What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 600,318 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Well d*mn...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I know you don't like to perform the coup de grâce, but would you have been in your rights to do so while that lady was off being Mrs. Soccer Mom?

Huggs

Huggs

I could never do that. And if she's a soccer mom, then the woods are full of em'.

Besides, once I'd fed and given the dog water, it was finally able to rest. It was undoubtedly still in pain, but it was no longer crying, starving or thirsting to death, and it was not alone. She had several moments of peace, and lots of attention. I knew that dog and it knew me. It considered me and my people its family. We were the only ones who had ever fed it or shown it any attention. She finally felt safe and at home, and I wanted her to feel that way for as long as possible.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

How confident are you that the lady actually took the dog to the vet and didn't just chuck it down some ravine?

Huggs

Huggs

100%

She had her sister with her, and her sister is "good people". Plus the kids were in the car holding the dog and hurrying the adults to get it to the vet.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

When's the last time you had a normal week in those woods?

Huggs

Huggs

Depends on your definition of normal.

This is what Shawshank would've been like here.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

:'(

Stitch

Stitch

Yesterday I paid £14 for Just Eat because there was no food in, and I was busy preparing for work, only to find that 80 minutes later it had still not arrived and still said 'Your Driver is at the Restaurant'. By this point he had apparently been there for an hour and my updated ETA was saying 20 minutes prior to the actual time.
So then I think I'll drive to the restaurant because I need to go to work and it's on the way. As I get there the delivery driver calls, and I tell him to just come back to the restaurant. Half an hour later he's still not there. It's a 7 minute drive.
So I leave, with no food, and get straight into a massive traffic jam.

By the end of the day I've paid money for food I never got and ended up 15 minutes late for work. After complaining to Just Eat today they've said they have to escalate it and I'll get a call back in 24 hours.

That made me unhappy.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Having an attention deficit day. Just can't seem to enjoy doing anything, getting bored really quickly. I finished editing the unboxing for the Legendary Encounters expansion and it's taking the piss exporting too.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

That's what happens when you get old.

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 24, 2019, 11:54:15 PM
Depends on your definition of normal.

This is what Shawshank would've been like here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j93GN5K-Rfg

I reiterate a past comment that you literally live inside a Cormac Mcarthy novel. 

Jesus that sounded rough.  Poor woofer.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

A foot of snow making roads slick af and preventing me from going to the book store to buy the new Alien novel that comes out today  >:(

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Why not just get the ebook?

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Cuz I'm addicted to turning pages dammit!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed