What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 606,445 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jun 03, 2016, 10:28:33 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 03, 2016, 08:59:31 AM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jun 03, 2016, 02:20:01 AMIt finally happened. After a year and a half of waiting and 3 cancellations I'm finally an official member of the Canadian Armed Forces.

I'll refrain from making any South Park jokes and simply say well done! What area are you going into exactly?
Light infantry

Thank god. I know how long you've been waiting.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jun 03, 2016, 10:28:33 AMLight infantry

Awesome. Congrats again. Good luck with it all!

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Congratulations PVT!

Happy National Doughnut Day! Even though I have cut out sweets/sugar/excess calories and fat from my diet, I guess I can cheat for a couple iced sprinkled rings ;)

Additionally, Italian high end fashion designers Giorgio Armani and Missoni have each, respectively, introduced their new products for summer!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

My airsoft VP70 arrived! So now I've got a Pulse Rifle and sidearm. Just need the camo and armour now.  :P I wish.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jun 03, 2016, 02:20:01 AMIt finally happened. After a year and a half of waiting and 3 cancellations I'm finally an official member of the Canadian Armed Forces.

I'll refrain from making any South Park jokes and simply say well done! What area are you going into exactly?
Light infantry
Nice one and after your gonna be an MP right?

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jun 03, 2016, 09:36:57 PM

Light infantry
Maybe, was also thinking armored

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jun 03, 2016, 10:09:23 PM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jun 03, 2016, 09:36:57 PM

Light infantry
Cool are you on leave or at a base
Maybe, was also thinking armored

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

I don't ship off for basic until July, so for now I do drill/classes at the regiment downtown

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jun 03, 2016, 10:15:40 PM
I don't ship off for basic until July, so for now I do drill/classes at the regiment downtown
Sick man!good luck bro!

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

I had a really nice long talk with my ex last night about our breakup. We've been best buds since it happened but we never really talked about the actual breakup until now. It was calm and civil, something we both knew would happen, so it was still sad. But not depressing. After the breakup we've actually been more relaxed and comfortable around each other, talking every day and just being really close friends.

Last night we really talked over our feelings and opinions about our failed relationship and the breakup, maybe out of curiosity, maybe out of a sense of a little more closure. We agreed that, while it was enjoyable and had plenty of nice moments, there was simply too much stress that overshadowed it, mainly my fault. We both had different expectations of what we wanted from a relationship, and I tried to make her into someone that I wanted, rather than accept who she really was. But thankfully we both understood things weren't going well enough to continue, so when the breakup finally happened, we only needed a little time to adjust, and really soon we were practically best friends again.

I'm really really happy things worked out so calmly and maturely, and that we can talk such a tender topic out rather than avoid each other. I'm not super hung up about it even - but I felt that this conversation gave some good, proper closure, and now I feel much more calm, now that I know of her thoughts about it too.

Just something that really lifted my mood. :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I know it's nothing massive but just got an email from a podcast listener, just thanking us. I really appreciate stuff like that.  :)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^ They know whats up.

Attending an open casting call for voiceover acting today, wish me luck!

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

This didn't happen today but yesterday but... this really made me happy.

Yesterday I went to a local pond/park where... eleven years ago I had been forced to release my pet turtles into the wild. There were three of them. Two red ear sliders, and one eastern painted turtle. I had to release them because I was moving into a new home at the time and there was nowhere to put these reptiles. So... I released them into the wild and I wasn't sure if it was the right thing.

So yesterday.. I went to the local pond to have a walk and as I am walking, I notice a pond and there is a familiar shell I noticed. It belonged to an eastern painted turtle, and I realized.. it's MY eastern painted turtle, whom I named Donatello as a child. He was a small turtle, very friendly, and now.. he's gotten bigger. A lot bigger. Not only did my turtles survive, they're thriving!

I was so glad to see an old friend of mine.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

That's a really nice story! My little brother had two red eared Venezulian (sp) sliders years ago, they were both really nice pets and grew to decent size. I remember hand feeding them vitaminized flies as well, not sure if those are around anymore.

Since I am here, I will report that the audition went very well and I was easily the best dressed person (male or female) at the modeling/talent agency. They said that if they are interested in offering a contract (modeling and/or voice acting), they will let me know by the end of next week. I nailed the advertizing example they had me read, so I am feeling confident that I gave (and looked) a good performance.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^ I heard back yesterday from the agency... Well, at least I tried. :P

Despite having to work today, I still hope to attend the "Pride In The Street" LGBT pride event in Pittsburgh tonight! Starts at 6pm, but traffic is going to be horrific thanks to the Pirates playing and The Three Rivers Arts Festival going on too ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed