Has AvPR improved wih age?

Started by Perfect-Organism, Mar 25, 2015, 03:59:06 PM

Author
Has AvPR improved wih age? (Read 84,208 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Sorry but I haven't been keeping up on current events but what if we were to hack aliens completely out of the picture and have her crash land on Fiorina instead. How much of a difference would that have made?

I'm having the weirdest sense of deja-vu... we already talked about this one didn't we?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jan 20, 2016, 02:34:49 AM
Guys, this has gotten way off topic.  We're supposed to be talking about how happy stupid Aliens is, remember?

My appologies. Completely forgot.  :P Aliens is far too happy and too generic of an action film!  >:(

I would like to just point out that I am not being obstinate here. I have acknowledged any reasonable points but between about 5 of us we've completely derailed this thread with multiple topics. Let's get back on topic.  If anyone would like to continue specific subjects please let me know and we'll sort out a new topic.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

AVP:R is still a disgracefully terrible movie.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Here here!

I am tempted to give it another go soon. It must be about 4/5 years since I last watched it. The AvPs are the only ones I don't have on BR either so maybe its time to upgrade.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Save your money.  You don't need a newer format just to confirm you don't like those movies.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I've just watched it and it is exactly as I remembered it. I really don't mind it... sans the same old gripe I have with it.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Guys, this has gotten way off topic.  We're supposed to be talking about how happy stupid Aliens is, remember?

Incorrect. It started with some boring good ol undetained A3 bashing and ALIENS appraisal. I just dared to question the tired old mantra, and boy did that upset whole legions of knights in shiny armor!

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jan 20, 2016, 03:59:14 PM

Incorrect. It started with some boring good ol undetained A3 bashing and ALIENS appraisal. I just dared to question the tired old mantra, and boy did that upset whole legions of knights in shiny armor!

Well you did say the ending of aliens is stupid and cheesy (which is fantastically incorrect). It's like you are the personification of alien3, sooo very bitter that you weren't as good as the masterpieces that preceded it.

It's like when someone says the ending of jaws is cheesy because you can't blow an air tank up like that, its obvious they just don't get it and they never will. For the record I love the first 3 alien movies, perfect trilogy IMO but I also understand that alien3  just isn't on par with it's predecessors.

Alien will always be my favorite, aliens, alien3, and then Alien Res.

Perfect-Organism

The discussions on the validity of Alien 3 and ADF's adaptation thereof are very interesting, but can we take them elsewhere?

In truth, I think it may be worthwhile to lock this thread as we seem to be in ALMOST unanimous agreement that AVP:R has not aged well.  What is more there to say?  Perhaps the topic could be revisited in 5 years or on a significant anniversary of the film?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 20, 2016, 11:25:38 AM
Here here!

I am tempted to give it another go soon. It must be about 4/5 years since I last watched it. The AvPs are the only ones I don't have on BR either so maybe its time to upgrade.

Stop giving them your money for terrible movies that you know to be terrible  :laugh:

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jan 20, 2016, 11:38:27 AM
Save your money.  You don't need a newer format just to confirm you don't like those movies.

The Blu-Ray of AVPR actually does away with much of the lighting issues so that it's easier to see what's going on, however if you do purchase the AVP movies on Blu-Ray I advise you purchase the later releases because some of the earlier releases of AVPR have a glitch in them regarding Jesse's death.  I've been told this edition has the corrected version of the film with no glitches:

http://www.amazon.com/Double-Feature-Alien-Predator-Aliens/dp/B00MW0CLK8/ref=sr_1_5?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1453313981&sr=1-5&keywords=avp+movie

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Lol the first thing the first review says is how the terrible lighting for AvP-R is still present.

predxeno

predxeno

Lol, well compared to the DVD it's miles better, can't say if compared to other movies tho.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Lighting is not the issue.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Lighting is the main issue.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed