Has AvPR improved wih age?

Started by Perfect-Organism, Mar 25, 2015, 03:59:06 PM

Author
Has AvPR improved wih age? (Read 84,367 times)

SM

SM

It's supposed to be a test.  They hunt for pleasure in hot climates.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jan 19, 2017, 06:49:39 PM
It's supposed to be a test.  They hunt for pleasure in hot climates.

Exactly. I have to say that complaint never made any sense to me.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Except the flashback scenes don't show an Arctic setting. We know they're there to test themselves, but nothing about the weather is mentioned.

I get that it's an easy explanation, but it's one of those situations where we need an in-universe reason for why the writers had to put it on Earth. I wouldn't hate the decision as much if it took place on another world...It's the Earth thing that irks me.

Transmitted from Zeta Reticuli.

SM

SM

It irks many people.

But "in-universe" there are no writers.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Does it irk you, SM?

SM

SM

Once upon a time.  Stopped worrying about it a long time ago though.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

I find it easier to just ignore AVP and especially AVPR. But notifications for this thread still seem to pop up from time to time, and I find myself in here.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Maybe the flash backs are of the same pyramid but from a time when the arctic had a different climate?
That's kind of what I assumed in my viewings, the Predators may prefer hot climates but this pyramid has now been covered in layers of snow and ice since the last time it was used. Since it's a cultural thing and they don't have a choice in doing it so they have to do it in the arctic.

Infected

Infected

Then why didnt they just filmed it at a Mayan temple, and that stupid ion cannon laser that cut through the ice didnt do the movie any good.

SM

SM

I'm guessing because you're average Mayan temple doesn't have moving walls.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: SM on Jan 19, 2017, 09:44:12 PM
I'm guessing because you're average Mayan temple doesn't have moving walls.

Nor do we have xenomorphs and queens stored in Antarctica.

SiL

SiL

Which is why they shot on sets and not on a real location. What point were you trying to make?

Infected

Infected

Quote from: SiL on Jan 19, 2017, 09:57:54 PM
Which is why they shot on sets and not on a real location. What point were you trying to make?
That ice doesnt compute with predators, pretty simple right?
You did understand that what i was trying to say it would make more sense with Mayan temples as for the climate,
as for the extra terrestrial mystery that could surround them, and that it didnt need to be filmed in a real Mayan temple,
but the concept would make more sense if they used Mayan temples.
Jungle, hot climate, temples, is the point coming across?  or do you need to troll a little more?

SM

SM

What trolling?

They are attracted to heat.  If they want an extra challenge they're going to somewhere they're not attracted to.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Infected on Jan 19, 2017, 10:02:42 PM
and that it didnt need to be filmed in a real Mayan temple,
That's literally what you said:

QuoteThen why didnt they just filmed it at a Mayan temple,

QuoteJungle, hot climate, temples, is the point coming across?  or do you need to troll a little more?
The temple was built when the content was still habitable. Which was millions of years before humans, but still, that's the logic they went with. It froze over later. They still use it. Presumably it's the last one left still functioning after all the others got blown up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed