Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 196,797 times)

XenoZipper

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 02, 2016, 07:45:00 AM
I'm gutted to hear you don't feel you can share your differing opinions. I feel that despite our massively varied community, we can all respectfully disagree. We got rid of all the childish ones years back and we're all adults here that can disagree nicely.

It's not all the time I feel that way. Just when it's an over abundance of opinions leaning one way & I'm the odd man out that I feel it's best I just don't really bother saying anything. Defiance being a good example with a very large amount loving it & a very very small amount not. Some of it is me as well because I get overly passionate over things & get a little defensive at times as well. Again, could just be life being horrid for me lately putting me in a shit mood which in turn makes it difficult for me to interact with people properly as I'm just in a crabby mood 90% of the time. Negatron as I was fittingly called haha (I actually dig that name for me Nostromo so thanks for that) I still like it here, just not nearly as talkative as I was at the beginning.

Kurai

Quote from: XenoZipper on Sep 02, 2016, 09:50:34 AM
Just when it's an over abundance of opinions leaning one way & I'm the odd man out that I feel it's best I just don't really bother saying anything. Defiance being a good example with a very large amount loving it & a very very small amount not.

I think it's more just that those who don't like it or are indifferent are just not posting. I wasn't too much of a fan of it when it came out since it was very slow burn, but as it gains more substance I can see the comic's general premise starting to shine through. This is Alien: Isolation the comic pretty much. Yeah it has a marine, yeah it has combat androids, but it's leaning heavily on the stylistic choices and atmosphere of Isolation.

Spoiler
Zula Hendricks should have an Arc Reactor in her chest after everything she has been through.  ;D
[close]

XenoZipper

I wasn't a big fan of Alien Isolation so maybe that's part of it too. The tone for the game was good I'll admit that but for the most part I found the gameplay pretty boring (open doors with the jack thing, hide, repeat many times over) & I really suck at stealth games so I never made it very far which didn't allow me to enjoy it rather I got more frustrated the more I kept failing. Sure I could look up videos on youtube to just follow the story so I know how the game turns out but I'm not crazy about sitting there watching someone else play a game because I want to do it but I suck at that one. I do like the art of Defiance though I ain't knocking that in the slightest. Your spoiler made me laugh though, it's so true.

Spoiler
Or if not an Arc Reactor then she should at least be like Robocop & only her brain & front part of her face are the only original parts left haha That part in #4 actually did make me think of Iron Man 1 though, it was very similar to that scene :P
[close]

Corporal Hicks

If you can't do stealth games, you're gonna hate Isolation. No other way around that I'm afraid.  :'(

XenoZipper

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 02, 2016, 10:57:38 AM
If you can't do stealth games, you're gonna hate Isolation. No other way around that I'm afraid.  :'(

I know. I bought the game back when it was first released. I wouldn't have minded so much if my many deaths were caused by the alien but that wasn't the case. Those damn synths & the other crazies running around the ship were my killers. Frustrated me a ton & I haven't popped the game back in since. I don't hate hate the game, just hard for me to enjoy it when I can't progress. Trust me, I really wanted to enjoy it and was super stoked for the game before I got to try it.. and then I tried it and I sucked haha :P

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: XenoZipper on Sep 02, 2016, 11:14:22 AMThose damn synths

I loved Isolation, but I totally see what you mean, here. Every time I came across a pack of Working Joes I'd think, "maybe I'd be happier with a cup of tea and some nice music right now."  :D

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Kurai on Sep 02, 2016, 04:30:36 AM
Quote from: XenoZipper on Sep 02, 2016, 04:04:57 AM
No I'm not big on Resurrection and do not want to see another newborn. I like Alien & Aliens equally for different reasons. What I'd like to see more of? Learning new aspects of the aliens like they did in Labyrinth with Church's little back story.

Totally agree here. My one complaint with all the fair we've been getting is how the Aliens are constantly portrayed as big bug like zombies. Church's little back story was f-ed up, but fit with the Aliens perfectly. I want the Aliens to be intelligent, I always pictured them as being a somewhat more bestial Coeurl: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coeurl
While not having Coeurl's total sapience, but... I don't know quite how to explain it...

It's the same feeling I get playing as the Alien in any of the AvP games, the Alien you play as has that vicious nature tempered by human caution.

That's how I always pictured them too, smart, vicious and terrorizing. I'm not sure what Dark Horse is thinking printing all this Gung Ho crap most of the time. But Defiance and Fast Track to Heaven have made me a bit more optimistic thinking hopefully they will realize their errors at some point..

And for our friend Xenozipper I say:

;D

PS> Actually I would like for you to remain Negatron. We can't all be positive lol. Besides most of the time I'm very skeptic about stuff too, so I come out looking negative people tend to think. Negatron it is than hehe!

XenoZipper

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 02, 2016, 01:34:38 PM
And for our friend Xenozipper I say:
http://67.media.tumblr.com/92d09d660ceea2b10e8ea962efed5f45/tumblr_mutkueBMCG1rso0m5o1_500.jpg

Haha! Love it. Being a Transformers nut I'll take that Negatron name with pride :D I always loved the Decepticons. I'm drawn to the villains in most cartoons I've watched since I was a kid. They get the best lines.

Russ840

Does anyone get the impression that Zula and Davis are going to be the ones that pick up Amanda at the end of Isolation ?

426Buddy

Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 03, 2016, 03:14:31 PM
Does anyone get the impression that Zula and Davis are going to be the ones that pick up Amanda at the end of Isolation ?

I have been thinking this myself.

Nostromo

That's pretty cool. I would love that. Why not.

Russ840

It seems to be a possibility with how issue 4 plays out regarding Amanda's message to Zula. 

XenoZipper

I feel Davis isn't what we think he is or has as good intentions as we think.
Spoiler
Keeping the finger of the alien after Zula told him to leave that stuff alone is kinda making me think so. I think he may be just another corporate plant made to think is on her side just like I think Dr.Yang's going to turn out to be.
[close]

Mr. Clemens

My special order (haha) of issue #1 is still MIA, so even though I've got issues 2-4 now, I think I'll just wait for the TPB as far as #1 goes.

Can anyone give me a spoilerific rundown of what happened in #1?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed