Just Talk. (Read 629,802 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 23, 2019, 11:13:55 PM
I, f**kING. LIKE. THE PREEEEEDATORRRR!

Kradan

Huggs

Huggs

So this day keeps getting weirder and weirder. My cat gets the death sentence, and now his picture has been plagiarized.

My mother is a photographer and painter, and we just found out that her photo of my cat was just passed off by someone else as their own work. Now this painting they've done is being displayed as their own work. They passed it off as their female cat. Now they're saying it wasn't commissioned and saying it's from an image search, but they're still listing it as their own and making money off it. It's the same picture.

And I know for a fact that's not their cat because it's a painting of my f*cking living room! What kind of weird frickin' universe have I fell into?

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 24, 2019, 12:10:14 AM
So this day keeps getting weirder and weirder. My cat gets the death sentence, and now his picture has been plagiarized.

My mother is a photographer and painter, and we just found out that her photo of my cat was just passed off by someone else as their own work. Now this painting they've done is being displayed as their own work. They passed it off as their female cat. Now they're saying it wasn't commissioned and saying it's from an image search, but they're still listing it as their own and making money off it. It's the same picture.

And I know for a fact that's not their cat because it's a painting of my f*cking living room! What kind of weird frickin' universe have I fell into?

Your living room must not be weird enough. Thought for sure you'd have Giger paintings in there.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 23, 2019, 06:29:44 AM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 21, 2019, 09:17:36 PM
They're excellent Half-Life mods for sure.

Portal? Yes, first one really felt like modification to HL 2. But Portal 2 really turned into its own thing.

Portal 2 definitely has fantastic worldbuilding, and actual characters (expanding off the first game), whereas Half Life has one actual character (the G man) and 2 mostly just refines the generic npcs from the original into pretty surface level individuals. However, the Portal setting, while linked to HL, is by design self contained both as a story and physical location, while HL is "bigger" in both entries in the series. This gives both franchises different strengths and weaknesses, and i agree that Portal 2 plays those strengths and weaknesses to its benefit more than any of the other games. But the expansive world(s) shown and implied in HL, the gradual revelation of just how deep black mesa had gotten into this shit before the game even happens (compared to aperture being comically evil from the get go), and the transformed/abandoned world of the sequel, all make HL the winner for me.

Kradan

Kradan

I won't have anything against about blending Portal and Half Life together in one game. I think there is possibility for some really epic story.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Been going through old uploads and these don't really belong in "fan art" but I wanted to post 'em anyway. "Wendigo" 2015 and a wood elf sketch from 2013.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I am so f**king tired. I was still up about 2am. I turned everything off at that point because the Mrs threatened to kill me. No idea how long it took me to finally drift off but was up again at 6am.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't dream at all.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 25, 2019, 08:49:06 AM
I don't dream at all.

Me too sis. I feel like I'm missing out.

The Old One

The Old One

It's a quotation lol.

I dream, irregularly.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Oh...  :laugh:  Quotes belong on a different thread.

Plus I'd peg you as more of a David reciter than Walter.

The Old One

The Old One

Depends.

Good signature.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Thanks. Using an "X" as a simple explanation tool was all you.

Wysps

Wysps

So I passed a possum tonight while I was wheeling the trash bin out. It was lurking in the shadows alongside the garage, and when the floods lights came on it kind of just looked at me and gave that "look". Then it got me to thinking, seriously, I feel like possums have only two expressions: one neutral, and the other "surprised/aggressive" (you know, with the wide eyes and gaping mouth). I can't be making this up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed