What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 606,694 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

And goddamn, those deleted should have made it in. Like, that conversation between Janek and Vickers is so good.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 17, 2015, 12:08:44 AM
And goddamn, those deleted should have made it in. Like, that conversation between Janek and Vickers is so good.

Ridley be like: "But the pacing tho..."

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 17, 2015, 12:06:06 AM
Well, the internet has hijacked the term "plot hole" and use it in place of "things I didn't like or understand because I was too busy texting."

Yup.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 17, 2015, 12:08:44 AM

I know, right? Suddenly everything Janek does makes so much more sense and has significance instead of just moving the plot forward

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

As good a director as Ridley is he does see some things in rather narrow terms, same goes for not knowing what the Engineer says or even more pivotal Weyland's "We are Gods, and Gods- never die."

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

And after his last two movies, I shudder at whatever he has in store with Prom 2 and The Martian.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

He needs to get rid of that f**king awful editor and yes man.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'd actually place most of the blame on Ridley's shoulders rather than anyone else. It was him that was so adamant about "putting butts in seats" at the expense of the storytelling, and it was him that approved/asked for all of the changes. All the broad strokes, that's Ridley. Sure, you can blame the writers for things like the dumb character decisions, but ol' Riddles still approved them.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I tend to wonder if it was Riddles who had Holloway changed from a jaded older man who doesn't give a shit anymore because it reminded him too much of himself. :laugh:

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

I never said Riddles wasn't to blame just that I hate his editor.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, sorry. I just woke up from a nap and was kind of out of it, missed your earlier posts.

I want to check out Prometheus again, been a while. I don't hate the film (in fact, there are a lot of things to love about it), though its flaws become increasingly more obvious over time. And I still hate the choice to make the Space Jockies into the Engineers. The Engineers in and of themselves are interesting, but not in place of the Space Jockey.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Muh space elephants

KiramidHead

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Every single time I see that picture I think the egg is a dick.

Also Space Cthulhu Elephantine creatures could be cool in my belief, just need to be done correctly.
(Which is in my belief, not at all just separate them from the Engineers as a long dead culture and race.)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 17, 2015, 12:04:34 AM
Well it's fully explained in the film (and or deleted scenes, I forget), the pups send data to the ship, and the ship sends data to the suits. It's f**king stupid but not actually a plot hole like so many people claim.

I can't remember this. At all. I'm sure it's not in the movie. I'ma have to go back and check out the deleted scenes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed