Has AvPR improved wih age?

Started by Perfect-Organism, Mar 25, 2015, 03:59:06 PM

Author
Has AvPR improved wih age? (Read 84,263 times)

cheachea

cheachea

For me I'd say Wolf is the best thing about the movie. The sad thing is I enjoyed it more then Predators.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: cheachea on Jan 31, 2016, 06:38:01 PM
For me I'd say Wolf is the best thing about the movie.

Yeah...he was really memorable, cool design and concept

walker31

walker31

Watched this again a few days ago.  The only parts that are better for me are the Wolf scenes, and like it has been talked about on here since day one, too bad you cant see shit.  The scene of him emerging from the water would have been outstanding had they filmed it correctly, or had proper lighting or whatever their excuse is now.  I really wish they would take the time to fix the film.  However, I still HATE the repeated lines from their originals.  No one should ever say "get to the choppa" again in a Predator film.  Nor should they repeat ANY lines from other films, even the ugly mother F**ker line.  And finally, I still hate the Predalien concept.

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: happypred on Feb 17, 2016, 04:21:17 AM
Quote from: cheachea on Jan 31, 2016, 06:38:01 PM
For me I'd say Wolf is the best thing about the movie.

Yeah...he was really memorable, cool design and concept

It was the execution that was bungled.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: walker31 on Mar 01, 2016, 05:32:04 PMAnd finally, I still hate the Predalien concept.

You mean the AvP-R predalien design, right?

Master

Master

I'd kill a bunny for Predalien done right.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Master on Mar 09, 2016, 08:19:21 AMI'd kill a bunny for Predalien done right.

Master

Master

Stupid avpr style dreadlocks. The closest for me is original Dorman's concept.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I don't mind the dreds on that. They at least fit with the design. The ones in the film stuck out like sore thumbs.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Take the dreads off and I'd love it. I loathe dreadlocks on any of the designs. They're just not needed.

Master

Master

I'd take that one even with dreadlocks. In this image they look like hard spikes and are cool.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Like HuDaFuK, I like the design. However like Hicks, I think it would look better without the floppy dreads.

Quote from: Master on Mar 09, 2016, 07:41:11 PM
http://rs49.pbsrc.com/albums/f291/sabres21768/AlienArt/PREDALIEN2.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

I'd take that one even with dreadlocks. In this image they look like hard spikes and are cool.

I love that artwork. Sadly, no one seems to have wanted to replicate it on screen. Instead we got...Chet.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://rs49.pbsrc.com/albums/f291/sabres21768/AlienArt/PREDALIEN2.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

I definitely prefer Dorman's PredAlien over any I've seen. The dreads flow back with the head and look better but I still don't think they're needed.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 10, 2016, 09:28:16 AM

I definitely prefer Dorman's PredAlien over any I've seen. The dreads flow back with the head and look better but I still don't think they're needed.

You would think that artist would quit shoehorning in the dreadlocks. It's not like we wouldn't know it's a Alien-Predator hybrid without them. I guess the first clue would be, oh I don't know, the big f**king mandibles! But, this is just one man's opinion.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

There's a story about how Fox panicked over Chet's design, thinking it didn't have enough Predator in it when some kid said "cool Alien!" when he saw it.

"During this sculpting stage, however, particularly unusual feedback was received. "That 80/20 proportion changed a bit when a 14-year old happened to be walking through the halls of Fox, saw the maquette and said 'wow! Cool Alien!' This observation led to much discussion about how to make it look more like a Predator, and some last minute adding of dreadlocks to increase the Predator feel."

Omega has a very extensive article on the design of Chet, actually. I'd recommend giving it a read!

http://monsterlegacy.net/2015/08/25/starbeast-aliens-vs-predator-requiem-the-predalien/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed