What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 608,836 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sorry, I deleted that post. It was too 1st world problem.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2021, 01:50:57 PM
Sorry, I deleted that post. It was too 1st world problem.

My mind is drawn to an upcoming podcast...  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2021, 01:50:57 PMSorry, I deleted that post. It was too 1st world problem.

BAN HIM!!

About you car? Nah, I get it. I'd never buy an auto. I enjoy the act of driving too much. The one time I've driven an auto for any length of time (in the States) my left foot didn't have a f**king clue what it was doing :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I've only ever driven automatic transmissions, so I can't imagine having to deal with a manual.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I'm too easily distracted. I can barely drive an automatic with any focus or safety, a manual I'd crash in minutes from the extra steps involved distracting me from the road. For the record, I initially learned in a manual but couldn't get the hang of it, and even automatics are too challenging for me to get licensed.

For some unknown reason, bikes are fine though. Aced my test and rode for a few years.

SM

SM

Learned in and owned a manual for yonks. Don't remember the last time I drove one though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 04, 2021, 07:56:23 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2021, 01:50:57 PMSorry, I deleted that post. It was too 1st world problem.

BAN HIM!!

About you car? Nah, I get it. I'd never buy an auto. I enjoy the act of driving too much. The one time I've driven an auto for any length of time (in the States) my left foot didn't have a f**king clue what it was doing :laugh:

I don't know what to do with my left hand either. I always used to have it rested on the stick. I was talking to RidgeTop about it yesterday too, and it just seems like the Brits are the ones still clinging to manuals lol

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 04, 2021, 08:39:01 PMI've only ever driven automatic transmissions, so I can't imagine having to deal with a manual.

Tbf, I get the impression you have to go some way to find an American who knows how to drive stick and isn't a trucker. Everyone seems to have autos over there.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 05, 2021, 09:32:56 AMI don't know what to do with my left hand either. I always used to have it rested on the stick.

Went to Mallorca with Jenny a couple of years back and got a rental car for a couple of days, and every time I had to change gear I kept reflexively reaching out with my left hand and almost opening the door :laugh:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 05, 2021, 09:35:43 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 04, 2021, 08:39:01 PMI've only ever driven automatic transmissions, so I can't imagine having to deal with a manual.

Tbf, I get the impression you have to go some way to find an American who knows how to drive stick and isn't a trucker. Everyone seems to have autos over there.

It's considered a macho thing here so there are plenty of rugged American manly men who insist on only driving stick.

Kradan

Darkness

Darkness

I wouldn't drive anything else but an auto. It took me ten years to finally get the motivation to drive again after passing in a manual. I figured I'd get an auto just to get me used to driving and then get a manual later down the line. Now, I wouldn't drive anything but an auto. Anyway, you're going to have to get one eventually. All electrics are automatics and that's the way the world is headed.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I haven't been in a manul for years. There's too much stop & go traffic for me to get any pleasure out of it, or take advantage of it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It's common for teenagers and early 20-somethings to take pride in their stick-shifts here, only to discover how much of a pain in the ass they are after getting real jobs and commuting in rush hour traffic.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, tbf, if I lived in a city I'd probably want an automatic.

But I don't, and country lanes are much more fun in a manual :)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'm trying not to lose my shit on a data center tech with 20 years experience who doesn't know how to run a f**king ipconfig.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed