why not Hosting the entire game in all lenguage ?

Started by Lucifero, May 26, 2015, 10:44:04 AM

do you have a original  copy of AVP2?

yes i have a original copy of game 1 or more cd keys !
2 (66.7%)
no i dont have any cd key but i can play anyway.
1 (33.3%)
if yes which lenguage is your original game?
0 (0%)
if yes can / want register your original copy of avp2?
0 (0%)
if yes you have the expansion?
0 (0%)
no and i dont know expansion.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author
why not Hosting the entire game in all lenguage ? (Read 4,321 times)

Lucifero

too big for make or for dowload?
hard to make or impossible to make?

bad idea or good idea?

build babel's tower only for AVP2 in all lenguage
maybe for all so (mac include)
easy to dowload easy to install.
non-profit but only to preserve and save the game in time

x-M-x

You mean... in the game 'have a language setting' instead of the 1.0.9.6 Language files?

Nothing is impossible.... but who the hell would spend time to make that?

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: Kenny  Yesterday at 12:38pmWhat show is that?

I still think it's best to just link to places where it is uploaded. Avoid legal trouble.
its a old italian cartoon title " il mistero della pietra azzurra"
translated : The mystery of Blue stone

in this scene the bad guy to take hostage the protagonist.
shows her the progress of building the tower of babel
2 ancient city Sodom and Gomorrah were wiped out from the tower of Babel that could also be used as an instrument of destruction.
say this can you give me some answer kenny?

Quote from: x-M-x on May 26, 2015, 01:02:57 PM
You mean... in the game 'have a language setting' instead of the 1.0.9.6 Language files?

Nothing is impossible.... but who the hell would spend time to make that?
a  crazy man that love this game.

if for legal reasons it is better that the download remains pirate.
in italy we say :
leave to Caesar what belongs to Caesar
if it's too complicated to implement a auto installer in different lenguage .
image alternative spat screen multilanguage dowload alien vs predator 2 in all lenguage
would be put in order in pirated versions ,or create more than a torrent for each different language including updates.
I thought of an evolution of the master server mod 2.2 but without modifying the 1.0.9.6 ,sp1,mp1 & dlc.
a master server 2.3 include official client official server list official counter score.
a master server that only bypass the cd key basis without affecting the menu of the game.
leave it unchanged for the different languages, different keyboard , different charatters.
but without preventing the customization of the various servers.
example:
if in a server is mounted a mod costum
for join you need AVP2 + mod costum
we can leave to manage multiple servers in various costum mod dowload in passive way.
the only flaw of this idea that the download being passive slow down the performance of the server itself.
but I think that eventually would stabilize after some time, because the players at the end of "automatic passive download " would no longer need additional resources. because if you go into a server with a mod that you have already installed, or you have decided to install it.
alternative using official avp2 client for manage varius dowload and support links.
the client may be used not only as a chat or to give technical assistance but also to monitor people who like to play dirty.
maybe just making mandatory the registration of its nickname by the script of the client.

Randomizer

That's a risky move. It could go pretty much unnoticed. You have to make the setup installer for the game and updates, the read-me files, the game itself (thankfully not the audio).

I suggest focusing first on the more popular languages(besides English) like Italian, Swedish, Spanish, Mexican, Chinese(who the f*ck would bother doing so much?), French, Russian...you get it !  :)

Lucifero

Lucifero

audio files of the game change depending on the language the update 1.0.9.6 change some audio files.
http://www.avpunknown.com/gallery/games/avp2/updates.htm
in single player is the soundtrack that the audio files are different especially dialogue in the single player campaign same in the dlc.
sp1 and mp1 are avanable only in english but are already inside dlc as a update for main game but depend of lenguage are installed.
multiplayer only change these two taunt the marine and corporate.
only audio files taunt of predator and alien are the same.(in multiplayer)
but after install master server keyboard its only american.
This happens regardless of whether you have the game installed in English or in a different language.
the problem and that we should have a complete copy of the game and the dlc in different languages to do so.
give a chance to those who have the original disks
too download only updates.
but also give the opportunity to those without disks can download the game in their own language.

KingKenny

Quote from: Lucifero on May 27, 2015, 04:16:57 PM
audio files of the game change depending on the language the update 1.0.9.6 change some audio files.
http://www.avpunknown.com/gallery/games/avp2/updates.htm
in single player is the soundtrack that the audio files are different especially dialogue in the single player campaign same in the dlc.
sp1 and mp1 are avanable only in english but are already inside dlc as a update for main game but depend of lenguage are installed.
multiplayer only change these two taunt the marine and corporate.
only audio files taunt of predator and alien are the same.(in multiplayer)
but after install master server keyboard its only american.
This happens regardless of whether you have the game installed in English or in a different language.
the problem and that we should have a complete copy of the game and the dlc in different languages to do so.
give a chance to those who have the original disks
too download only updates.
but also give the opportunity to those without disks can download the game in their own language.

There is a workaround. If you were able to grab all the audio files and dialogue in the other language version (say Italian) and extract them all into their correct folder paths as they exist in the game. You can then pack them as a rez file. So that when you install all the official updates, you then run the newly created rez file and it will act as a sound pack. Sound packs work on all servers unless the admin is super strict and enables crazy crc checking via some server mod.

Please don't elect me to make this sound pack. It's a lot of work. lol

Lucifero

Lucifero

too complex ok
the first is a bad idea.
let the game handle different languages and sounds different characters.
maybe is more easiest to leave the setup as it is.
research of records in multiple languages is difficult but not impossible.
Kenni tell me would instead create a master server experimental ?
that does not go to change the keyboard and the language of the menu including the problem of the clear type.
simply bypass the cd key.
a ms that allows you to be able to see the list of servers but without modifying the structure of the game and its various languages and sounds?
I could from the old 1.5.4 or alternatively the 2.0 seemed to me the most stable so far.
I never understood why in the past we have passed from 1.5.4 to 2.0

KingKenny

http://aliensvspredator2.filefront.com/file/Aliens_vs_Predator_2_Master_Server_Patch;118534

Look at the changelog. There's really no changes made to the base game. It just needed one update to switch to the new server once gamespy went offline.

Anyways, the problem with these patches is that they overwrite your pre-existing files when the patch is run. It's like how a skin works. It overwrites the original skin.

So there would probably need to be multiple versions of the patch in each language to keep your language and sound files the same.

Making a soundpack with your original sounds wouldn't be too hard though. If you extract the your AvP2 game files, go into:

AvP2>Sounds Folder

Find the sounds that you're getting overwritten. It's probably just the human taunts. Copy them and put them in new folders with the same folder path. Make a rez file out of it. That would be your sound pack to run over the patch to keep the original sounds.

It's actually a very easy sound pack to make, it just takes time and knowing where all the sounds you need are.

Lucifero

Lucifero

i cant dowload nothing from file front its blokked in italy.
but why not? a master server differnt for lenguage or alternative more master server different for lenguage.

- from 1.5.2
      - added the Primal Hunt map pack and the custom map Broken Dream

the old 1.5.3 was very fluid in game play in his only problem was a refresh of the list server was very slow.( some time)
why not a 1.5.3 -1.5.2? more lite :D we can always add custom map Broken Dream insde new ump3 but i thik its already insde or no?

- from 1.5.3
      - replaced the ms_client dll, (add official avp2 client) fixing some issues on newer operating systems
      - faster list updating
      - more accurate pings in the list
      - fixed some servers only showing 1 player on the advanced info page
      - removed the auto update screen when searching for servers
      - included a cracked avp2.exe /ph.exe (different for all lenguage)
- included a 1.0.9.6 in all lenguage
- included a sp1& mp1 in all lenguage
why not implement this process for make different default cfg in different lenguage? for differnt keyboard ? for different os?
a pure 3d essence of lithech 1.0.9.6 crakked in all lenguage . a old maximum resolution 1024 x 768 32 bit max detail for all so 32 and 64 bit
compatible in  4.:3 and 16:9  for modern resolution monitors
I am sure that the people who own the game in different languages will be happy.
although the menu is in English and the keypad is in American is always beautiful play single player and multiplayer and hear the taunt in their own language.
I also have an idea for sp1 and mp1 multilenguage.(for solve keybord problem)
you know what I'm alluding?

http://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1424501911/0

Re: Alien vs Predator 2 v1.0.9.6 multilanguage support
x-M-x wrote on Mar 8th, 2015 at 3:50am:
It's 50/50 Depends on the master server.

And you can easily run the game WITHOUT CD's, plus cd-keys are not required anymore.

And your Italian version seems to be working fine yes? except the mods?

in old ms 2.0 and beta 1.0.0 yes italian version work fine keyboard except.

in ms 2.1 no and i noticed a strange behavior of mause on windows 7 64 expecially
in  "ms/mod"  2.2 no
in this momnt im using english version pirate for play its more stable for mause for me
but keyboard have same problem.

I am not rich but I would be happy to spend my 2 cents to this project.

valar morghulis

KingKenny

1.5.3 wont work anymore so don't worry about downloading it.

I'm all for your idea, but who is going to make it?

Lucifero

Quote from: KingKenny on May 29, 2015, 11:48:14 PM
I'm all for your idea, but who is going to make it?

KingKenny

x-M-x

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: x-M-x on Jun 03, 2015, 03:03:37 PM
http://media0.giphy.com/media/Fs8pXeLXuKUGA/giphy.gif
Disagree idea?
The Indian CHUCK NORRIS (VERRY FUNNY)

Quote from: thecanonmasterdate=Yesterday at 4:54pmDidn't get why multilingual support is so important.
wrote on :
As for launcher-modmanager-connectionutility...no promises, but will see what I can do.
и трудно говорить по-русски
any way some russian guy for exemple dont know.
Aliens vs Predator 2 - 2015 Online + AJL MOD

AVP2 2015 Online (in ms 2.1) HELL LAG

talking of Hosting the entire game in all language
AvP Unknown Forum › General › General Board › why not Hosting the entire game in all language ?
http://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1432635489
talking of avp2 v1.0.9.6 multilanguage support
AvP Unknown Forum › General › Tech Support › Alien vs Predator 2 v1.0.9.6 multilanguage support
http://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1424501911

ms2.0 pass ms2.1 and ms2.2mod cancelled
a ms2.3 (alow all costumization of all pure 1.0.9.6)
you could use the download of the new passive master server to directly download the mod for example alj.
but this principle could be used for all the mods that exist(old and new)
you could use mod db as direct bridge.
or avpunkow.net in alternative.
Perhaps we could ask David all this?

Maybe we could ask Dr Elisabeth all this in alternative.

Quote from: Randomizer on May 27, 2015, 03:56:15 PM
That's a risky move. It could go pretty much unnoticed. You have to make the setup installer for the game and updates, the read-me files, the game itself (thankfully not the audio).

I suggest focusing first on the more popular languages(besides English) like Italian, Swedish, Spanish, Mexican, Chinese(who the f*ck would bother doing so much?), French, Russian...you get it !  :)
i never say its a easy way

Lucifero

Lucifero

add pull

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed