What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 608,672 times)

SiL

SiL

My memory is hazy, but I thought he wrote Aliens the year after Terminator was released (Terminator was '84, Aliens' treatment was '85).

But I mean sure, I'll just go write AvP 3 and it'll be the best sequel ever!

Kradan

Kradan

If Xenopedia is a reliable source for you:

https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Alien_II_(original_treatment)

https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Aliens_(film)#Development_and_Writing

QuoteAfter four days Cameron produced an initial 60-page treatment, then called Alien II, although the Fox management again put the film on hold, as they felt that Alien had not generated enough profit to warrant a sequel. A scheduling conflict with actor Arnold Schwarzenegger caused filming of The Terminator to be delayed by nine months (as Schwarzenegger was filming Conan the Destroyer), allowing Cameron additional time to write a script for Aliens. While filming The Terminator, Cameron wrote ninety pages for Aliens, and although the script was not finished, Fox was impressed and told him that if The Terminator was a success, he would be able to direct the Alien sequel.

I've always known the story with Arnold being taken from Cameron to shoot the sequel to Conan. I think it's mentioned on Lauzirika's Making Of documentary

SiL

SiL

I knew that Arnie was taken last minute, I just -- as I said -- was hazy on the details of timing.

If Cameron did it, surely I can, too.

Kradan

Kradan

Anyway, good luck with your project. Let's hope everything is for the best  ;)

SM

SM

And Cambo wrote Rambo at the same time.

Kradan

Kradan

Yep, and Stalone f**ked him over with it. I wonder, did he regret that afterwards ?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Cameron took great advantage of that extra nine months time allotted to him when Schwarzenegger was pulled away to film "Conan the Destroyer" to hone and refine The Terminator, including allowing him to storyboard almost the entire film and do some boards in color and hand them off to Fantasy 2 and Winston, etc. to realize. It turned out to be such a huge benefit to him!

Immortan Jonesy

While I only liked Requiem from start to sequence in Predator Prime, I did enjoy AVP. I think it deserves a better sequel and even a follow up to Requiem could be quite exciting. And partly a fun challenge.

Kradan

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: SiL on Feb 19, 2021, 07:51:51 AM
Lead actress got stuck behind some state border closures, so we've made the decision to postpone filming until July to give us ample breathing room. :(

Time to make the most of it and prepare the shit out of the movie.
I did not know you made films. Now I do. Cool.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Wardruna gig postponed again due to f**king lockdown. Supposed to be in June 2020, then moved to April 2021 and now f**king March 2022! Let's just cancel everything once and for all. Shall we?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 22, 2021, 07:21:49 PM
Wardruna

Sounds like a small Australian surf town

QuoteLet's just cancel everything once and for all. Shall we?

Unironically yes, until this shit's convincingly over.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 22, 2021, 08:18:10 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 22, 2021, 07:21:49 PM
Wardruna

Sounds like a small Australian surf town

Wardruna means 'the guardian of secrets'. And its music is rather cold and dark than hot Australian weather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDMIbVFCz7A

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Cinefex has closed down and ngl I've been crying these past hours

wanted to work on that mag and now that's never going to happen

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I saw that last night. Shit news. I only really picked up the A/P stuff so I wasn't an avid reader, but I know they did a lot for movie fans so I get it.  :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed