Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 194,821 times)

426Buddy

I sent an email to dark horse detailing my love for Defiance   8)

Can't wait for the next issue!

HuDaFuK

I really hope this does prove popular enough for them to see it through. After such a promising start, I'd hate for it to turn into a sporadic, curtailed mess like Colonial Marines did.

Nostromo

Nostromo

I just re-read Aliens: Defiance 1-2 & Extravehicular. Man...this series is badass good. The story, art, colors & locations are fantastic. All are 9.5/10 or much more!

Those are some of the best designed Aliens of all time. That dead alien in issue 2 is just mind blowing the way it's sitting just there, that thing has the perfect head body combo just like the original Alien. That Queen looked like a very young queen not fully developed yet as if it's a drone or something just moulding into one. Very cool.

I even like Hendricks more this time around, thought she was talking to herself a lot the first time I read it but she's not. I even like that black leather underwear she's got going there, heh.

There's more going on than I originally might have thought. First off, Amanda Ripley and Seegson are in it. Surely there will be some tie in to Isolation later on.

I'm not buying it for a second that one of those cool synths has turned it's programming around...

Loving those Isolation looking synths by the way! And the main one is named David hmmm.

Seems like there's a secret company war going on between Seegson and Weyland Yutani and perhaps Hendricks will be the one to eat the blame afterwards.

This is already my favorite Aliens story since Berserker. Along with Fire & Stone & Life & Death Dark Horse is definitely heading in the right directions. I will be buying every comic & TPB that comes out and will recommend this to people every chance I get.

By the way, does Extravehicular take place somewhere in between issue #1? Actuallly no..that other lady wasn't in isssue 1.

And for the love of God, is there anyway to get that mickey mouse woopydiddely cartoon in the last 4-5 pages out and maybe add more story or some other Alien story instead? What a waste of space, that's prime real estate now.

Great job Dark Horse! I'm going to the store tomorrow to pre order the living shit like Ridley says out of Aliens Defiance & Prometheus Life & Death.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 25, 2016, 01:21:17 PM
I sent an email to dark horse detailing my love for Defiance   8)

Can't wait for the next issue!

Nice one. Likewise I did similar.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nostromo on Jun 28, 2016, 02:58:51 AMBy the way, does Extravehicular take place somewhere in between issue #1? Actuallly no..that other lady wasn't in isssue 1.

Seems to me like it's a snippet from a future episode, perhaps with some of the text altered to make it work as a stand-alone segment. That's the impression I got from reading it.

Not gonna lie, the fact Extravehicular wasn't an original tie-in but just a preview is probably my only actual complaint about the whole thing so far. Would've been nice if it had been a proper side-story.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nostromo on Jun 28, 2016, 02:58:51 AM
Loving those Isolation looking synths by the way! And the main one is named David hmmm.

Twas Davis, not David. I do have to wonder if that was done to be deliberately close to David though.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the comic though. It's great to have such a universally enjoyed series coming out.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on May 21, 2016, 02:23:33 PM
You may not see it again until around #12 though... Also, if you like what you're seeing, make sure you write to Dark Horse and let them know! We have plans for beyond #12, but it sorta relies on you guys keeping us afloat a bit ;)

Look man, all I need to know is one thing, who do I have to email to keep this thing afloat after issue 12? ;D

Quote from: SM on May 25, 2016, 08:15:57 AM
7 @ 22 pages, but if the run is 12 issues, and this is volume 1, I'd guess this would be the first 6 issues, plus covers and other extra stuff.

Damn, no wonder this felt like a 5 minute read. Aren't comics usually 32 pages long??

SM

SM

No 22 is about average.

426Buddy

I found it pretty interesting that they had to change the big chap design to a praetorian in the digital version. Its cool to see the original in the physical copy though, I'm glad I got one.

Corporal Hicks

It pleases me! I like the implication it's because we're heading back to him for Covenant.  :)

426Buddy

That would be an awesome implication! There is definitely a back story, hopefully one day when defiance is past issue 12 and covenant is out we'll learn all the details.

It's going to be a long wait for defiance #3. To kill some time I ordered aliens colonial Marines 1-8, aliens newts tale 1&2, and aliens stalker. I'm getting close to having the whole aliens run, got a long way to go before I get all the avp and predator ones though.

Perfect-Organism

I really hope colonial marines doesn't turn you off though.  It starts off as a 12 issue series (maybe 10, can't remember) and then it gets truncated for some reason.  Anyway, the story really goes sideways, and ultimately nowhere..

426Buddy

Yeah lol the colonial marines series has quite a reputation for being a trainwreck. At least there is some wicked cover art to look forward too, I still need to pick up 9&10 sometime.

But stalker is coming too and ive heard good things about that one.

Whiskeybrewer

Lol 8-10 of Colonial Marines were the first Alien issues I ever got lol.

I think it was just behind th scenes stuff that caused it to go from 12 issues to 10.

Issues 1-7 say its of 12, then the final three say of 10

Perfect-Organism

I think most likely they got instruction from Fox to change direction at some point.  It was probably because of those ridiculous bug men, but I'm just speculating.  Who knows what sort of interesting tale they had planned before things went awry?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed