What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 606,391 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Yup. I thought it was this small but rich country where everything seems to be under control. Especially crime and environmental protection. But honestly, I only know these beautiful landscapes that I see through science fiction and fantasy movies, and I tend to forget that normal humans live there  :laugh:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The only negative I knew of was the ungodly high prices on imported goods, but I was led to believe that the pies more than made up for that.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

On the subject of moving, it seems our purchase of a house in Dorset might finally be coming to completion.

This morning, there is glorious sunshine outside whilst back home they're under a couple of inches of snow. Hopefully this is a sign ;D

Darkness

Darkness

I've been looking at houses a lot actually this week, trying to work out how much money I'm going to need to buy a bigger one. I think I'll probably be only here for maybe another three years. Thinking about getting a new build.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Today is officially a week since my fiance and I settled into our apartment. It's definitely taken some time to get used to, especially since I've never lived alone, or with one other person. I'm so used to sharing a space with at least three other people that I've actually been dealing with some level of loneliness. I'm happy and grateful for sweetie's presence and support.

We did not have internet for a few days and had to reorder our router because the one we got didn't fit the power cord. Now we're back to normal and being able to write and play games again certainly helps with feeling somewhat at home. Plus we'll hopefully be releasing the first podcast episode soon.

We also have a Stargate project in the works.

And I plan on doing some Twitch streams. Probably going to test it with some Alien: Isolation or Minecraft. Not sure when, though.

Kradan

Kradan

Good luck to both of you  ;)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Ditto!

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 24, 2021, 02:27:59 AM
Yup. I thought it was this small but rich country where everything seems to be under control. Especially crime and environmental protection.

Exactly none of this is true. It's bigger than it looks, it's not very rich at all, and there's more apathy than functional control. Crime is a constant (like most places) but this town is especially bad. We would be good at environmental protection if the farmers would shut the f**k up once in a while, but they don't.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 24, 2021, 07:05:33 PM
Yup. I thought it was this small but rich country where everything seems to be under control. Especially crime and environmental protection.

Exactly none of this is true. It's bigger than it looks, it's not very rich at all, and there's more apathy than functional control. Crime is a constant (like most places) but this town is especially bad. We would be good at environmental protection if the farmers would shut the f**k up once in a while, but they don't.

Oh I see. Thank you for taking your time to share your knowledge with me.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 24, 2021, 07:05:33 PM

Is it still "What made you happy today" thread ?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

:laugh:

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 24, 2021, 08:49:58 PM
Is it still "What made you happy today" thread ?

That's my secret Kradan, I'm always off topic.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

& I love you for it.

Voodoo Magic

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 20, 2020, 08:20:12 AM
Quote from: Necronomicon II on Dec 20, 2020, 06:10:43 AM
😍❤❤❤❤❤

This guy with the black hearts gets me

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 20, 2020, 07:46:32 AM
[cancerblack] you, lucky dog !

I guess I am, aren't I?

Belated congrats on this.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 20, 2020, 05:59:24 AM
I can barely boil water.

You're watching it too much.

Water is very shy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed