What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 607,781 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I am so f**king tired. Not slept well at all the last three nights.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Woke up in the early hours with a motherf**ker of a migraine, and all I want to do is stay in bed. Except I can't because tomorrow we're moving to Dorset and there's a ton of things I absolutely have to sort out today.

Huggs

Huggs

Had a Wendys Baconater earlier. Family member bought me one, bless their heart. I don't normally eat fast food. Perfect burger, but I'm regretting it now.

I swear, I feel like I've been poisoned.

Wysps

Wysps

I made sloppy joe's the other night, but with veggie ground beef instead of real, and all day yesterday I felt like I was fighting off a stomach bug. Why do the most delicious things have to be so horrible for you  :'( :'( :'(

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Depression hitting.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So f**king tired again.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

We lost out on the house we were hoping to buy.

It's been sitting on the market for months, then the very day we put in an offer someone else does too, and the seller went with them. Might not be so bad if they'd offered more money, but by the sounds of it they offered the exact same price and the seller only chose them because it was all in cash up front, whereas our offer was only mostly cash.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ah man, sorry to hear.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It's not the end of the world, we've seen lots of nice houses down here, but that was the only one that gave me the "feeling", you know?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah I get you. Just back to looking?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Pretty much. There was another one on the same estate we liked and we're going for another viewing there, but it's more money for fewer bedrooms and the layout isn't as interesting. Otherwise we'll have to start hunting around again.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 08, 2020, 08:00:10 AM
We lost out on the house we were hoping to buy.

It's been sitting on the market for months, then the very day we put in an offer someone else does too, and the seller went with them. Might not be so bad if they'd offered more money, but by the sounds of it they offered the exact same price and the seller only chose them because it was all in cash up front, whereas our offer was only mostly cash.

Something similar happened to me a couple of years ago.  I was passed over because another person offered the asking price (I offered a little more) but in cash.  I'm sure they were able to close early because of no mortgage loan officer being involved, and take their money and run.  I see the appeal to go with the cash offers, but man does it suck  :-\  Maybe this other place will have a little something that will compensate for the price difference. 

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

The housing market is ridiculous over here. Quite the sellers market. The good houses are sold under a week at most and buyers are dropping cash over and above its appraisal value. I've put an offer on three to no avail.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

I hope you both (HuDaFuk,Voodoo Magic) find the perfect homes. I had the experience of a blessing of unanswered prayer. I almost bought a house that was way over priced. I was blinded by my desire to have it. I thought it was the perfect home. It didn't happen then the economy tanked and I would have been upside down on the value. I did find the perfect house. I love it and it was a foreclosure so it was so affordable. So missing that house turned out to be a blessing. As Wysps said you may find something that will be a bonus or hopefully even better. :)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Thanks for the wise cautionary tale and optimism Darwinsgirl. It's much appreciated!  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed