What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 599,662 times)

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 19, 2018, 07:27:03 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Oct 19, 2018, 07:16:14 PM
I listened to Christmas music while cleaning the bathrooms.

I'm well-aware that it's almost Halloween.

Not sure why I'm in the holiday spirit.

Should probably change my coffee creamer.

I'm doing the same thing. I think it's the cold weather. But then again, I've always preferred Christmas over Halloween and Thanksgiving, so I might be somewhat biased.  :)

I'll enjoy Halloween when it gets here. I doubt I'm buying any candy, but I do look forward to watching The Great Pumpkin and the old Witch Hazel Looney Tunes, and those other 3 horror ones with Sylvester and Porky. And of course, my favorite, Transylvania 6-5000. "Rest is good for the blood!".

When I stopped trick-or-treating, I decided to start handing out candy. For the last few years, I didn't dress up. Last year, though, I made a prisoner's costume from The Shawshank Redemption, and now I'm just gonna wear that every single year. Cheapest costume I ever had. I don't have the time, money, or space to make a smartgunner's outfit from Aliens, but I'll get there . . . one day.

Just saw The Great Pumpkin last night. I've definitely seen Transylvania 6-5000. Have yet to see the others.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Had a slow week at work so I've got today off.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Oct 19, 2018, 07:53:11 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Oct 19, 2018, 07:27:03 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Oct 19, 2018, 07:16:14 PM
I listened to Christmas music while cleaning the bathrooms.

I'm well-aware that it's almost Halloween.

Not sure why I'm in the holiday spirit.

Should probably change my coffee creamer.

I'm doing the same thing. I think it's the cold weather. But then again, I've always preferred Christmas over Halloween and Thanksgiving, so I might be somewhat biased.  :)

I'll enjoy Halloween when it gets here. I doubt I'm buying any candy, but I do look forward to watching The Great Pumpkin and the old Witch Hazel Looney Tunes, and those other 3 horror ones with Sylvester and Porky. And of course, my favorite, Transylvania 6-5000. "Rest is good for the blood!".

When I stopped trick-or-treating, I decided to start handing out candy. For the last few years, I didn't dress up. Last year, though, I made a prisoner's costume from The Shawshank Redemption, and now I'm just gonna wear that every single year. Cheapest costume I ever had. I don't have the time, money, or space to make a smartgunner's outfit from Aliens, but I'll get there . . . one day.

Just saw The Great Pumpkin last night. I've definitely seen Transylvania 6-5000. Have yet to see the others.

I live out in the country, so I actually don't have to worry about handing out candy. Scaredy Cat, Claws for Alarm, and Jumpin' Jupiter were 3 horror themed cartoons starring Porky and Sylvester. But "Hyde and go Tweet" scared me to death as a kid. The others with Witch Hazel will always hold a special place in my heart.

Huggs

Huggs

After years of waiting, I just now saw that one of my favorite old movies,

"The Thing From Another World" is finally coming to bluray next month. Hell to the yes!

Never thought I'd see the day. It's the only movie I watch on Halloween.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 21, 2018, 12:13:31 AM

"The Thing From Another World" is finally coming to bluray next month. Hell to the yes!

Cool, is it thru Shout Factory?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Oct 21, 2018, 11:46:33 AM

Not sure yet. There's not a lot of information on it, but it's got a picture, release date, and a pre-order option.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 21, 2018, 02:40:33 PM

Not sure yet. There's not a lot of information on it, but it's got a picture, release date, and a pre-order option.
Regardless it was long overdue for a blu ray release. Now if only more such older films and especially T.V. shows would get them.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

While I prefer John Carpenter's take, that is certainly cool news.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Oct 21, 2018, 03:09:15 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Oct 21, 2018, 02:40:33 PM

Regardless it was long overdue for a blu ray release. Now if only more such older films and especially T.V. shows would get them.

I already all six seasons of Hogan's Heroes. I'd love to see that on Blu-Ray. M*A*S*H, too.

Huggs

Huggs

I'd also like to see MASH on Blu-ray, and Andy as well. I think they did season one for that and stopped. There are so many really.

It's difficult sometimes because you want to grab something before it goes out of print, but you don't want to have to buy it twice. Once on dvd and then on Blu-ray. But what if it doesn't come out on Blu-ray and then the dvd's are gone too? Now you're screwed because you waited.

That's how I found out about the movie finally coming to Blu-ray, I was looking for the dvd because I figured it wasn't ever going to get a more modern release.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

I have this on DVD.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 21, 2018, 03:50:17 PM
While I prefer John Carpenter's take, that is certainly cool news.

Same for me. ;D I like the prequel too. One consolation am thankful that the DVD' s play on the blue ray player.

I always watch the Carpenter version when the first big blizzard hits the area. ;D

Beautiful fall day and spending time with family made me happy today  :)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Oct 21, 2018, 08:30:56 PM
I have this on DVD.

I did too. But when I switched exclusively to Blu-ray last year, I gave most of my dvd's to my folks. This one was accidentally included. But I wasn't about to ask for it back, that's bad form.

While the Carpenter film will always be my favorite, the original holds a special place in my heart.

Glad to hear you had a good day with family.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 19, 2018, 06:37:49 PMYou've got me as getting all your A/P stuff if you do get eaten, right?

No one else I know would want it :laugh:

But I live. Worst that happened was a monkey shat on my car :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 22, 2018, 10:06:05 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 19, 2018, 06:37:49 PMYou've got me as getting all your A/P stuff if you do get eaten, right?

No one else I know would want it :laugh:

But I live. Worst that happened was a monkey shat on my car :laugh:

Must have had the Antichrist along for the ride.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Oct 21, 2018, 08:30:56 PM
Same for me. ;D I like the prequel too.
I struggled with liking the prequel, but maybe I should give it another go.

Although, I did like how...

Spoiler
it directly lead into the beginning of Carpenter's film.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed