Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 629,654 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Like the Bundys in Married With Children?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

That show does come to mind.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

One thing I remember from the Paranormal Activity movies is how rich American middle class individuals are, without having a solid profession. Seriously, they all live in huge houses and even the dog has an iPhone.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I hate big houses.  They're a pain in the ass to clean.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I think a lot of American media claims one of the central characters is an architect since they're often on low six figures.

I'm not sure six figures should count as middle class though.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 29, 2021, 09:22:54 PM
I hate big houses.  They're a pain in the ass to clean.

I'm very interested in downsizing. Cleaning a two story house and maintaining the yard, essentially by myself, is a never-ending hell, and I'm not currently on top of it at all.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I understand that the economic standards within countries (first world and third world) are different. But I have always felt that the American media tries to sell a propaganda and in a way an exaggerated fairy tale of themselves.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 29, 2021, 09:30:17 PM
I understand that the economic standards within countries (first world and third world) are different. But I have always felt that the American media tries to sell a propaganda and in a way an exaggerated fairy tale of themselves.

Agreed.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 29, 2021, 09:24:33 PMI'm very interested in downsizing. Cleaning a two story house and maintaining the yard, essentially by myself, is a never-ending hell, and I'm not currently on top of it at all.

I bet you have to dust constantly.  Keeping the floors clean must be a bitch too.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Maintenance is one of the reasons that when I do move out (Covid-19 has ground things to a halt), I'd rather go for an apartment (as long as it's not too small) than a full on house, since I plan on living alone because of wanting greater independence and all that and, you know, it's not as expensive.

At home I just keep to my own room and even have makeup brushes as they are awesome for dusting off my collection. Outside my room I know I'd get flak because my method would involve the sidewalk/donation center much like my own room in the past year.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 29, 2021, 09:41:57 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 29, 2021, 09:24:33 PMI'm very interested in downsizing. Cleaning a two story house and maintaining the yard, essentially by myself, is a never-ending hell, and I'm not currently on top of it at all.

I bet you have to dust constantly.  Keeping the floors clean must be a bitch too.

A local volcano and a few cats accelerate dust production hugely. And some god damned fool put white lino on the kitchen floor just to make cleaning it extra annoying.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I keep trying to get Hicks to buy a robot vacuum.  Mine was a life-changer.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I've thought about it a lot, but the quite good one my friends have really struggles with even minor level changes and this place is all wood floors with heavy rugs laid over parts. Maybe at the next place.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It's so nice just being able to turn on the robot and then be all like this...

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 29, 2021, 09:46:53 PM
I keep trying to get Hicks to buy a robot vacuum.  Mine was a life-changer.

Do you hover on it like a super villian?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 29, 2021, 10:24:18 PM
It's so nice just being able to turn on the robot and then be all like this...

https://media3.giphy.com/media/yHDPKOPcme1XhS0X2v/giphy.gif

Is he a real gringo?  :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed