What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 605,858 times)

SiL

SiL

Turned 30 and my wife got an incredibly cringy, awkward, amazing, surreal, spectacular private message from Michael Beihn for me for my birthday. Part of me wants to share it, part of me wants to not inflict it on innocent bystanders.

It is my favourite present.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

That's pretty cool.  :)

Reminds me of when I went Fan Expo Canada and got a picture of C-3P0 and got it signed by Anthony Daniels and had it addressed to my Dad then later had it framed and I kept it a secret as Dad's Christmas present and he loved it. I was even talking to Anthony about how it was my Dad who made a huge Star Wars fan ever since I was little.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Jan 29, 2021, 10:42:52 PM
Turned 30 and my wife got an incredibly cringy, awkward, amazing, surreal, spectacular private message from Michael Beihn for me for my birthday. Part of me wants to share it, part of me wants to not inflict it on innocent bystanders.

Keep it to yourself. Don't be like Voodoo with that Kevin Peter Hall image

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Prez

Prez

Does he sign off with ... Happy Birthday and stay frosty ;-)

SM

SM

Happy belated birthday.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah happy b day!!!

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I put it off because of lockdown laziness, but boy does a buzz cut feel good and I'm getting pretty good at doing it myself (as opposed to first try where I'm really struggling with coordination at the back of my head and getting everything). Beard oil helps with good feels too.

I mainly go buzz now because 1. it hides the thinning top spot that's more visible with long hair, 2. I actually like it of course and it goes well with the beard (before I started shaving again purely for mask guidelines that is, can't wait for the return of the king) and 3. it's been a way that I've gained more self-confidence.

After I started I even decided to do away with the cowboy hat that some members might remember, which had a pocket above the scalp as opposed to the base-ball cap or toque. Now for winter I have a warm cap with ear flaps (which is way warmer and more practical for Canadian winter, so good) and Star Wars base-ball caps for summer that I really prefer because, well, they're not as big, way easier to put away, easier to maintain and I'm not as worried about damage because cowboy hats are more expensive.

Liberating experience overall, just cutting it all away altogether rather than vainly trying to hang on to something you're not getting back.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Feb 02, 2021, 10:40:27 PM
I put it off because of lockdown laziness, but boy does a buzz cut feel good and I'm getting pretty good at doing it myself (as opposed to first try where I'm really struggling with coordination at the back of my head and getting everything).

I've been buzzing my hair off for the past year or so.  You may not get everything on the first try, but it's virtually impossible to f**k up.

Huggs

Huggs

Been buzzing for 8 years.

Barbers are overrated.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

When I first pitched the idea I was actually advised to just cover up my thinning spot with... makeup.

Hell no.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

If you're losing your hair, just own it.  Buzz it close and get some sun on your scalp.  Like Jason Statham.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Exactly, just gotta own it.

I really like it too.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 03, 2021, 02:38:01 AM
If you're losing your hair, just own it.  Buzz it close and get some sun on your scalp.  Like Jason Statham.

This.

Tight hair and even full blown baldness does not carry the stigma it used too.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Me walking into this thread:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed