What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 606,571 times)

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 16, 2015, 06:54:48 PM
Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 16, 2015, 05:40:29 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 14, 2015, 08:19:30 PM
Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 14, 2015, 08:39:26 AM

I did.  ;) In fact, I was that busy with Halo 5 and the problems in my life I stepped out of the AvP universe for a bit. Time to enter the hive again ! I'm gonna watch Predator: Dark Ages as soon as I finish writing this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I got a bag from my godfather, said it was something his kids used.

Well, it looks like someone's whole childhood in there. Tons of PlayStation games, utility CD's, Mettalica albums, you name it. Despite some classic games and obscure anime ones, I also found a couple of jewels, like "Alien Ressurection" or "Medal of Honor Frontline" . Tomorrow I'm going to call my friend, see if he can borrow me his PS1 (mine is a PS2). Heck, there are lots of CD's I still haven't checked.

This will keep me busy for the weekend.

EDIT: formatting

I thought PS2's were backwards compatible with PS1 games as long as you had the memory cards?

Lol have fun with it all lol

Seems like it.

There are at least 60 games in here, if I counted them correctly.

EDIT: I've seen enough syphon filters for a couple years. :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Time to enter the hive again ! I'm gonna watch Predator: Dark Ages as soon as I finish writing this.

Make sure you drop into the Dark Ages thread and pop up your thoughts!

Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 17, 2015, 06:32:31 AM
I've seen enough syphon filters for a couple years. :laugh:

I used to be obsessed with a demo we had of the first SF. Never did buy it though. I was only a wee nipper.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So today was a Star Trek day at one of my LFGS. We were playing the Balance of Terror (from the original show) Organized Play kit. I tend to try something a little less serious for these episodic events as they're one offs and don't need you to be consistantly awesome throughout to get a grand prize. This was the 2nd and final one of this little break. For the first one I tried something completely different and ended up facing fleets my fleet wasn't designed to beat in all 3 games. I managed to go 2 wins to 1 loss though and come second.

For this one that's just gone, we played Classic only ships. So that meant only stuff from Enterprise, from TOS and from the TOS movies. I went with something a bit different for me. Again, ended up playing all 3 games against fleets I didn't really build to handle. xD Went 2 wins, 1 loss though and managed to snag 3rd place and a prize though! Despite not building to win, I ended up white washing my 2 wins without any of my own ships dying. The second game, the one I lost, went to time and I lost by 4 points because of bonus points from the scenario. Was absolutely gutted but it was such a close game.

Annnndddd! Predator: Incursion has finally arrived!  ;D

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 17, 2015, 06:32:31 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 16, 2015, 06:54:48 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 14, 2015, 08:19:30 PM
Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 14, 2015, 08:39:26 AM

I did.  ;) In fact, I was that busy with Halo 5 and the problems in my life I stepped out of the AvP universe for a bit. Time to enter the hive again ! I'm gonna watch Predator: Dark Ages as soon as I finish writing this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I got a bag from my godfather, said it was something his kids used.

Well, it looks like someone's whole childhood in there. Tons of PlayStation games, utility CD's, Mettalica albums, you name it. Despite some classic games and obscure anime ones, I also found a couple of jewels, like "Alien Ressurection" or "Medal of Honor Frontline" . Tomorrow I'm going to call my friend, see if he can borrow me his PS1 (mine is a PS2). Heck, there are lots of CD's I still haven't checked.

This will keep me busy for the weekend.

EDIT: formatting

I thought PS2's were backwards compatible with PS1 games as long as you had the memory cards?

Lol have fun with it all lol

Seems like it.

There are at least 60 games in here, if I counted them correctly.

EDIT: I've seen enough syphon filters for a couple years. :laugh:

60 GAMES?!? Bloody hell lol now that's quite a haul :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's the start of my 4 day week.  ;D Off Friday because it's my birthday and me and the Mrs are going to Cardiff for a Comic Con.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So it's my birthday tomorrow and I'm off work. My work buddy (there's only 2 of us + manager, who is off) brought me my present in. He got me one of those experience voucher things and he got me a voucher for a traditional close cut shave which we'd talked about before. Really chuffed.  ;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

My podcast was picked up by a website.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Congrats! That's the one looking at old screenplays, right?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 22, 2015, 09:41:13 AM
Congrats! That's the one looking at old screenplays, right?

Yep, the one my sig refers to.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'll have to give some of those a listen.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 22, 2015, 10:09:39 AM

Thanks. :) The site I'm on now is here.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Nicely done KiramidHead :)

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 22, 2015, 10:31:32 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 22, 2015, 10:09:39 AM

Thanks. :) The site I'm on now is here.
I ll check it out tomorrow when i go home

Randomizer

Randomizer

I ordered the AvP books: Prey, Hunter's Planet and War. Can't wait to read them !

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 22, 2015, 05:03:06 PM
I ordered the AvP books: Prey, Hunter's Planet and War. Can't wait to read them !
Hope you enjoy it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed