What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 606,028 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Poor John Lee.

I think what happens is that they all get bored, and the second somebody jaywalks or something everybody just responds. Even the fire department.  :laugh:

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I think I live in the NZ version of where Huggs lives, except we have daily air raid sirens to boot.

There's all kinds of trouble, daily river fogs, and this:

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

I got a full-time job, so that's 3 jobs total for me. Lot's of money but less time to spend it. Hopefully, it means I can attend more conventions and up my Patreon support for my favourite creators.

Prez

Prez

Bravo Clara. Well done.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Congrats!! Good bye free time!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 29, 2019, 09:13:15 AM
I think I live in the NZ version of where Huggs lives, except we have daily air raid sirens to boot.

It's actually Eden out here. Even back in the early 2010's you could still sleep with your windows open. But what's happening now is that there's an immense amount of growth. The surrounding 40-50 miles is one of (if not) the fastest growing in the entire nation. We have trainloads of people moving to (or retiring) here, many of whom were stationed in the area during their time in the service, and they just kind of fell in love with the people and the land.

There's also a lot of wealthy people coming here as well. Lots of businesses too. Over just the last few years, I've seen 100's of acres of land logged, 2 lane roads expanded into interstates, beautiful hillsides being dynamited and hauled away, etc. In their place are million dollar estates, high-end housing units, and brother they are being built faster than you can blink.

I drive past miles of what used to be endless acres of forest with a nice log home here or there. Now half of it is destroyed soil, covered in giant rocks and chain link fence that runs right up to those old houses, and the other half is freshly built mansions and gated communities that seem to pop up overnight. I always thought it would be something that takes generations to happen. It's being done by the day now. And so, all the problems that come from civilization are eventually going to trickle their way out here.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Got registered for spring classes today.

Only two this time around. One step closer to moving on in life.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Oct 29, 2019, 04:41:12 PM
Got registered for spring classes today.

Only two this time around. One step closer to moving on in life.

Nice Wabbit!  :)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Until the Christchurch shooting happened, I had trouble imagining any crime in NZ.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Finally had my toenail removed today.  Life lesson.  Don't drop weights on your feet!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Oct 29, 2019, 06:45:28 PM
Finally had my toenail removed today.  Life lesson.  Don't drop weights on your feet!

I had that happen once. I was wearing sandals and I scared somebody who was sitting on a kitchen chair. She weighed about 280lbs. She hopped and came back down with her full body weight on that thing. The tiny foot of it mashed my big toe.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It seems like the kind of thing that would happen to you every other Tuesday.

Huggs

Huggs

I'm much more careful around "the sitting" nowadays.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 29, 2019, 04:14:09 PM

It's actually Eden out here. Even back in the early 2010's you could still sleep with your windows open. But what's happening now is that there's an immense amount of growth. The surrounding 40-50 miles is one of (if not) the fastest growing in the entire nation. We have trainloads of people moving to (or retiring) here, many of whom were stationed in the area during their time in the service, and they just kind of fell in love with the people and the land.

There's also a lot of wealthy people coming here as well. Lots of businesses too. Over just the last few years, I've seen 100's of acres of land logged, 2 lane roads expanded into interstates, beautiful hillsides being dynamited and hauled away, etc. In their place are million dollar estates, high-end housing units, and brother they are being built faster than you can blink.

I drive past miles of what used to be endless acres of forest with a nice log home here or there. Now half of it is destroyed soil, covered in giant rocks and chain link fence that runs right up to those old houses, and the other half is freshly built mansions and gated communities that seem to pop up overnight. I always thought it would be something that takes generations to happen. It's being done by the day now. And so, all the problems that come from civilization are eventually going to trickle their way out here.

Similar is happening nearby to me, but hasn't reached here just yet. It's only 15 miles or so off but geographic features and the reputation of the region are helping keep it from here. You can see the change starting though, shit will be bougie as f**k in ten years or so.
Only 3000 or so people in the area but it's got deep history of racial f**kery and extreme poverty - then the meth arrived. So while it's a sub-tropical paradise, you might get stabbed.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 29, 2019, 06:37:08 PM

Until the Christchurch shooting happened, I had trouble imagining any crime in NZ.

There's been tons of crime in NZ forever, it's just not been at that scale. More like gangland shit that gets way less publicity, tons of assault, individual slayings etc. HEAPS of drugs.

I'd also like to take this moment to remind everyone that the ChCh shooter was an Australian who hates this country as much as he hates Muslims. I just worry that he may have set a precedent for homegrown whackos.

The Old One

The Old One

Cookies! Yes!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed