Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 857,040 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 27, 2018, 12:14:52 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 27, 2018, 12:06:57 AM
Black Hawk Down

Damn, that was excellent.

I still can't hardly believe how many people were in that movie.

When I realized that Blackburn was Orlando Bloom... :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

The Perfect Host - DVD

Wild and nuts, but it was nice to see what happened to Niles after Frasier left for Chicago.

1/5

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Baby Driver.

I thought the first two thirds of the film was great, but it got totally ridiculous in the last third (and subsequently brought down my final score.)

7/10

SM

SM

Pacific Rim Uprising

Liked it more than the first one.  The first one seemed to take itself way too seriously for a movie about giant monsters fighting giant robots.  The sequel had some humour here and there to lighten the mood and wink at the audience.  Needed big Ronny P back though.

Huggs

Huggs

Den of Thieves - Bluray

Blatant ripoff of heat. Good opening shootout, and Butler was great. The rest was so-so.

Watching Geostorm now. Oh my Lord. Terribly cheesy and way too political so far. The acting is so bad, it's freakin' horrifying. And here comes the stereotypical genius kid. SMH. Glad I only paid 3 bucks for it.

Alright, they crushed an h3 hummer, now I'm p*ssed.

SM

SM

Geostorm was an Emmerich-esque big dumb fun disaster movie.

With emphasis on dumb.

But still fun.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Nov 28, 2018, 12:39:15 AM
Geostorm was an Emmerich-esque big dumb fun disaster movie.

With emphasis on dumb.

But still fun.

Guess it solidifies that only Emmerich can do Emmerich.

SM

SM

And sometimes even he struggles ('Quick! Run away! The cold is chasing us!!')

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Yeah, but it was directed by Dean Devlin, who co-wrote Emmerich's better films.

Huggs

Huggs

I'm rooting for Ed Harris. He's the only ones with balls in this political mess. This geostorm must have been what the election felt like for the dnc. This movie is just oozing political frustration.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The Predator (2018)
Not sure what to think of this. Wasn't bad but certainly not great either.
Best part are The Loonies.
Not the worst but most noticeable: the CGI blood and explosions, the slight change of Predator blood colour.
I get you can't blow stuff up for real like in the golden days but can't be that hard or expensive to get a load of corn syrup and red food dye.

Quote from: SM on Nov 28, 2018, 12:34:30 AM
Pacific Rim Uprising

Liked it more than the first one.  The first one seemed to take itself way too seriously for a movie about giant monsters fighting giant robots.  The sequel had some humour here and there to lighten the mood and wink at the audience.  Needed big Ronny P back though.

Same.
Find it hard to understand most people think part 1 is dumb fun but think part 2 is bad.

Huggs

Huggs

The cast is really what killed PR2 for me. The cast and the acting were just so bad. And the kids, the kids were terrible. It turned from adults in enormous mechs fighting monsters, into a power rangers movie. Really bad call there.

There were some interesting ideas though. The yeager/kaiju hybrids looked great, and their time on screen was probably my favorite part of the film. Not letting more Kaiju through the portals was kind of a bummer though.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I enjoyed the sequel about as much as the first one. The thing that bugs me is how they killed off the cast from the first film.

SM

SM

I don't see how the acting was any worse in the second one.  You had that dude with the crappy Australian accent and the hammy science guys in the first one.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I just binged the Atlas Shrugged trilogy on Amazon Prime for the lulz.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed