour concept.

It then became my favourite film for a while and I subjected my poor mum and 12 year old brother to endless viewings. My brother still quotes lines from the film at me today :o

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PREDATOR 2!!  ;D

Randomizer

Randomizer

My favorite Predator movie. Happy birthday !  :)

Corporal Hicks

The first time I ever saw it was borrowing the VHS off one of my friends who turned out to be a massive Predator and Friday the 13th fan. I always liked it back then and I still like it now. It's cheesy and silly but it's fun. I was great to see more of the Predator.

THE CITY HUNTER

Watched it on tv when i was 8 but die hard 2 was on and my big brother kept changing the channel :Dbut i feel in love with the franchise.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

25 years ago, he came to town with a few days to kill...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

And still no uncut release!

Happy birthday, pussyface.

Corporal Hicks

I'll still hoping for that uncut release. Hoping...and hoping...

predator2rules

I remember renting this movie 100 times on VHS. Here in Australia the previews were Millers Crossing, Coupe De Ville, Ninja Turtles, Edward Scissorhands and Maniac Cop 2. Mum always loved it when i came back from the video shop with it. I loved this movie back when I first saw it and I will love it for all eternity wherever that is. It inspired me to write my own stories is what got me into Aliens. Everything about this movie is great. It is underrated. Compare it to the shite today and for me its a master piece. The creature is kick ass. Happy Birthday Predator 2.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: burkewhimp on Nov 23, 2015, 12:02:53 PM
I remember renting this movie 100 times on VHS. Here in Australia the previews were Millers Crossing, Coupe De Ville, Ninja Turtles, Edward Scissorhands and Maniac Cop 2. Mum always loved it when i came back from the video shop with it. I loved this movie back when I first saw it and I will love it for all eternity wherever that is. It inspired me to write my own stories is what got me into Aliens. Everything about this movie is great. It is underrated. Compare it to the shite today and for me its a master piece. The creature is kick ass. Happy Birthday Predator 2.
:'(

CthulhuQueen

CthulhuQueen

Today I was inspired to watch it again. Haven't seen it for a few years and I was genuinely a little shocked at just how much gore and violence there is! I didn't bat an eyelid 25 years ago but somehow it seems quite extreme to me compared to what is about these days.

I don't know if it's me that's changed or modern films? I sincerely hope I'm not turning into some maiden aunt clutching her pearls and tutting at the vagaries of youth...

On the plus side I really did enjoy it just as much as ever. I think P2 has just overtaken P1 as my favourite (for the minute anyway) And of course Gary Busey is a scream!

By the way Hicks & HuDa, what's the uncut version?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed