What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 608,722 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I found out that a childhood bully of mine, who became something of a local legend named Pukemon for getting drunk and vomitting on a policeman's daughter at a Phillie's ball game, died six months ago. I found this out as of last night.. And I am conflicted on how I feel as to whether or not I should mourn his passing, or feel as if karma caught up with him.

The guy tormented me a bit back in middle school and high school, and he was even more of a jerk after high school when he vomited on that little girl and her father. So I am conflicted on how I should feel.

MudButt

MudButt

I'd feel sorry for his parents, losing a son must be hard, but, if the guy was a dick, then he was a dick.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: MudButt on Feb 03, 2015, 04:57:26 PM
I'd feel sorry for his parents, losing a son must be hard, but, if the guy was a dick, then he was a dick.

The guy died from a severe heart infection of sorts. His last few moments were actually recorded on Twitter. Do I feel sorry for the parents? Oh absolutely. No one deserves to bury their child. But what gets me is that while they saw their son as a caring person, they didn't know about his bully side until he got out of high school and four years later, he vomits on a cop and his daughter at a ball game. What's even sadder is that he became a local legend for something he did so vile to a little girl.

Was the guy an asshole? Absolutely, he tormented me because of the fact I had a winter coat which had the colors and logos of a football team which he hated, the Dallas Cowboys, and I'm not even a fan of football.. let alone sports. I only wore the damn jacket because up in the northeast states, it's known to get abysmally cold. And around the time we were preparing an art festival, I was posting up some Still Life photography I took and he examined my works, not knowing they were mind and without any tact.. and I still remember to this day remember him saying, and this is verbatum: "Man, these pictures suck!"

So you're right, Mudbutt.. I feel sorry for his parents, but I feel even more sorry that they didn't make their son own up to any responsibility for his behavior until he got locked up for three months for the ball game incident. As for the bully well.. I'm not mourning him but I sure as hell ain't dancing on his grave.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You're not obligated to feel anything, buddy. For anyone.

It's still really cold over here. It's getting annoying  and the boiler still isn't fixed.. I want the spring to come around.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2015, 08:30:24 AM
It's still really cold over here. It's getting annoying  and the boiler still isn't fixed.. I want the spring to come around.
First time around that I feel the same about this. Usually I love winter, but this year it's been tampering with my gym program.

Hope your boiler gets fixed soon man.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thanks. Me too. Just waiting to hear back from the land lady.

I used to like the winter. Always found it easier to get warm when cold than to get cold when warm but lately, f**k me, I can't deal with it.

On the plus side, some gorgeous and clear nights. When everything moves to behind my house at a reasonable time, I'm gonna get the telescope out again.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Ha, at least you have a telescope. Do you live in an area that allows decent observation? I live in an urban area with loads of light pollution -- if I had a telescope, I'd have to travel a mile or two to observe anything.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 04, 2015, 09:02:59 AM
Ha, at least you have a telescope. Do you live in an area that allows decent observation? I live in an urban area with loads of light pollution -- if I had a telescope, I'd have to travel a mile or two to observe anything.

I live on the outskirts of my town, backing onto a park. Every time I've tried it's been fine. It's just the position of the moon and the planets at the minute are always at the front of my house during the reasonable hours. Waiting for them to move over the top.

I got it out last year and had some lovely views of Jupiter and the Moon. Mars wasn't a good view for me last year. But Jupiter, man I love looking at that. I had the opportunity to look through the telescope at my local observatory and it was gorgeous. I'd like to see if I can get Saturn at some point but not sure if my scope is that powerful.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

In case I forgot to mention, my mother slipped on ice last week and broke her ankle. So now aside from my normal house/farm chores and working from 6 to near 7 every day, I have to help her out which I am okay with doing. She is on crots and can not put any weight on her ankle either.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ouch! I hope she gets better mate.  :)

Darkblade 25

Darkblade 25

It is my mom being mean >:(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm on my own at work today. I kinda can't be arsed. I'm tired, lonely and just wanna go home.  :-\

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Feeling homesick. Been down here in Florida at my aunt's place for.. four months. Been five months homeless.

I really miss Philadelphia.. I want to go home. But if I get there.. where am I gonna go? This is just.. Uggh.. It's finally getting to me.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

RIP Dean Smith. Basketball has lost one of its finest, greatest coaches and person ever.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 08, 2015, 07:01:37 PM
Feeling homesick. Been down here in Florida at my aunt's place for.. four months. Been five months homeless.

I really miss Philadelphia.. I want to go home. But if I get there.. where am I gonna go? This is just.. Uggh.. It's finally getting to me.

Try not to dwell on the negatives. You've got a roof over your head. Keep your head up, keep looking forward and consider it a challenge to defeat.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed