Aliens 30th Anniversary: The Original Comics Series (Original Dark Horse sequel)

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 16, 2015, 06:20:23 PM

Author
Aliens 30th Anniversary: The Original Comics Series (Original Dark Horse sequel) (Read 42,075 times)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: 420Buddy on Apr 21, 2016, 03:56:58 PM
Unfortunately I started with the Aliens: Outbreak TPB, it was actually my first Aliens only comic I believe (AvP War #0 was my first ever aliens comic unless you count the comics that came with the kenner toys.)

It's not all bad though, I like the format of the library editions. I will def be picking up this 30th anniversary HC though, I'll get to finally read the series as it was originally intended.

What was the blue cover of the original Aliens Book 1?

I take it this wasn't it? I love this cover
Spoiler
[close]

It must be this one -
Spoiler
[close]

It is indeed the latter one (purple bluish with yellow ALIENS logo).  Mark A. Nelson has a very specific and unique way of drawing the Alien heads.  It is not quite like in the movie Aliens nor Alien.  He's got his own thing going on, and he totally nails it IMO.

StrangeShape

Its close to the hands of the original. His warrior was a faithfull recreation of the movie warriors aside the hands which were closer to those of the original

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://comictrash.com/graphic-novel-review-aliens-30th-anniversary-edition/#Aliens_Day#Aliens_LV426_Day#LV426_Day

Hopefully be picking my copy up today or tomorrow.

I did pick up my copy and I've not read it yet but I read the fore and afterwords and they were really interesting reads. It also included Lucky (not sure why that short?) and some pitch artwork by Nelson which was really cool. I do recommend giving this one a pickup.

Also, Verheiden is going to be at London Film and Comic Con in July so I'm going to have to go visit his table! Was already going to see Perlman but I think I'm more excited for Verheiden!  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 09, 2016, 11:54:33 AMIt also included Lucky (not sure why that short?)

Done by the same creative team as kind of a reunion piece. I'd imagine that's why they put it in there.

Corporal Hicks

That would make sense!  :laugh: Just seemed a little random.

Perfect-Organism

I had no idea Lucky even existed!  That's awesome!  Was it ever included in any of the omnibuses?  I don't recall seeing something called that.

Corporal Hicks

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 09, 2016, 11:54:33 AM
I did pick up my copy and I've not read it yet but I read the fore and afterwords and they were really interesting reads. It also included Lucky (not sure why that short?) and some pitch artwork by Nelson which was really cool. I do recommend giving this one a pickup.

Also, Verheiden is going to be at London Film and Comic Con in July so I'm going to have to go visit his table! Was already going to see Perlman but I think I'm more excited for Verheiden!  :laugh:

I may have to look into tickets for this. I would love to get him to sign my copy.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 09, 2016, 12:06:16 PM
It's in Volume 5.

Wow, I just found it.  I read the omnibus ages ago but I honestly don't remember seeing that in there.  I may have literally jumped to volume 6 without noticing it in there at the very end.  Crazy!  Is the version in the 30th anniversary bound volume black & white?  Hope so..

426Buddy

I hope they do a similar edition for Nightmare Asylum, that would be amazing!! You know what would be even more amazing? If they finally reprinted Aliens Countdown and included it with the special edition, thats a dream of mine lol. Also a new original den beauvais cover would be great too but thats probably asking to much..

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: 426Buddy on May 27, 2016, 02:53:27 PM
I hope they do a similar edition for Nightmare Asylum, that would be amazing!! You know what would be even more amazing? If they finally reprinted Aliens Countdown and included it with the special edition, thats a dream of mine lol. Also a new original den beauvais cover would be great too but thats probably asking to much..

Considering it was originally called Book 2 and since Billie and Wilks have been returned to their original names of Hicks and Newt, it might not be called Nightmare Asylum, but I 100% agree.  Countdown would be a great inclusion.

Corporal Hicks

Doesn't matter to me what title they'd give it, I'd happily snap up a fancy pants hardback copy of Book 2 with Countdown!

426Buddy

Yeah I think its just more identifiable as nightmare asylum, but yeah doesn't matter what name they call it, would be amazing lol

Perfect-Organism

The Nightmare Asylum moniker doesn't irk me too much.

If I remember correctly, back in the omnibus discussion thread, it was mentioned that DH somehow "lost" the original art for Countdown.  A real bummer if that's true...

426Buddy

That would be to bad, I know countdown can be found online digitally so maybe they could still produce a version of it.

For Book3/Female War they can just redo all the interior art lol  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed