Idea for an AvP comic on an alien hive world

Started by happypred, Nov 23, 2014, 06:47:18 AM

Author
Idea for an AvP comic on an alien hive world (Read 531 times)

happypred

How about this predator figure's backstory for an AvP comic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6GIUvo5IeI#ws

No humans until the middle of the story. For the first half, just predators and aliens. Do you think it would work?

Predator clan stranded on an alien-dominated planet

A hunt goes awry, clan gets wiped out except for one survivor

I'm thinking the survivor survives long enough to see the arrival of a WY (or Grant Corporation) Royal Jelly harvesting mission. Action ensues 

SiL

It'd work as a comic, I think. You either play it visually, or you have some sort of narration over the event like the beginning of the original Aliens vs. Predator comic from an off-screen human character.

happypred

Quote from: SiL on Nov 23, 2014, 08:28:37 AMIt'd work as a comic, I think. You either play it visually, or you have some sort of narration over the event like the beginning of the original Aliens vs. Predator comic from an off-screen human character.

Yeah...or maybe instead of Predator dialogue in English. I'm thinking an omniscient narrator for the first half with no humans. The Predator speech bubbles would have unintelligible Predator symbols. The omniscient narrator provides us with a basic narration of what's going on. Once humans arrive, the story switches to the perspective of human characters. Of course the camera also follows the surviving predator on occasion.

The predator clan-ship is stranded on the planet because it has just lost a space engagement with an unknown alien vessel. The enemy aliens assume the predator ship is doomed and thus don't pursue. The predator ship manages to crash without killing every predator on board but a good number don't survive. The surviving predators send out a distress signal and decide to try to redeem themselves by piling up the trophies and they have some initial success...but the predators get over-ambitious in their zeal for redemption and a hunt eventually goes terribly awry when they overextend and the xenomorphs envelope them. All are wiped out as they are overwhelmed by a vicious storm of metal teeth and claws, except for one veteran (maybe or maybe not the clan leader).

This predator fashions weapons out of the damaged remains of the clan-ship. The queen regularly sends packs of xenomorph drones to hunt the predator. He is in a desperate situation and is forced to survive on his wits for several months until humans arrive.

I think this story would deliver on two levels

1. Alien fans get to see an alien hive annihilate a predator clan. I mean the predators don't go down without a fight and of course they do inflict losses upon the hive but they're the equivalent of a drop in the ocean (the entire planet is teeming with aliens). The whole clan is annihilated (except for "hive hunter") over the course of a single hunt. You're going to see predators getting brutally dismembered and eviscerated by biomechanical killing machines, aliens who ambush and flank and cut off escape routes.

2. Hardcore lone predator who has to respond to the aliens the way Dutch responds to Jungle Hunter. He is engaged in a primal struggle for survival. He loses most of his gear in the hive battle. He manages to keep his mask...but his shoulder cannon suffers critical damage and he loses his glaive and smart disc. He fashions a scythe  and an additional pair of wristblades from the wreckage of the clain-ship.

When the humans arrive, hive hunter is already insane even by Yautja standards. I guess he's more like Nolan in Predators

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed