Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 856,825 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Hot Moves (1984)
"4 Los Angeles teenagers make a pact to get laid before their senior year in high school"
Eighties cheese. A little better than I expected. Some quality eighties boobage though.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 05, 2018, 09:49:39 PM
Black Dynamite

"Fiendish Doctor Wu, you done f**ked up now!" :laugh:

HAHAHA. That film!!! ;D

Huggs

Huggs

A River Runs Through It

MudButt

MudButt

A Star Is Born (2018)

This movie made me fall in love and broke my heart. Amazing music, even better acting and direction. It's going to sweep at the Oscars and it deserves it. Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga are fantastic. Loved this movie.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Not many singers can prove themselves to be great at acting. I haven't seen then film but I read the reviews and they single out Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper on their performances.

The Conjuring 2.
Seen it before, not bad at all, I am desenitized to horror so I very rarely jump. That said it is an interesting film and I like Valak, I find it approprietely creepy, shame its spin off film didn't do so well.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Bad Moms
A very fun film. Mila Kunis is a riot

Bad Neighbours 2
While not as good as the first one, its still a fun film. Some great call backs to the first one

The Boss
Wasnt originally interested in this but having watched it, i thought it was hysterical. Mellisa McCarthy when she has a bit more free reign is great

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: The Cruentus on Oct 08, 2018, 10:40:45 AM
Not many singers can prove themselves to be great at acting. I haven't seen then film but I read the reviews and they single out Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper on their performances.

The Conjuring 2.
Seen it before, not bad at all, I am desenitized to horror so I very rarely jump. That said it is an interesting film and I like Valak, I find it approprietely creepy, shame its spin off film didn't do so well.

Cooper highlights Gaga's talents which elevated her performance for sure since it's her first leading role but she really proves herself in the movie. The praise they're getting is deserved.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

With such high praise. I will definitely check this out. I enjoyed the 2 previous versions.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Oct 08, 2018, 02:17:40 PM

With such high praise. I will definitely check this out. I enjoyed the 2 previous versions.

I am shocked by how much I loved this movie. The music is so good. I've been listening to the soundtrack all morning. I'm not a Lady Gaga fan but this movie made me respect her so much more as a performer and I was already a Bradley Cooper fan but he's proven himself to be a director to watch out for.

The Old One

The Old One

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (EE)

A masterpiece of the modern era.

N-Shifter

N-Shifter

"A Star Is Born" (2018)

I wanted to see this but didn't expect it to be so damn good, Cooper and Gaga are both superb in this, great movie to take your other half to see as well, I turned to my wife at the end and she had tears streaming down her face, very emotional movie.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Black Rain

I'm not gonna claim this is up there with Ridley Scott's masterpieces, but despite its flaws I really, really like this film. As you'd expect from Ridley, it looks gorgeous (can't help but notice the obvious tip of the hat to Blade Runner in the neon-drenched Osaka scenery). Michael Douglas and Ken Takakura are excellent as the leads; there's an amazingly emotional dialogue scene between them in the second half of the film, made all the more notable by the fact it's not about a subject you'd traditionally consider fodder for such a moving conversation (but to say more would ruin a great plot twist). Something else I really appreciate is how Douglas' character is basically a complete dick on paper, yet he somehow manages to translate the part into a sympathetic performance. It's both a refreshing change from the norm and a credit to his acting.

Oh yeah, the score by Hans Zimmer is also excellent. And as an added bonus, this being the 80s, he wrote the requisite power ballad for the film. I really miss the days when every movie had a bunch of awesome songs written specifically for it.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: N-Shifter on Oct 08, 2018, 08:09:46 PM
"A Star Is Born" (2018)

I wanted to see this but didn't expect it to be so damn good, Cooper and Gaga are both superb in this, great movie to take your other half to see as well, I turned to my wife at the end and she had tears streaming down her face, very emotional movie.

My lady turned to me and I had tears streaming down my face lol.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

True Lies
A fantastic Arnie film and Underrated Cameron. Shame we never got the sequel

Huggs

Huggs

Beowulf - on Bluray

Just as good as I remember. First time watching it on bluray. Looks fantastic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed