Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 629,933 times)

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 07, 2020, 02:22:37 AM
Is it true that you have no crime and everyone is polite?  Have you ever tried milk from a carton?
Crime is soaring in the cities, but only because they're so densely populated, everywhere else is pretty nice. The thing about Canada is that if you look at crime statistics on a nationwide map, you'll just see 5 or 6 bubbles, all pretty close to the border because that's where our major cities are. The biggest problem in the rural areas is meth but they tend not to bother anyone. That being said, there's a city on the Quebec/Ontario border, Gatineau, and that's the human trafficking hub of North America.

As far as politeness goes, it depends on location. Quebec is terrible if you cant speak French, Ontarians are nice but in that condescending way. Alberta/Saskatchewan are a really friendly but brutally honest, hard working people. The Maritimes (east coast) are some of the nicest people you've ever met but not the brightest, and that's only if you can understand what they're saying. British Columbia is basically the California of Canada, they even have palm trees, but the people there tend to have superiority complexes to them. I'm sure the caribou and the one snowman who live up North are pretty friendly, but I've never met them.

We do also have milk in cartons, I honestly prefer it but it's expensive compared to the bagged stuff.

SM

SM

Do you know Relic?

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: SM on Oct 08, 2020, 01:26:03 AM
Do you know Relic?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENMOwXwRTZU
I don't but that unapologetically rural Canadian
Spoiler
just without the meth
[close]

Kradan

Kradan

https://youtu.be/yxCYZi9UlhM

Lol where the f**k is this from ?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Fun and games when making "Maggie" perhaps...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Yeah, during production on Maggie he was reading requested quotes from fans.

Kradan

Kradan

Huh, didn't know that. Sounds cool

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 15, 2020, 01:06:17 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 15, 2020, 12:28:37 PM
Dare I be controversial and suggest Alien franchise consultants are perhaps partially to blame for the madness? Personal preference of wanting these franchises separate appears to be a common thead among them, and the subsequent twisting in and out of things like the Weyland Yutani Report mentioned Fire and Stone, and the cherry picking of what they want to conditionally include just cultivates such a state of disarray and fan turmoil. Perhaps. :)

https://38.media.tumblr.com/2635510c8a196cb4f250dd3f6fdaa4fb/tumblr_ncrvp08xLL1r1k6vvo2_r1_500.gif

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 15, 2020, 03:43:11 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 15, 2020, 11:43:22 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Oct 15, 2020, 10:25:42 AM
Idk, Voodoo's proposal sounds to me mostly like trying to do Alien and Predator version of MCU

Wait. So the Xenomorphs, the Predators, and all the new beings created in the Alien Predator Universe resolving their differences and coming together to fight off a Super Powered Engineer who wants to destroy half the universe for the common good sounds bad to you?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DisloyalSillyGermanspaniel-size_restricted.gif

Don't know why, but I find this amusing

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Kimarhi just upset Huggs in college football today.

Huggs

Huggs

I don't watch football.

Local Trouble

Huggs

Huggs

Sounds about right.

I don't remember a football team in this state that a good peewee team couldn't beat.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

UK was like 6th against the pass last year in defense, and over the last two games have given up one offensive touchdown and no other scores.

TOO BAD THE FIRST TWO GAMES THEY PLAYED NO DEFENSE. 

They could've been 4-0 if they did.  They play an ugly brand of football, but it wins games. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'm still smarting from the spanking that the Canes got from Clemson last weekend, but since it was Clemson who gave it to us then I don't feel so bad about it.  They're killing everyone.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

SEC beating the hell out of each other.  Think every team will have a loss by the end.  Including Alabama and Georgia both. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed