What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 602,996 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's my last day in the UK for a couple of weeks!  ;D

Huggs

Huggs

Had Christmas dinner today. Most of the family is going to be working through the holidays, so we figured this Sunday was the best day to get together. We had a nice quiet day. Everybody went into town before the churches let out, picked up "the works" from the local deli, and high-tailed it back home. Nobody had to cook anything but dinner rolls. It worked out rather nice, I'd say.

Wysps

Wysps

We're not a Christmas family, but I'm thankful for having the day off from work :laugh: 

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Wysps on Dec 24, 2018, 11:40:58 PM
We're not a Christmas family, but I'm thankful for having the day off from work :laugh:

God, me too. Today was freakin' brutal.

Huggs

Huggs

Been working like a madman for weeks, covering shifts left and right, providing respite care for family members out of state. I've hardly been able to rest at all. I couldn't even get any damn sleep on Christmas because the family had to do everything early in the morning. I've reached my limit. I'm exhausted, I'm beat, and I've got a 3 day weekend. With any luck, I'm about to get a full night's sleep for the first time in weeks. I've no plans for tomorrow, other than to rest. I've never been more excited to do nothing.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 28, 2018, 05:27:13 AM
Been working like a madman for weeks, covering shifts left and right, providing respite care for family members out of state. I've hardly been able to rest at all. I couldn't even get any damn sleep on Christmas because the family had to do everything early in the morning. I've reached my limit. I'm exhausted, I'm beat, and I've got a 3 day weekend. With any luck, I'm about to get a full night's sleep for the first time in weeks. I've no plans for tomorrow, other than to rest. I've never been more excited to do nothing.

Yes guy!  Madman working here too.

Rest time is now till the 1st!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Vermillion on Dec 28, 2018, 03:19:31 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Dec 28, 2018, 05:27:13 AM

Yes guy!  Madman working here too.

Rest time is now till the 1st!

Sweet!

I gotta work New Years Eve, but I've got the next day off because of it. Gonna spend the first day of the year doin' whatever I freakin' want.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

I'm going to my happy place (Barnes and Noble) today.

Huggs

Huggs

A buddy of mine came to me with a great story. Apparently, he was having lunch today, when a woman went to open the door to the restaurant. Well, she pushed when she should've pulled, and ran face first into the door. Hilarious as it was, this particular establishment was owned by some immigrants. She proceeded to enter the restaurant and berate the owners and staff with all manner of insults directed at them, their nationality and so forth. At the conclusion of this uniquely colorful tirade, my friend advised her to shut her "god*amned mouth".

Proud as I was of his gumption, this was quickly determined to be somewhat of a tactical error, as her boyfriend then proceeded to step out from behind her. With a nod to the owners, he quickly excused himself from the situation, and ran straight for me. Luckily, the pit bull and her owner decided not to give chase, and I was not asked to serve as the metaphorical lamppost which my friend looked like he was about to hide behind.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 01, 2019, 01:50:08 AM
A buddy of mine came to me with a great story. Apparently, he was having lunch today, when a woman went to open the door to the restaurant. Well, she pushed when she should've pulled, and ran face first into the door. Hilarious as it was, this particular establishment was owned by some immigrants. She proceeded to enter the restaurant and berate the owners and staff with all manner of insults directed at them, their nationality and so forth. At the conclusion of this uniquely colorful tirade, my friend advised her to shut her "god*amned mouth".

Proud as I was of his gumption, this was quickly determined to be somewhat of a tactical error, as her boyfriend then proceeded to step out from behind her. With a nod to the owners, he quickly excused himself from the situation, and ran straight for me. Luckily, the pit bull and her owner decided not to give chase, and I was not asked to serve as the metaphorical lamppost which my friend looked like he was about to hide behind.

Hahahaha  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

One of the best  Christmas / New Year I've had. Family from far came. This was the best gift of the season :)

Huggs

Huggs

Just watched the Hells Club 2 video that was posted earlier. You guys know we don't allow camera's in club Giger. Who's responsible for this?

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 05, 2019, 01:43:10 AM
Just watched the Hells Club 2 video that was posted earlier. You guys know we don't allow camera's in club Giger. Who's responsible for this?

I didn't do it.

Huggs

Huggs

This is a PR nightmare. Now we're gonna lose our exotic animals license again.

I just got my stitches out, someone else is gonna have to deal with this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed