Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 196,565 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Feb 04, 2016, 03:59:25 PMIf anyone remembers who came up with those custom GBX rifles, let me know.
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2016, 04:09:02 PMWas it sh0dan, HuDa?

That's the guy. I have a bunch of his Aliens stuff saved on my PC but I couldn't find some of the better ones when I last looked online.

Corporal Hicks

I've just found some more:

HuDaFuK

Yeah, they're his newer ones. To be honest, I prefer his older, more modular Pulse Rifle concepts, and they're the ones I couldn't find on the web any more.

Corporal Hicks

I had a look last night but I couldn't find any on my desktop. I did come across some similar ones by others in Google though:

http://wolff60.deviantart.com/gallery/3347487/Aliens-USCMC?offset=24 This fella has a bunch of stuff too.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I've found all of those at one point or another hunting for these sh0dan works.

These are my favourites of his old work, uploaded form my PC:

I think he does the modular thing far better than any other attempts I've seen. I particularly love the baby Pulse Rifle, presumably for vehicle crews or special forces.

He also does a neat sniper variant, drawn alongside the USCM sniper rifle from the Tech Manual:

Corporal Hicks

Those are really sweet. I regret not saving all of them when I had the chance. That forum is long dead now though.

HuDaFuK

I could send you over what I have if you'd like.

Corporal Hicks

If you would. Thanks.

HuDaFuK

Wanna PM me your personal email address?

426Buddy

Preordered my copy just now, with marks cover  >: ;D

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Wanted to add to the praise by saying wow that art is truly gorgeous. Do you do all your work digitally, Tristan, or do you pencil some outlines and things before you get started on the tablet?

Just curious as I'm an artist myself. Hope the comic is going well and I can't wait to check it out.

Oh yeah ps - after browsing your Tumblr blog for a bit, I was reminded that this story features a bunch of USCM combat synthetics. This is interesting, but I wanted to ask how you guys were doing with it from a lore standpoint?

What's interesting is that a lot of the EU has androids not being targeted by the Alien due to their artificial nature. Alien: Isolation also does this, which makes for some very tense gameplay moments. However the only film reference we have to this shows Bishop, a very artificial person, get torn in half by the Queen, implying that Aliens will, in fact, attack synthetics just as they would anything else.

Some of the EU also contradicts this, like in Earth Hive (Book One) where Wilks' team all end up being combat synths. Plenty of them get killed.

I can see this easily being explained by just saying that synths may not be attacked unless they act aggressively or attack the Aliens. Anyway just wanted to know your thoughts on it, if you had any.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 07, 2016, 10:29:20 PMWhat's interesting is that a lot of the EU has androids not being targeted by the Alien due to their artificial nature. Alien: Isolation also does this, which makes for some very tense gameplay moments. However the only film reference we have to this shows Bishop, a very artificial person, get torn in half by the Queen, implying that Aliens will, in fact, attack synthetics just as they would anything else.

You come across a few androids in Isolation that have seemingly been ripped apart by something, if I remember right. Maybe Aliens will attack them if they're in their way.

As for Bishop, I figure the Queen's raging at that point.

RagingDragon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 08, 2016, 09:00:07 AM
You come across a few androids in Isolation that have seemingly been ripped apart by something, if I remember right. Maybe Aliens will attack them if they're in their way.

As for Bishop, I figure the Queen's raging at that point.

Lol, indeed, the queen was f**king pissed. Plus in terms of the film, that scene stood out as a play on the chestburster to trick the audience into thinking that Bishop had gotten facehugged for a second.

Was pretty effective, too, until the milk.

OpenMaw

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 08, 2016, 09:00:07 AM
Maybe Aliens will attack them if they're in their way.

Unfortunately not in A:I. The alien doesn't seem to even acknowledge their existence at all in gameplay terms. (Might have been a nice nod if the alien maybe gave them a "Head tilt" ala Jonesy, or knocked them over, or something.)

Corporal Hicks

That said, the Joe's responses to Stompy are great. "What are you?"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed