What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 605,883 times)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I can finally sleep in tomorrow.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Busy busy weekend that was quite fun! Went to see Minions on Saturday and loved it! Managed to sell some extra Trek stuff and made £86. Went to Alton Towers and came back uninjured on Sunday.  :)

Now I'm back to work and shattered. lol

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

(yesterday) Temps were in the mid 60s and pleasantly cool. Days like this are average in Alaska, but not in Pennsylvania for this time of year, makes me want to move to Alaska so much sooner! Also picked around 2 pints worth of wild black raspberries from my fields and made delish raspberry streußel muffins with some of them!

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

As many of you know, for the last few months.. Seven or eight months to be precise, I have been homeless and was constantly on the move. I've gone from New Jersey, to Pennsylvania to Florida in order to keep having a roof kept over my head by staying with relatives who were willing to take us in. It has been a long and arduous journey, and we've fought very hard to survive. It's quite embarassing to announce that you and your family are homeless and have to look for whatever work is available to just get the next meal.

But I have a big and very positive update in regards to my situation. I've had two interviews so far for Toys R Us and Wegman's Foods– both seemed to have liked me as a potential employee but I think that Toys R Us will be aiming to hire me because they had told me they were going to be running a background check and work with the schedule to see what I have.

I am not sure, but it sounds like I have the job. But I am not too sure and am considering other avenues to look for employment if I do not receive a call.

But that's not the big news.. Mom's found employment and.. still not the big news here.. but I can say this...
The journey to find a home is over.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Fantastic! I'm really glad to hear you're getting there! When are you moving in?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2015, 02:28:14 PM
Fantastic! I'm really glad to hear you're getting there! When are you moving in?

I am moving into a victorian styled house that has been converted into an apartment building. I will be living on the lower floor rooms, and it's a two bed room apartment. A lot of things have been converted such as coat closets being made into bathrooms, and there is a master bathroom underneath the stair case. It's an old style apartment but.. it's home.

It's in my second hometown of Pennsauken, a place I used to call home seventeen years ago. Funny thing, I left the town when I was ten years old, and told all my friends I'd be back before moving to Cherry Hill. I'm seventeen years late but.. it's good to be back!

I begin moving in this week, so we're gonna see if we can get the keys today!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Nothing wrong with an older style. They have character.  :) You'll have to show us some photos.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2015, 02:41:18 PM
Nothing wrong with an older style. They have character.  :) You'll have to show us some photos.

I actually like Victorian styled homes because as you said, they have character. That and for whatever reason, I liken them to haunted houses. They just have that look to them!

Anyway, here is a picture which I pulled off from Realtor.com of the place!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 29, 2015, 02:52:00 PM
That and for whatever reason, I liken them to haunted houses. They just have that look to them!

That'd kill me xD if I was reminded of haunted houses. I'm an imaginative person with an over-active imagination. I'd never sleep. xD

Looks nice though mate.  :)

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 29, 2015, 02:52:00 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2015, 02:41:18 PM

I actually like Victorian styled homes because as you said, they have character. That and for whatever reason, I liken them to haunted houses. They just have that look to them!

Anyway, here is a picture which I pulled off from Realtor.com of the place!

compared to my council house back in the UK that looks like a mansion to me.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2015, 03:04:34 PM
That'd kill me xD if I was reminded of haunted houses. I'm an imaginative person with an over-active imagination. I'd never sleep. xD

Imagine that with this music playing..

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That's actually pretty frigging creepy. xD

Supposed to be quite a nice day today! And it's looking it!

Randomizer

Randomizer

Minimum wages are being raised from 800 RON (the currency used in my country) to 1050 RON. To translate that into US dollars, it's a raise from 201$ to 264$. This means I could be getting an Xbox One a bit sooner.  :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Woop!  :)

It also pleases me that one of my nicknames is a currency.  :P

Randomizer

Randomizer

Ron? Well, glad to hear that.  :P

They're also called " lei ", which means lion. So when I go shopping and buy...idk, chips,Coke,pants(you name it), the seller could might as well put some lions in a cage and give them to me.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed