What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 606,058 times)

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 23, 2018, 01:03:08 PM
Quote from: muthur9000 on Jul 23, 2018, 12:54:03 PMAnd my friend Sachi is available to translate Prometheus Japanese novelisation as of October which I have been waiting forever to get done plus she's doing it on mates rates.

Nice!

I'd be quite grateful if you could share at least some basic info on what's different about it.

A lot of the basic differences are listed on AVP Wikia http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Prometheus_(novel)

My focus through Yutani is producing a readable novel which could also be converted to a movie book if we have enough support on Patreon.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

I'd love to read a translation

Huggs

Huggs

Had a tooth fracture a few months ago. Finally went to the dentist today. I'm without insurance right now. I can get a root canal for 2 grand, or an extraction for 175 bucks. Easy decision. Thank God it's not a front tooth. Still not the greatest news I could hope for after all my good news from the doctor. Oh well, that's life for you.

But while I was feeling embarrassed and stressed, some of my friends and co-workers shared all the dental problems they've dealt with. Healthy teeth being extracted for braces, fillings that kept falling out, teeth that were just damaged and had to go, and many of these were young people. It made me feel better to know I wasn't alone.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 24, 2018, 10:21:32 PM
Had a tooth fracture a few months ago. Finally went to the dentist today. I'm without insurance right now. I can get a root canal for 2 grand, or an extraction for 175 bucks. Easy decision. Thank God it's not a front tooth. Still not the greatest news I could hope for after all my good news from the doctor. Oh well, that's life for you.

But while I was feeling embarrassed and stressed, some of my friends and co-workers shared all the dental problems they've dealt with. Healthy teeth being extracted for braces, fillings that kept falling out, teeth that were just damaged and had to go, and many of these were young people. It made me feel better to know I wasn't alone.

I'm one of those people that had to get two healthy teeth pulled for braces, and also had a lefort 1 osteotomy done on my maxilla several years ago - also had adult braces.  I was still in my 20's at the time!  Dental work just generally sucks, but it's good news that it wasn't near the front and easy to notice  :-[  Weird silver linings.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 24, 2018, 10:34:05 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Jul 24, 2018, 10:21:32 PM

I'm one of those people that had to get two healthy teeth pulled for braces, and also had a lefort 1 osteotomy done on my maxilla several years ago - also had adult braces.  I was still in my 20's at the time!  Dental work just generally sucks, but it's good news that it wasn't near the front and easy to notice  :-[  Weird silver linings.

Yep, I consider myself lucky. It will be fantastic not to have that thing go off like a chainsaw when I drink or eat something from now on. The only bad thing about the experience was the staff. They were somewhat too businesslike. That is to say, they did not have a good bedside manner. Alittle too serious. I felt like a piggy bank and not a person. And they even got my paperwork wrong. They're under the impression I was born like 50 years ago. I'm a 30 year old that looks 22. What the hell?

Needless to say, I'm going somewhere else for the extraction.

Valaquen

Valaquen

After a long, long respite I dove back into writing my book and sent out some samples to a couple of trusted folk. It's blooming grrrreat to have something (semi)readable before your eyes after hunching my back for so long.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Glad its coming together to your satisfaction often we're our own worst critics. ;)

May I inquire is it fiction or non-fiction?   I don't need to know genre or subject. I enjoy your blog so much. I know your good at writing non-fiction. 8)

And your articles flow well so I would think you would write fiction well too.

Maybe one day your book will grace my shelves. ;D

What made me happy Postponed Fire Inspection. I'm really ready for it. The extra time will let me tweak certain areas ;D

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jul 25, 2018, 05:31:20 PM

Glad its coming together to your satisfaction often we're our own worst critics. ;)

May I inquire is it fiction or non-fiction?   I don't need to know genre or subject. I enjoy your blog so much. I know your good at writing non-fiction. 8)

It's called Strange Shapes: The Making of Alien. Very self-explanatory!  :laugh: I won stuff for writing fiction back at university. Maybe that's an idea for the future  8)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 25, 2018, 06:06:45 PM
Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jul 25, 2018, 05:31:20 PM

It's called Strange Shapes: The Making of Alien. Very self-explanatory!  :laugh: I won stuff for writing fiction back at university. Maybe that's an idea for the future  8)

Fantastic!  When its published I will have it on my shelves! ;D

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jul 25, 2018, 06:35:00 PM
Fantastic!  When its published I will have it on my shelves! ;D

8) A reason to keep writing, then! Thanks very much  :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You know my offer still stands in regards to trying to help that happen.  :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, all the best with that.

I know you've been at it for a long time now. I love your blog and hope you can get it published eventually!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It will get out before the Twohy script article for sure. ;)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 25, 2018, 07:41:08 PM

You know my offer still stands in regards to trying to help that happen.  :)

I'll always take your helping hand, my man  8)

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 25, 2018, 07:48:11 PM
Yeah, all the best with that.

I know you've been at it for a long time now. I love your blog and hope you can get it published eventually!

Cheers man, it's a pain in the arse having to sit on it for so long. And I don't really want to put any of it on the blog. I really want it to be the culmination of the blog, not the other way around.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 25, 2018, 07:48:55 PM
It will get out before the Twohy script article for sure. ;)

If I get this book off the ground you might have Strange Shapes: The Making of Alien 3 to wait for  :laugh: I did chat to Twohy over e-mail some time ago, briefly, about him talking to Sigourney for his Alien 3 (they were going to replace the lead with Ripley for a very, very brief window.) Apologies for the wait, I know you've held out for that one for years.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 25, 2018, 08:23:19 PM
If I get this book off the ground you might have Strange Shapes: The Making of Alien 3 to wait for  :laugh: I did chat to Twohy over e-mail some time ago, briefly, about him talking to Sigourney for his Alien 3 (they were going to replace the lead with Ripley for a very, very brief window.) Apologies for the wait, I know you've held out for that one for years.

f**k, I waited so long I did a seven hour podcast on the Alien 3 scripts instead. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed