What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 606,309 times)

Huggs

Huggs

The bite marks on my reproductive area are healing quite nicely.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Got a load of Job Interviews lined up. Its looking good

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just saw they're showing Starship Troopers in a localish cinema next month! Tickets booked!!!!!  ;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 17, 2020, 09:41:35 AM
Just saw they're showing Starship Troopers in a localish cinema next month! Tickets booked!!!!!  ;D

You wanted to know more, I take it?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Curses! You beat me to the punch!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 17, 2020, 09:41:35 AM

Nice!! A #MustSee in a theater! 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

All I know is I'm doing my part. I love the Troopers series (even the bad ones. They're guilty pleasures) but I've never had a chance to see in the cinema so I'm pretty damn excited.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

The first two thirds of Starship Troopers 3 Marauder I really enjoyed. I remember watching in shock saying to myself, yeah I can tell it's a lower budget, but it's true to the original and fun... how come this got bad reviews? Then I experienced the last third of the movie and said to myself.... Ohhh, that's why. :D

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 17, 2020, 02:19:38 PM
The first two thirds of Starship Troopers 3 Marauder I really enjoyed. I remember watching in shock saying to myself, yeah I can tell it's a lower budget, but it's true to the original and fun... how come this got bad reviews? Then I experienced the last third of the movie and said to myself.... Ohhh, that's why. :D

The prayer and the 'halo' forming. 

Yuck

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Feb 17, 2020, 08:18:43 PM

Yuck

Such an oddball of finale. And it looked like they ran out of money by the time they needed to create those Marauder Suits. I can roll with some questionable CG but that sequence hit my cringe-bone!

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 17, 2020, 08:38:59 PM

Yuck

https://media.giphy.com/media/prGwyBLmDzeJa/giphy.gif

Such an oddball of finale. And it looked like they ran out of money by the time they needed to create those Marauder Suits. I can roll with some questionable CG but that sequence hit my cringe-bone!

I always thought Casper Van Dien deserved a decent sequel to.  He's wasted in this

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Feb 17, 2020, 08:40:19 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 17, 2020, 08:38:59 PM

Yuck

https://media.giphy.com/media/prGwyBLmDzeJa/giphy.gif

I always thought Casper Van Dien deserved a decent sequel to.  He's wasted in this

I was cautiously excited to hear a television series was in talks a year ago with Casper and the original cast returning, but I'm not sure what happened there. I assume it's dead.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 17, 2020, 09:41:35 AMJust saw they're showing Starship Troopers in a localish cinema next month! Tickets booked!!!!!  ;D

Jealous. I recently missed out on seeing that on the big screen. It remains on the list. I hate pretty much everything else about that franchise but the first is a top ten film for me.

"We are going in with the first wave! Means more bugs for us to kill... You smash the entire area! You kill anything that has more than two legs! You get me?"
"WE GET YOU, SIR!!!"

And it still has the best fictional over-the-top TV ads. Even better than RoboCop.

Huggs

Huggs

A brand new pillow.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 18, 2020, 06:35:08 PM
Jealous. I recently missed out on seeing that on the big screen. It remains on the list. I hate pretty much everything else about that franchise but the first is a top ten film for me.

I know the other stuff is bad - to be fair, the CG ones are pretty decent - but I don't even care. lol It's Cineworld that's showing, so might be worth checking any local to you?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed