What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 608,431 times)

Baron Von Marlon

"The cat is such a perfect symbol of beauty and superiority that it seems scarcely possible for any true aesthete and civilised cynic to do other than worship it."

"Throw a stick, and the servile dog wheezes and pants and stumbles to bring it to you. Do the same before a cat, and he will eye you with coolly polite and somewhat bored amusement. And just as inferior people prefer the inferior animal which scampers excitedly because someone else wants something, so do superior people respect the superior animal which lives its own life and knows that the puerile stick-throwings of alien bipeds are none of its business and beneath its notice. The dog barks and begs and tumbles to amuse you when you crack the whip. That pleases a meekness-loving peasant who relishes a stimulus to his self importance. The cat, on the other hand, charms you into playing for its benefit when it wishes to be amused; making you rush about the room with a paper on a string when it feels like exercise, but refusing all your attempts to make it play when it is not in the humour. That is personality and individuality and self-respect -- the calm mastery of a being whose life is its own and not yours -- and the superior person recognises and appreciates this because he too is a free soul whose position is assured, and whose only law is his own heritage and aesthetic sense."

In all seriousness, one of the main reasons I prefer cats is because they require less maintenance.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 26, 2019, 07:59:22 AM
"The cat is such a perfect symbol of beauty and superiority that it seems scarcely possible for any true aesthete and civilised cynic to do other than worship it."

"Throw a stick, and the servile dog wheezes and pants and stumbles to bring it to you. Do the same before a cat, and he will eye you with coolly polite and somewhat bored amusement. And just as inferior people prefer the inferior animal which scampers excitedly because someone else wants something, so do superior people respect the superior animal which lives its own life and knows that the puerile stick-throwings of alien bipeds are none of its business and beneath its notice. The dog barks and begs and tumbles to amuse you when you crack the whip. That pleases a meekness-loving peasant who relishes a stimulus to his self importance. The cat, on the other hand, charms you into playing for its benefit when it wishes to be amused; making you rush about the room with a paper on a string when it feels like exercise, but refusing all your attempts to make it play when it is not in the humour. That is personality and individuality and self-respect -- the calm mastery of a being whose life is its own and not yours -- and the superior person recognises and appreciates this because he too is a free soul whose position is assured, and whose only law is his own heritage and aesthetic sense."

My respect for twose who enjoy cat company and for the cats themselves but you're, as usual, full of shit Baron. Sorry not sorry mate   :)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 26, 2019, 04:32:01 AM
One of the many reasons of why I don't have a cat. I prefer dogs. It's not that I like dog shit, it's just that I find them more adorable, affectionate and faithful than cats.

Spend a week with a Ragdoll Cat and you might change your mind. It changed mine.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 26, 2019, 01:04:00 PM

My respect for twose who enjoy cat company and for the cats themselves but you're, as usual, full of shit Baron. Sorry not sorry mate   :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5gj0hhb_yw

You mean like dogs after eating their own?

Samhain13

Samhain13

I have always been more into dogs growing up, but since my uncle got his cats some years ago I started to like cats more. I don't have pets but I think cats are much easier to have, sure for someone lazy like me. My cousin got a dog recentelly, and stuff like having to take for a walk is so tiresome. Then dogs seems so needy, you need to take a time in the house to give them some attention, they jump on you for attention, while with cats is more like the opposite, I like playing with other's dogs but I think I would get bored quickly to have one at my place.

Oh and on the shit stuff, cats seems much more hygienic, maybe its because her dog is still young, but sometimes he shits and piss all over the apartment, and of course he is curious about on how his stuff tastes like, maybe that's why some dogs have such bad breath. While I don't think even the cats that live on my neighborhood's streets have any bad smell.

TheSailingRabbit

I was already settled on whether I was a dog person or a cat person for a long time, and, yeah, I'm definitely a cat person. Had cats my whole life, and I'm really not energetic enough for a dog. Plus, something happened over the summer (same exact day we had to put Sweetie down) where someone in my family got bit by this beagle-Basset hound mix. Stinker ran right through his electric fence, too. My mom was the only one in the house who wanted a dog, but that kinda changed her mind. She did tell me a couple nights ago that we might get a new kitten next summer, which I'm really excited about, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

There are other pets besides cats and dogs that stink. Rabbits' urine smells pretty bad. Ferrets stink all around, even when you have them de-scented. Unneutered male mice also stink. I've heard they can stink even after they're neutered, though.

Huggs

Huggs

Most animals seem to love me, and I can't help but love em' back.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I love both cats and dogs. Having them are distinct experiences, both rewarding.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 27, 2019, 12:06:36 AM
I love both cats and dogs. Having them are distinct experiences, both rewarding.

That sounds like mass hysteria.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 27, 2019, 12:14:41 AM

It's true sir, this man has no dick.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 27, 2019, 12:21:58 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 27, 2019, 12:14:41 AM

It's true sir, this man has no dick.

The spider will be displeased.

Immortan Jonesy

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I like both, but dogs are far better than cats.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 26, 2019, 07:59:22 AM
In all seriousness, one of the main reasons I prefer cats is because they require less maintenance.

Aye. I'm the same. I can't be doing with the maintenance of a dog. Cats will come for food, a bit of play, and a snuggle, otherwise they'll piss off and do their own thing. Sounds perfect to me. I love my little beast, she's exactly what I want.

I'm at work today. On my own - which is fine, I like my own company - but busier than I was expecting, which sucks when it's just the one of us.

And clean ya damn liter trays! They wont smell if your cleaning them.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Board Game playing cats for the win.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed