Alien Isolation 2 Seems Unlikely Says Creative Assembly

Started by Darkness, Oct 04, 2015, 03:46:46 PM

Author
Alien Isolation 2 Seems Unlikely Says Creative Assembly (Read 49,682 times)

Vertigo

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 06, 2015, 11:12:50 AM
On easy, it showed up for a bit then left, and I never saw it again until the scripted scene at the end of the level :P

My experience on Easy wasn't remotely like yours, the San Cristobal section was torture. It never completely left, but it didn't stay within visible range either, and would occasionally vanish into an adjoining corridor or hop into an air vent. There was no way of predicting when it would come back, it could be ten seconds or it could be two minutes, or anything in between - unless you popped up your motion tracker to figure out its location, the sound of which usually brought it running straight to you. There were occasions when I'd walk round a corner into an open corridor, or open a door, and find it right there in front of me, which practically made me leap out of my chair. Very film-like.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Vertigo on Nov 06, 2015, 12:44:20 PMunless you popped up your motion tracker to figure out its location, the sound of which usually brought it running straight to you.

??? You don't have the motion tracker the first time you meet it in the medical centre... You don't get that until later in the game.

Vertigo

Motion tracker's near the start of mission 4, in Seegson Communications - if you didn't have it by San Cristobal (mission 5), you missed it.
It's true you don't have the tracker when the alien starts making full-bodied appearances, but that's at Lorenz SysTech in mission 3, and it's not really hunting you at that point.

HuDaFuK

Pretty sure you can't progress without collecting the tracker when you're supposed to. But I honestly remember not having it the first time you meet the Alien proper... Maybe I was just too scared to remember I had it :P

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 06, 2015, 11:49:54 AM
Listen to it every week just about.  :)

I just discovered this for the first time on Youtube as a result of this discussion.  Thanks!  It's got some good sounds to it.  Can you believe next year this game is 20 years old?  Still one of my favorite Alien games.  I never thought to just listen to the soundtrack...

Corporal Hicks

If I remember rightly you could just pop the game disk in and it'd play the soundtrack. You could certainly do it from the Sega Saturn dashboard.

HuDaFuK

Quite a few old games used to do that. Was a neat bonus that got dropped somewhere along the way.

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Nov 06, 2015, 11:45:53 AM
Ah, that Alien Trilogy soundtrack...

This single track and the level that it accompanied have had such a big influence on my stories, it's insane:

Corporal Hicks

What level was it?

Born Of Cold Light

It was the levels that occurred in the Derelict ("Boneship") in between the main levels, where you circled around a massive pillar with doors on the side where there were enemies and gear inside.  The final one of the these levels featured the Space Jockey in the middle.  I was always entranced by the atmosphere; the perpetual spiral downward in a land of bone, with nothing but black above you, and that eerie music playing.  The main levels were always cool, with acid walls, doors that seemed to melt away, and human hosts fused into the biotechnology.  The whole Boneship area is one of the most well-done settings for any AVP game I have ever played.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Nov 13, 2015, 05:11:40 PM
It was the levels that occurred in the Derelict ("Boneship") in between the main levels, where you circled around a massive pillar with doors on the side where there were enemies and gear inside.  The final one of the these levels featured the Space Jockey in the middle.  I was always entranced by the atmosphere; the perpetual spiral downward in a land of bone, with nothing but black above you, and that eerie music playing.  The main levels were always cool, with acid walls, doors that seemed to melt away, and human hosts fused into the biotechnology.  The whole Boneship area is one of the most well-done settings for any AVP game I have ever played.
Yutani commandos were there.

TheBATMAN

Alien Trilogy podcast should be considered soonish  ;D

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Nov 13, 2015, 05:18:37 PM
Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Nov 13, 2015, 05:11:40 PM
Yutani commandos were there.

At first, yes, but soon it was only combat androids and Aliens, which just increased the sense of dehumanization.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Nov 14, 2015, 04:28:57 PM
Alien Trilogy podcast should be considered soonish  ;D

Peter Briggs' AvP and early days of the AvP film is up next.  :P Recorded it last night. It's been sent off for editing.

HuDaFuK

I seriously need to catch my ass up on these podcasts. Been meaning to do it for months now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed